It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abandoned farmhouse in Welsh countryside found frozen in time

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
from Dailymail.uk
Ghostly photographs of a farmhouse that was abandoned in the 1950's-1960's located in the Welsh country side.

Photographer Dan Circa visited the once cosy home. He said: 'Not a great deal of information is known about this house. There were few documents left inside to be able to do any detective work'

The mystery of the home's previous owners has baffled those who stumble across the stone cottage - but there are plenty of clues inside

The remote cottage is still full of belongings, from a black and white photograph of a smartly dressed couple to a chest of drawers topped with ornaments.
But a thick layer of dust covers the inside of the forgotten farmhouse in mid-Wales, which has been dubbed the 'Cloud House'.
Photographer Dan Circa visited the once cosy home.
The 31-year-old, of Manchester, says: 'The house is in a remote location, surrounded by cloud topped mountains, which is where it gets its name from.

'There is no accessible road and the land is boggy and usually flooded due to the rain water coming down from the mountains.'
Making his way around the four bedroom farmhouse, he was able to access the kitchen, dining room, front room, pantry and bathroom, as well as the bedrooms.
A man's jacket, accompanied by a walking stick, hung inside one of the four bedrooms, which also featured a dark wooden chest of drawers, home to a collection of pocket watches.

A black and white photograph left inside the abandoned farmhouse, thought to be previous tenants.

A collection of reading glasses also adorn the shelves of the once much loved home

The 'Cloud House' has been abandoned for an unknown number of years, and the identity of the last occupants also remains a mystery.
Mr Circa said: 'Not a great deal of information is known about this house. There were few documents left inside to be able to do any detective work.

Valuables collect dust inside the abandoned farmhouse, including this Daily Mail souvenir war map, which outlines the strengths of the Triple Entente and the Triple Alliance at the time of the Great War.

A pair of reading glasses lie on the kitchen table - ready to be plucked up and put on - while 1950s style tins behind give some indication of the date the house was last occupied

A well used watercolour pallet lies still open on a dressing table next to tobacco tine and a puncture repair kit

An old Land Rover sits on the land, completely wrecked. Mr CIrca added: 'People are generally stunned that places like this exist, but it was very photogenic and had to be documented before it's all gone'.

This is fascinating, remnants of a bye-gone era.
edit on 2/12/2015 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi
To me, the portable radios on the right of the map say "60's".
The 50's could not get them that small.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

This looks like a set designer has been at work on a film. I don't find it credible. Too stagey.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

S&F

Very Very Cool...

I could wander that house and property for hours exploring....

that house looks like it was made out of stones from a stream, or just from the local country side

Good stuff man!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
P.S. I have an old pair of binoculars identical to the one in the picture.
They are known in the family as "Uncle John", after the original owner, who was my grandfather's uncle.
That's why passengers on the Stranraer-Larne ferry were once startled to overhear my mother warning me "Don't drop Uncle John overboard".

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Beautiful, captured in time and a total monument. Abandoned places/objects are a bit of an obsession of mine, they're better than photographs if one wants to see the past. S + F, hoping it stays untouched

Tangerine, some abandoned interiors can look very pristine depending on the conditions and amount of human/animal activity. Can't say they aren't dusty and stale though.
edit on 12-2-2015 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Wow I would love to live there.
I bet it is spooky though, I wonder what happens to it? will the local council take ownership?.
Neat find S&F.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
overall it looks really cool, but i don't know man it looks fake, as in staged, everything seems to have been set up for best visual impact, the one with the glasses especially.
Still, beautiful photography though!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Ok this is a conspiracy site so i will throw it out there . Hitlers last home . He was a painter , he fought in the first world war . The place is isolated . I dont know he just came to mind .

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Beautiful, captured in time and a total monument. Abandoned places/objects are a bit of an obsession of mine, they're better than photographs if one wants to see the past. S + F, hoping it stays untouched

Tangerine, some abandoned interiors can look very pristine depending on the conditions and amount of human/animal activity. Can't say they aren't dusty and stale though.

It isn't the pristine nature (although that's part of it: no broken windows,etc.). It's the way the items are placed. They're placed to be photographed. Also, over time, wild animals (squirrels, etc.) get into buildings and raise havoc. Also, no vines have overgrown the building. Yeah, it's fake.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Vines in wales?.
Look at the landscape.
Squirrels? the only animals that live around there are sheep.

It is a pretty barren but lovely place the welsh countryside.
I go often.
edit on 12-2-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Cool pictures...looks staged to me too
Check out the pic w the watches. There is major dust buildup on the trunk handle, but the surrounding items are clean...especially the pocket watches. Check out the reflection off of the glass on them.
Nice pictures, none the less...Id like to explore the property. Anyone know the year of that Range Rover?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
If you go to the Daily Mail website link provided by the OP and look through the photos (some were left out in this thread), note the coat hanging from the door. First, it's obviously not old and obviously not covered with dust. Now scroll down to the last photo of the coat hanging on the door and notice that a cane is leaning against it. The cane was not present in the first photo of the same jacket hanging on the same door. Note that in the photo of the glasses, one of the glasses has dust on it and the other pair doesn't. Note that the watercolor box is open for painting but there are no brushes. Note that several of the photos (none displayed on this site) look like an area of a long-abandoned house would actually look: filthy, rusty, decaying. The rest have obviously been set up for the photo op.

The Daily Mail has a poor reputation. No wonder why.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse
If the content has been re-arranged, for photography purposes, that doesn't stop it from being genuine content.
Sourcing all those detailed items and dragging them up there just for the sake of a set of pictures would have been too much effort.
No doubt the pocket watches, for example, would not have been left in the one place, but who could easily gather together such a collection and take them up there?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine
there was no broken windows because of its location , hard to reach, its kids or teens that like to smash windows
the only people that would venture up there would be ramblers not vandals .

i don't know why people would think that its fake because this is not the first time a property has been discovered locked in the past and abandoned , there was one not long ago in Accrington lancashire but this time it was a shop close to the town centre .

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Hi

No its not fake.
This has been documented a few weeks or more ago on derelict places.co.uk
If interested their is plenty more of these houses on the site.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

If the content has been re-arranged, for photography purposes, that doesn't stop it from being genuine content.

I know it's just personal taste, but i disagree. i rather see pictures that might not look esthetically as pleasing but do represent reality for what it is, i rather see an honest representation than i stylistic one, especially if we are talking about a building or something like that, but again, just my personal preference.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
overall it looks really cool, but i don't know man it looks fake, as in staged, everything seems to have been set up for best visual impact, the one with the glasses especially.
Still, beautiful photography though!

If the house had really been abandoned, everything would have been covered in cobwebs, soot, dust and mold. It's remarkable that there's none of these, and that the items fill the picture in perfectly.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

you are so wrong about the transistor radio because my sister and i got one each for christmas in 1953 they were produced at Mullards Blackburn lancashire i believe the company changed to Philips later or the other way round , not sure , it was a dutch company .

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
''A dark wooden chest home to a collection of pocket watches'' i.e. they were in the chest and taken out and placed like that for the photo. That's why there is no dust on them. They were in the chest

Besides, with a complete lack of any human or animal presence very little dust will collect, due to dust being largely being made up of skin particles.

Of course it isn't fake or staged. Most of these items, like the radios were arranged in these ways for photography purposes.

Honestly, some folk think everything's fake. Especially annoying is the 'looks CGI to me' crowd, who say that as their default opinion on each and every video they ever see.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join