It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus on the cross is a graven image and idolatry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Check my edit. I didn't feel it was right to leave you hanging like that.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

To elaborate, I was born and thus created, but I also create the world around me through observation.

This doesn't really answer the question. Were you created or did you create all things? you cannot logically be the creator of all things and have been created yourself.

By an image created in my mind. My brain creates what I see and puts it in the form of an image.

Its not just sight. Its the sounds. Touch. Smell. Taste. All the senses are merely sensations experienced by your mind. That doesn't mean you are the creator of the cause of sensation.

The double-slit experiment pretty much proves we create the world through the act of observation.

I'd say thats merely your interpretation of the wave function collapse. I believe the fact that the wave function is reduced to a single eigenstate upon observation shows that the universe was created for observers, not that I created everything. Its quite a magical way to make a world imo.

Without an observer (you) nothing is created that has been created. That's a reference to a certain passage in the bible by the way.

Oh please do quote the reference point......I think its extremely silly for you to believe that before you were born nothing was.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

It's a reference to John 1:3.

I didn't say that nothing was before I was born, I'm saying that what I see right now is created in my mind. Without an observer there is nothing. An observer has always been present in one form or another and that observer is me (and you). Without the act of observation nothing is made that has been made.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
originally posted by: Punisher75
a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

Punisher75: Okay I think I understand what you are trying to say.

This is a good thing; as you are open minded to certain truths others are not willing to acknowledge/entertain.

Punisher75: If I do understand correctly I would love to see where you get that understanding from

There is no 'where' there is just a realization of certain undeniable truths. Those realizations are completely scripted to the revelations revealed/ individualized to your souls progress/understanding of (without hurting your psyche).

Punisher75: as it concerns these people because from what I have seen the idea that is perpetuated by the Ancient Aliens folk has been debunked three ways from Sunday using the actual texts in their actual languages of the mythologies of the people in question.

Debunkers have a specific agenda; they are in uncertainty; they fear the unknown and want to keep you in the same darkness; why? because they suspect something ELSE is in CONTROL (in the fearing of 'the no thing' unidentified having no clue as to what it is) do not trust you to gain ground on any truths; once done what you will do with the knowledge. They would rather shut your (as a unique individual) thinking process down before you have any chance to contemplate God given innate free will alternatives.

edit on 11-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Jesus is called the image of God. What do Christians think of when they think of the image of God? Jesus hanging on the cross dying for their sins. This is an image of death and sacrifice, something Jesus said he had no desire for.

I think that's a Catholic thing, Protestant churches generally just have a cross because Jesus isn't still hanging on that tree, He is risen.

Catholics wear a crucifix because (superstitiously) they feel they are protected (god/jesus/same entity). Much like a protestant would wear a St. CHRIST-IF-OR medal. I imagine the Hindu's and Buddhists burn the corpses as they already know the soul rises to another higher kingdom after physical death.

Whatever the reason, I have no idea. It's seems to prevail in Catholic churches. I've never seen a crucifix in any church I have ever attended in my life, but I'm not Catholic either.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I don't know of any Protestants in my 40 years of life who wear a saint medallions, much less for good luck. Must be a regional thing or something

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being

Continue reading John 1 and you'll see the word is Christ. You are not Christ friend. You have fallen for the one of satan's lies, "you can be like God...."

I didn't say that nothing was before I was born, I'm saying that what I see right now is created in my mind.

You said exactly that....."Without an observer (you) nothing is created that has been created."

An observer has always been present in one form or another and that observer is me (and you).

I would partially agree, but it was not you and me.

1 Cor 15
46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual. 47 The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven

You've fallen prey to these new age type ideas ..I hate to break it to you, but you are not God(Christ)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
originally posted by: veteranhumanbeing

Jesus is called the image of God. What do Christians think of when they think of the image of God? Jesus hanging on the cross dying for their sins. This is an image of death and sacrifice, something Jesus said he had no desire for.

NOTurTypical: I think that's a Catholic thing, Protestant churches generally just have a cross because Jesus isn't still hanging on that tree, He is risen.

VHB: Catholics wear a crucifix because (superstitiously) they feel they are protected (god/jesus/same entity). Much like a protestant would wear a St. CHRIST-IF-OR medal. I imagine the Hindu's and Buddhists burn the corpses as they already know the soul rises to another higher kingdom after physical death.

NOTurTypical: Whatever the reason, I have no idea. It's seems to prevail in Catholic churches. I've never seen a crucifix in any church I have ever attended in my life, but I'm not Catholic either.

My response was predicated after asking a "Catholic" the reason for rosary/idolatry of the crucifix; and I had already written the word 'superstitiously'' and was told 30 seconds later while this person was walking away from me "IT IS 'ABSOLUTELY' not based in superstition". Really? Of course its based in the belief of a protection from potential evil. Why do Catholics 'cross themselves' (forehead down to heart-left shoulder-right shoulder then a return to the mouth).
edit on 11-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Jesus was nailed to a stake or upright pole. Just like the snake in the wilderness that the Israelite had to look to to get healed when they were complaining and God sent the poisonous serpents. The serpent on the poll represented symbolically the death of Jesus on a torture stake. The word that is today translated cross from Greek originally meant stake or upright pole.

Jesus was nailed to a stake, not a cross. The Romans did not use two pieces of wood, which would have been wasteful on the criminals anyway. Also it was called a torture stake for a reason. It was one of the most painful ways a human could die. His full weight either being rested on the hands that were nailed (probably at the wrists, together) into the pole, or the feet. A person could live for hours in this torturous stake, constantly having to shift his weight.

The cross is a pagan symbol, and many demons today still use variations of the cross to represent themselves.

In the Bible the Babylonian God Tammuz was worshiped with the symbol of the cross, or Tau.

This is what Jehovah the true God thought of people that introduced cross worship into his holy temple:

(Ezekiel 8:13, 14) . . .And he went on to say to me: “You will see detestable things that are even more terrible that they are doing.” 14 So he brought me to the entrance of the north gate of the house of Jehovah, and there I saw women sitting and weeping over the god Tam′muz.

They were weeping over the cross (the symbol of their god Tammuz, because, according to tradition, he was sawn asunder. The very same story that is told of Osiris, an Egyptian God.

I made a little video that explains some of this pagan garbage that apostate Christians introduced into the early Christian congregation at the behest of Satan, corrupting it. All of Christendom today is apostate and full of pagan demonic idolatry.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
What about a cross without Jesus on it? Basically as a sign of respect, not Idol worship? Any thoughts there?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
What about a cross without Jesus on it? Basically as a sign of respect, not Idol worship? Any thoughts there?

How many people who lost loved ones in the Columbine shootings go around wearing symbols of the weapons that killed their loved ones.

Or how many people who lost loved ones in the 9/11 attacks go around wearing airplanes as the symbol of their murder?

The idea to wear a symbol that was the object of the murder of someone you care about is ludicrous and disgusting, in my eyes.

In any event he died on an upright pole.

The cross comes from pagan origins. Why not wear an upright pole, or stake, in that case?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Protestants do this; for the reason you expressed.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Here's that video, I decided to upload it to YouTube to share it:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

Thanks for reply and that makes sense, however here's my xp.......I live in a home where several occultic objects and symbols exist, I've seen and felt what these things can manifest. Any symbol of Christ seems to drive them away. I have an old bible, a homemade cross created from horseshoes, and a rubber J3:16 bracelet I carry around in my pocket, (Along with pocket stones) I'm not celebrating his death, simply showing the darker forces who I side with.

Either it's our minds are that powerful and we can manifest whatever it is we truly believe, or they flee once his presence is known.

Where do we draw the line between idol worship and simply respecting the one which we have faith in?

edit on 11-2-2015 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Protestants do this; for the reason you expressed.

Well, apparently I have Protestant tendencies. I'm such a religious mutt it's insane.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

There have been plenty of examples of people being haunted by demons and the demons scoff at the cross. It is not a talesmen against evil spirits.

If they pretend they are scared of it, it is to keep to keep the blind blinded.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

I don't know dude, your avatar looks like how I picture an Antichrist and your message bounces off of my heart so I shan't entertain your beliefs lest they lead me astray.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have heard the cross was a stake thing in the past I think it was the Jehovah Witnesses thing.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK first time I was told I look like the anti-christ.

Guess that reveals something about you. I don't feel offended though. Just amused at your befuddlement when truth is revealed to you.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: iNobody
a reply to: GoShredAK first time I was told I look like the anti-christ.

Guess that reveals something about you. I don't feel offended though. Just amused at your befuddlement when truth is revealed to you.

I do apologize. Only as this one singular individual views thee in his imagination, an individual who is simply a subject of your amusement, so why would you take offense?

Your research has lead you to the truth?

I didn't realize I was being hit with absolute truth......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join