It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA releases stunning five year time lapse of the Sun.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

NASA released a spectacular five-year time lapse of the sun on Wednesday to celebrate the fifth anniversary of the launch of the Solar Dynamics Observatory.

For this footage, the team captured one frame of the sun every eight hours from June 2010 to Feb. 8, 2015.

NASA releases stunning five year time lapse of the Sun.

As the title says, the video is absolutely amazing and the music that goes with it gave me goosebumps.

Getting a glimpse of that huge ball of fire in the sky, that nurtures us and gives us life, filled me with an undescribable sense of peace.

By all means, do watch the video in the link or in youtube, as I'm sure it will have the same mesmerizing effect with you as it had on me.

I tried to embed it but for some reason the code is not working.

Peace!!
edit on 11-2-2015 by RadioKnecht because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: Added video

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Our only and true God, the Sun. Without it the Earth becomes a barren frozen planet void of any life floating aimlessly in the vast depth of a pitch dark universe.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Our only and true God, the Sun. Without it the Earth becomes a barren frozen planet void of any life floating aimlessly in the vast depth of a pitch dark universe.

Not before it expands and cooks all life on this planet to a crisp.
If we are to survive in the long term as a race, we will eventually have to find another planet.
Now is the time to get cracking on that one.
We don't want to cram for that exam.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

That won't happen for billions of years.

Considering we've existed as a species for about 100,000 years, and in this small time frame we've managed to put a huge camera in space to take the amazing video we just saw (and almost annihilating ourselves in the process), I think for the time being, we can sit and relax.

Barring an asteroid shower, or a nuclear apocalypse, we got all the time in the world.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Why do they change the way it is being observed?...

NASA...when you think they will provide data that can be assimilated by joe blow think again...

NASA is such a disappointment...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Man those magnetic field lines are getting to be a tangled mess. One of these days it's gonna snap back and be a nice quiet sun again...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: muse7

Not before it expands and cooks all life on this planet to a crisp.
If we are to survive in the long term as a race, we will eventually have to find another planet.
Now is the time to get cracking on that one.
We don't want to cram for that exam.

I really did laugh at loud! Very clever, I can really appreciate good Snark at times.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid
Why do they change the way it is being observed?...

NASA...when you think they will provide data that can be assimilated by joe blow think again...

NASA is such a disappointment...

There are cameras for different wavelengths of light, and you can get all of the images from all of the wavelengths from all of NASA's solar observatories. So what are you complaining about?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This "almost" makes up for fiddling with the thermometer to $u¢k up more $$$...

"almost"...

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Look -- it's Nibiru!
At the :32 mark!

JUST KIDDING, FOLKS. I know that isn't Nibiru (or a giant spaceship, or whatever), but rather it is only the Moon getting between the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) spacecraft and the Sun, which happens occasionally. The SDO is in orbit around Earth, so the Moon sometimes "transits" in front of the Sun from the viewpoint of the SDO.

I figured I bring this up before someone else claims OMG! Rouge Planet!!.

edit on 2/12/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Sorry but, what are you talking about??

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
Look -- it's Nibiru!
At the :32 mark!

JUST KIDDING, FOLKS. I know that isn't Nibiru (or a giant spaceship, or whatever), but rather it is only the Moon getting between the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) spacecraft and the Sun, which happens occasionally. The SDO is in orbit around Earth, so the Moon sometimes "transits" in front of the Sun from the viewpoint of the SDO.

I figured I bring this up before someone else claims OMG! Rouge Planet!!.

I still can't get over the fact that after I correctly predicted the appearance of a double solar eclipse caused by prograde/retrograde motion of the moon relative to SDO I ended up getting more down thumbs than up thumbs on youtube.
www.youtube.com...
I know the truth is not subject to a popularity vote, and I did a good job predicting the event months before it happened, but it just gets me that a majority of people will still believe it's "Nibiru" before accepting the truth even when the event is predicted by an independent observer beforehand! It just makes me weary when I get comments like this:

Zero1RLV4
2 years ago

yes they covered up a binary orbit perfectly. how cute. check out the truth, and # these paid nwo disinformers/misinformers.

It's times like that where I wish they actually did cover up the images to anyone who can't pass a basic science test.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

That's an interesting theory you put right there on your video. I guess it is always easier to accept the wackier theories than to take the time to understand the complicated science behind the movement of celestial objects.

I myself have been guilty of this at times.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioKnecht

To wit: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioKnecht

That's an interesting theory you put right there on your video.

Not a theory, it was a prediction I made in December 2010 and it came true in March 2011. See this is part of the problem, people mistake accurate (and relatively simple) predictions based on well established celestial mechanics with mere "theory" and give it equal weight at best to completely false hypotheses such as "binary black suns swinging through the solar system." I can reproduce this apparent motion of the moon as seen from SDO with nothing more than mathematics and the orbital elements if necessary, but people who don't understand math or science do not care.

I guess it is always easier to accept the wackier theories than to take the time to understand the complicated science behind the movement of celestial objects.

I myself have been guilty of this at times.

Peace.

I don't understand that mindset at all. Why should it be easier to accept "wackier theories" when it is demonstrably normal using actual science? I would feel foolish if I jumped to the "wackier theories" because I couldn't understand the science.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I don't understand that mindset at all. Why should it be easier to accept "wackier theories" when it is demonstrably normal using actual science? I would feel foolish if I jumped to the "wackier theories" because I couldn't understand the science.

Because "hard" sciences as they stand (math, physics, astronomy, etc.) have achieved such a level of complexity, that the average layman -such as myself- not familiarized with the technical language, has a really hard time coming to grips and understanding the process and science behind discoveries.

I do not know for sure what your field of expertise is, I guess physics or astronomy or semothing akin. Assuming this, then you must manage to understand (i.e. "speak" ) with varying degrees of ease the language germane to your field.

Imagine now, that someone presents to you the molecular and biochemical reactions behind the production of peniciline. If you have no strong background on chemistry, what is being presented to you will be quite difficult to understand (if not undecipherable). It is, indeed, a language foreign to the one you "speak" and understand (i.e. math, physics, etc.). In this case, you will have to take a leap of faith and believe in the person who is explaining to you the chemical process.

That is to say, you have three options:

a) You take that leap of faith and "believe" that the man developing complex formulas in a blackboard in front of your eyes, is indeed a scientist and he's explaining to you how to make penicilin;
b) You take enough time to research and understand chemistry well enough to determine if the man in front is a scientist or a charlatan; or
c) You decide not to take the leap of faith, not to research and understand chemistry, and decide that everything is bogus and penicilin is sorcery.

This process is what happens with the average layman, when presented with formulas and theories which he has no capacity to understand. In this case, most people take option a): I do not understand a single formula the scientists at CERN discuss or research, but I believe in their capacity and that they are indeed looking for black matter (whatever that really is).

In the case of your video, some people are deciding not to believe that you are a scientist and that the language that you speak is true; are also not willing to take the time and effort to research and understand your formulas, so it is easier for them to discard everything and just say "duuuuude! That's Nibiruuuu!"

edit on 12-2-2015 by RadioKnecht because: spelling and clarity

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Watching that video really gives you the sense of the suns mass and density. I felt it in my bowels like an elevator ride too fast. I'm guessing that the changes in the colors and glows are the sun under different views of the light spectrum.

In the vacuum of space does the sun make audible noise?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioKnecht

Because "hard" sciences as they stand (math, physics, astronomy, etc.) have achieved such a level of complexity, that the average layman -such as myself- not familiarized with the technical language, has a really hard time coming to grips and understanding the process and science behind discoveries.

That doesn't mean you should automatically turn to wacko theories just because you have trouble understanding the science. It should make you stop and question yourself instead, maybe even coming to the conclusion that you just don't know enough about the subject to understand it and be comfortable with that. I guess some people find it too uncomfortable, or maybe the Dunning-Kruger effect keeps them from realizing it.

I do not know for sure what your field of expertise is, I guess physics or astronomy or semothing akin.

Nope. Not professionally anyway. I'm mostly self-taught when it comes to astronomy.

Imagine now, that someone presents to you the molecular and biochemical reactions behind the production of peniciline. If you have no strong background on chemistry, what is being presented to you will be quite difficult to understand (if not undecipherable).

That doesn't mean I turn to the quack next door who says peniciline is a conspiracy and doesn't really exist simply because I can't comprehend the chemistry involved in its synthesis or mechanism of action. Being wise sometimes requires you to realize that there are people far more knowledgeable about a subject than you and just because you don't understand it does not mean they do not or that you should feel free to give equal or greater weight to wacko theories instead.

It is, indeed, a language foreign to the one you "speak" and understand (i.e. math, physics, etc.). In this case, you will have to take a leap of faith and believe in the person who is explaining to you the chemical process.

What's more likely, that the guy who studied through college and medical school or graduate school, earned his PhD or MD, is lying to you or wrong about basic chemistry, or that the wacko with a website filled with pretty colors and slick youtube videos is the one who is wrong? Perhaps for some paranoid minds who think doctors are all out to get them it is easy to dismiss what every single expert in chemistry and biochemistry says, but I do not think that is a healthy way of thinking or living. If you really are that paranoid you should going for your option B) at best, and put in the time and effort to understand the science before deciding if it's false or not.

In the case of your video, some people

A majority, apparently.

are deciding not to believe that you are a scientist and that the language that you speak is true; are also not willing to take the time and effort to research and understand your formulas, so it is easier for them to discard everything and just say "duuuuude! That's Nibiruuuu!"

Well that is just sad and indicates a very incorrect and unhealthy thought process of most people. I think it speaks ill of humanity's future.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter

Well that is just sad and indicates a very incorrect and unhealthy thought process of most people. I think it speaks ill of humanity's future.

I don't know if it is an unhealthy thought process. Who am I to judge?

I rather think that most of us humans are lazy and don't want to take the effort of learning and thinking.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Just ignore the idiots on YT. The only thing the comments on there are good for is a cheap laugh.

Sometimes I read through some of the attempts at a coherent thought on youtube and come away wondering how we have made it this far as a species.

I am not into eugenics but my God people there could change my mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join