It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentifed flying object recorded in Lima

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: miragezero

some people would release a large balloon just for a gag and such.

Or publicity.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
In my opinion this supposed ufo is similar to a previous false ufo sighting over Netherlands: a kite.
The shape seems the same:

A frame from youtube video:
www.rijnmond.nl...

pic 1: farm8.staticflickr.com...

pic 2: farm8.staticflickr.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
On mobile so haven't read every page... Do any videos show it flying away/moving off ? Someone must have filmed it going away. If not it's suss.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Here is peruvian congressman Enzo Reggiardo making a statement regarding
his UFO sighting in Miraflores. Mr. Reggiardo says: "We have been witnesses
of a strange phenomenon that we can't explain, a flying object in the sky in
Miraflores, city of Lima. And we share with all of you this event. "

If we take in consideration this is an actual congressman from the republic
of Peru making a public statement of his own UFO sighting, if all this story
is a hoax think about the consequences. I don't see very often a congressman
of any country coming forward on national television testifying to be a UFO
witness.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Could one of these be what Renzo Reggiardo and his crew filmed ?

Youtube has many paragliding videos from Miraflores Peru , popular with tourists.

edit on 14-2-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
More statements from peruvian congressman Enzo Reggiardo about his UFO sighting
in Miraflores Peru. Mr. Reggiardo says he thinks the UFO was over the sea due to the
distance and position.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex Unless they were so amazingly good that they could hover in place for two hours.. I'd have to say no to that.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It was there for 2 hours and nobody could access a decent zoom lens, including a TV crew?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Shame we don't have more than a few seconds of video from that alleged 2 hours.
According to the post by free_spirit Mr Reggiardo believes the UFO was near the sea which seems to be where the paragliders hang out , coincidence ?

edit on 14-2-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoofinterest
In my opinion this supposed ufo is similar to a previous false ufo sighting over Netherlands: a kite.
The shape seems the same:

Nobody seemed to pay attention that much to ufoofinterest's post, however, I believe that he could be on something interesting here.

Indeed, if we compare the 'UFO' (that was proven to be a kite) filmed in Netherland in 2014 and the Miraflores UFO, the similarity is evident:

Miraflores is a town located not far away from beach, large open space for the practice of kiting. Is the direction of the sighting the beach? Does anybody here have this information?

There's a certain kind of kite that, observed from the side have exactly this same shape, it's the Rokkaku kite:

If we could be able to know both the place where the video was made and the direction the cameraman was filming at, it should be possible for me to determine the height of the UFO/Kite, and if it's compatible with what we know about the lenght of kite's string.
edit on 14-2-2015 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: elevenaugust

Nobody seemed to pay attention that much to ufoofinterest's post, however, I believe that he could be on something interesting here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

oups sorry my friend!! Good call

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: fleabit

Shame we don't have more than a few seconds of video from that alleged 2 hours.
According to the post by free_spirit Mr Reggiardo believes the UFO was near the sea which seems to be where the paragliders hang out , coincidence ?

Your video of the paragliders actually discard the kites/paragliders theory by default
because of the movements that don`t match the images of the UFO footage, there is
a big difference that even a child could see. Therefore the kite or paragliders if you
will is not a theory but a weak suggestion in the hope to explain this sighting.

On the other hand elevenaugust mentioned this: "Indeed, if we compare the 'UFO'
(that was proven to be a kite) filmed in Netherland in 2014"
This is a false statement and also dissinformation. Proven by whom, where and with
wich evidence? As I understand the Netherlands 2014 UFO case has not been proven
a kite nor even a hoax here in ATS. The original thread is still active and not in the
Hoax Section as you can check here:

I don`t think it`s fair to deceive people with false information without evidence
just to debunk a case under discussion. There are people in Lima Peru investigating
this sighting but still remains unexplained.
edit on 14-2-2015 by free_spirit because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2015 by free_spirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: free_spirit

In regards to the UFO subject, many skeptical-minded individuals behave very similarly to true alien "believers", in that they are willing to jump to unsupported conclusions, seemingly based on a need to reaffirm or justify their own opinions/agendas. There are a lot of people like that here on ATS, from both ends of the spectrum.

I doubt what we're seeing here is a paraglider or kite. If it is a paraglider or kite, some sort of video manipulation must have been employed to make the object appear stable in it's position in the air. I would assume drone before paraglider or kite, but considering I've never personally witnessed military or consumer-grade drones maintaining position, hovering in the air like the object in the OP video, I personally find it hard to settle on that conclusion. Cgi seems easier.

What I find most interesting about this case are the witnesses. Clearly, there were a good few individuals present in the film footage provided in the OP. The witnesses, I think, set this case apart from your traditional UFO footage, where you typically have a solo individual filming an obscured light in the sky. The witnesses apparently saw something.

Then again, it could be some elaborately constructed hoax, with multiple individuals (the witnesses, camera men, producers, news anchors, etc) coming to an agreement beforehand to orchestrate, then later support the hoax.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: free_spirit

On the other hand elevenaugust mentioned this: "Indeed, if we compare the 'UFO'
(that was proven to be a kite) filmed in Netherland in 2014"
This is a false statement and also dissinformation. Proven by whom, where and with
wich evidence? As I understand the Netherlands 2014 UFO case has not been proven
a kite nor even a hoax here in ATS. The original thread is still active and not in the
Hoax Section as you can check here:

If you read French and Dutch, here's the French kite forum where Hansel (from Rotterdam) spoke about its Rokkaku kite filmed as a UFO.

There are also Dutch references, such as:
- NL RTM

Translation for you:

Last Friday a resident of Maassluis spotted an Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) above the port of Rotterdam. The object was visible in the sky for fifteen minutes Botlek and then suddenly disappeared in the clouds (source: RTV Rijnmond). NLRTM went to investigate on Twitter and soon came to the conclusion that it was not a UFO, but the kiter Fotovlieger (aka Hans Elbers), world famous in Rotterdam and surroundings. Photo Kite had pictures to make the Thialf. What seem small containers on deck. A good example of perspective, we at NLRTM.

Here's one of the photos taken by the Kite during its fly over Rotterdam's port, extracted from Hans' Flickr gallery:

The crane can be also seen to the left on the 'UFO' video:

... and Hans with THE blue kite:

Source

Hans Facebook page

Other sources:
- Hans Elbers' Flickr Gallery
- Twitter:

- Metabunk with this capture particularly:

Also, not a hoax at all, rather a misidentification.

Not a kite? Hmmm

Maybe I should copy/paste all the above in the "UFO over Netherland" thread as well.
edit on 15-2-2015 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: elevenaugust

With all due respect elevenaugust this Hans Elbers test or experiment or whatever you
may call it is not a match to the Netherlands UFO and I repeat again BECAUSE of the
movements, the kite is erratic all the time moving to one side to another like a kite
reacts to the wind and the Netherlands UFO is almost static, see the zooming made
by the witness with all the references and the UFO is static very similar to the one
from Miraflores Peru. This is my opinion and I'm still think the answer has not been
found yet with this case.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

There seem to be many photos and videos and I expect more of them to surface.

Indeed:
- video 1
- video 2 although I can't really spot anything...
- 5 videos : 1 or 2 of the videos have already been posted in this thread, don't know whether the other three are different or not

Regards!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
More information on this case, a good investigation with interviews to the producer
of the tv show Alto Al Crimen and also UFO witness Mr. Eduardo Chavez Guerra, the
congressman Enzo Reggiardo UFO witness, journalist and tv director Valia Barak UFO
witness, Illary Donaire tv producer and UFO witness, Alejandro Alcocer post-producer
and video analyst for Video Futura tv station in Peru. All of them testify this was a
real UFO sighting in their opinion.

The tv station decided to make an experiment traying to recreate the sighting by
using a drone flying over the same buildings to see if there could be a match but
the drone did not make a match, it was so difficult to distinguish at the same
distance that the experiment failed and the drone hypothesis was discarded.

This case is still considered a UFO sighting, an unexplained event that remains
under investigation. Here is the complete report of the Miraflores Peru case with
the people involved.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The only thing it could be beside a lenticular kite
because of the way it looks and behaves it looks
much more like one of those things is a um,...
what do you call them ? uh...oh yeah an UFO.
So either its a boring ,you should be ashamed for flying one kite,
or genuine UFO. Actually both at this point are technically unidentified.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

SIGHTING AMAZING UFO FILMED FROM OFFICE Miraflores, Lima

Filmed through glass , it could be something on the glass.
[/quote

Was that yohr best possible way to debunk this sighting? Lol that was absolutely horrible sir

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join