It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4-12 M tons of plastic every year.....dumped in the oceans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Choke that ocean boys......not to mention what this does to sea levels....
Maybe we can teach sharks to eat it......
Hmmmmmm.......

from the CBC link......

Scientists have known since the 1970s that plastic debris carried by currents is creating floating islands of garbage in the world's oceans, but until now they haven't studied the source.

edit on 12-2-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

Visit the link for the top twenty pollutors and comparisons for volume...very interesting....86 Nimitz class carriers ....whew!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

This kind of pollution is a total disgrace & when this planet does hit the point where it's f*cked, the elite and those with the power to do something about it will realize that their cash is no longer good here

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

do you know why the UK is not on that list , its because even though we recycle and separate our waste a lot of it just gets dumped together and sent to china .

Norway , i think its Norway are so good at waste management they even bring it in and use it for fuel , so if they can do it why can't the rest of us ?.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It's terrible. I know some friends who went to a few pacific islands and they said that the beaches were littered with tiny flecks and pieces of plastic....what a shame.

But let's be positive. Hopefully, we are learning and trying harder now.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tom.farnhill

do you know why the UK is not on that list , its because even though we recycle and separate our waste a lot of it just gets dumped together and sent to china .

Norway , i think its Norway are so good at waste management they even bring it in and use it for fuel , so if they can do it why can't the rest of us ?.

Because this countries gone down the pan and we cant seem to do much nowadays? ive been living in London for 30 years and it pains me to say it...but its true

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The city of London sorts and burns as well as recycles wholesale...they even produce enough gold out of garbage to make the process worthwhile....though perhaps that info is out of date...
Its those third world countries that pollute the most right.........

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

This kind of pollution is a total disgrace & when this planet does hit the point where it's f*cked, the elite and those with the power to do something about it will realize that their cash is no longer good here

Those idiots still seem to think money can fix everything.....i am pretty sure it does not fix stupid

new topics

top topics

join