It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing memory?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hi ATS. I need your help here as I seem to be missing a memory that occurred over the past 10 years and it has me bothered over it.
11 years ago my husband and I built our first house from the ground up, so in my mind all house related events are significant to me. Normally I have a remarkable memory, and have always been commended for my recollection of details.
Anyways, friends of ours were reminiscing of when we first moved into our new house and commented on how they remembered us painting our white kitchen with a red stripe. I passed it off as nonsense, but later I asked my husband and he seemed shocked that I didn't remember this. I apparently helped paint this stripe, and while he said that we didn't like it so it was removed after a short while, why can't I remember this? I can recall all other times we painted anything in our house except this one event. The red paint can is also in our basement, yet it brings up no memory....almost as if I've never seen it before.

A missing memory of what I consider significance has happened once to me before in the past (couldn't recall my apparent lab partner from university, yet they knew everything about me-I shook it off to either an admirerer or too many parties as the lab partner I remembered was someone else).

My concern is whether this could this be an early onset to Alzheimer's, or going down the conspiracy route, timeline changes or erased memories?

Any suggestions ATS?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ScubaGirl

Do you drink alcohol regularly?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I'm 56 and my memory isn't like it used to be a few years ago. I remember when I turned 50 and a female worker told me, get used to writing yourself notes, welcome to club 50.
I shrugged it off as nonsense until I hit 54. It could just be age related. I wouldn't worry about it. I remember things my wife doesn't remember and she's younger than me!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I don't drink alcohol that often, even in my younger years. I am also 39 so this event would have taken place when I was 29-31 if I base my math in the first few years in the house.

The part I forgot to mention, was that when I try to recall this red stripe, it seems almost like trying to remember a dream....foggy and made up feeling.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Is this your first "senior moment?"

The first step is a doozy!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Dementia would usually have other symptoms that would impair your ability to do things.

What you have sounds more like "Lacunar Amnesia", which is forgetting one particular thing or event while retaining everything else.

I would go to a doctor though because causes of amnesia(beside heavy drinking) can include things like a stroke.

I think I'd want an MRI just to make sure I don't have any blood clots in the head or anything. That's just me.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I can only relate by asking if you were quite busy and/or involved in a variety of different things at home, work, going out, tv, movies, parties...and things like that?

(Please no party-drugs-hippie jokes regarding the early years)....but I was rock and roll touring from the late 1960's throughout the 70's, and 80's around the world a couple times. Every once in awhile, I run into someone who acts like we are long lost friends or aquaintances-even briefly....and I just will not remember them or the events they do.

Ive always attributed that to so many diverse events in as many diverse places and situations...accumulatively, I just dont/can't/won't remember everything. Quite normal.

How about yourself? Possible?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I do suffer from violent cluster migraines so I wonder if this may have affected this (or other) memories?

I will definitely make sure there are no tumours, blood clots,mor signs of a stroke asap. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
This is possible. I am always busy and on the go with multiple responsibilities. Maybe this was simply a memory that my brain decided was useless and got rid of to save space? Lol

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Something like that...Ive got people, places, things, events etc...and songs, chords, lyrics, composers and tons of music in my head...its really no wonder why we may just not remember every single thing in our lives in accurate and vivid detail...

Or...at all! ;

PS And a couple of marriages, careers and the like as well....(sigh...NOW my head is hurting!)
edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It never hurts to have something checked out medically, but I wouldn't totally rule out there being something 'paranormal' about it...

...There have been several threads on ATS where people are absolutely certain that some sort of time 'anomaly' was responsible for missing or 'changed' memories.

Given your youth at the time and that it's only been 11 years as well as the 'scope' of this memory...I mean, you actually (supposedly) helped paint this red stripe, then would have spent some time seeing it every day, then would have had discussions with your husband about not liking it and whether you should paint over it, then getting it painted over -

- well, that is not just 'one event' easily forgotten in the midst of a busy life...

On the other hand, memory can be a funny thing, so it might be interesting to just keep 'digging' and see if it comes back.

You might try seeing if you have any photos of the kitchen from that time period and maybe ask your husband to give you examples of things that were going on in your lives then (esp. things that would have happened in the kitchen). If he hits on something you do remember that links to the kitchen when it had the red stripe, that might jog your memory of it...

As far as a possible time 'blip', you could see if you have memories from that time period that your husband and friends don't remember...

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Missing memory usually means abduction experimentation

Now a days not only do ET do it, but also US government black ops

You can recover memories with meditation where you focus on telling your own mind that in the morning you will recall what you need

It doesn't work on the first try but it works

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I know people who completely treated their migraines with digestive enzymes while eating food,kid you not. but they need to be good ones and NOT drugs, but enzymes, learn the difference

I hope you are not Neocon Zionist in ideology, I hate giving them medical solutions

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

I've looked for photos of this supposed red stripe, but there are none to be found. It is weird since we have a million photos of every other aspect of the house.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: PizzaAnyday505

No worries! I try to stay away from big pharma solutions as much as possible. Natural remedies would be my preference but so far nothing has helped these headaches.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

That is weird not to have photos of it, because you had just moved into the house - it seems like you would have taken pictures if you decided to paint a red stripe in the kitchen...

It might help if instead of trying to remember the stripe, you try for memories of things that would have happened in the kitchen during that time period (a burnt dinner? fight with hubby? a particular family occasion?)...

If you can remember one 'moment' that would have happened in the kitchen at that time, and really picture yourself 'in' the memory, it might jog the memory of the red stripe.

top topics

join