It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Episode: Trans-Pacific Partnership - post your own research & observations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hello NLBS Fans and Haters...

We've finally grappled with the huge issues surrounding the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), which has consistently been on of the top requests for show topics we've been getting.

What we're finding doesn't look encouraging, in fact, it's top-tier NLBS. As we close out our own research, we thought it might be a good idea to see what ATS members have learned about this as well. Post your research and findings here, and if we use it, we'll certainly give you credit.

We're looking for the more esoteric under-reported aspects of the TPP, as we have pretty much all the top-line aspects that would make your stomach churn.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This will be an epic topic for sure.

Be assured we will get hundreds of opinions with loads of speculation.

About the only things we really know is from the Government.

Here's their website with lots of "known" info.

Make sure you browse through the links provided.....

Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) .gov

Pick it clean !!!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The only thing I like about that site is the interactive map. You can see how each state "allegedly" prospers from free trade agreements.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

My antennas are up with this statement...

Through our trade policy, we are focused on expanding opportunities to export more Made-in-America products, support jobs at home, and create economic growth by opening overseas markets and leveling the playing field for American workers and businesses. As we work to open markets to support more American jobs, an important part of that work is keeping the public, Congress, and a diverse array of stakeholders engaged and informed. We believe that public participation, Congressional input, and an open national debate enhance trade policy.

The Obama Administration has taken unprecedented steps to increase transparency and diversify the voices involved in America’s trade policy. Those steps have resulted in more public dialogue and outreach on trade agreements like the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (T-TIP) than on any other free trade agreements in history. To date, those steps have included: .........

Transparency and the Obama Trade Agenda

I'll comment later after more members post.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

We believe that public participation, Congressional input, and an open national debate enhance trade policy.

edit on 9-2-2015 by theNLBS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I've found a lot of useful information at public citizen.

Source

Although it is called a "free trade" agreement, the TPP is not mainly about trade. Of TPP's 29 draft chapters, only five deal with traditional trade issues. One chapter would provide incentives to offshore jobs to low-wage countries. Many would impose limits on government policies that we rely on in our daily lives for safe food, a clean environment, and more. Our domestic federal, state and local policies would be required to comply with TPP rules

Recent article.

Source

Four Pinocchios.  That’s the rating, reserved only for the biggest whoppers, that The Washington Post has given to the Obama administration’s most recent assertion of truthiness about the controversial Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) - that the deal could boost income and “support 650,000 new jobs” in the U.S

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Nice! This was a good one too NAFTA’s 20-Year Legacy and the Fate of the Trans-Pacific Partnership

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I've got to be honest with you Joe, i dont totally agree with everything you say but thats normal, we all have our own perspective.

At least your willing to look at what the community is looking for and trying new things.

Thats how business's evolve and grow. Remember a business is a living thing that needs growth and should be played with and have its potential explored.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Are you going to include TTIP aswell or is this about TPP only?

Because many elements of TPP are likely to recur in the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

We believe that public participation, Congressional input, and an open national debate enhance trade policy.

And yet there's all kinds of secrecy so far !!!
edit on Feb-09-2015 by xuenchen because:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
When was the last time the US signed a trade treaty that delivered on any promise of benefit to the United States?

At what point do we stop accepting the globally-minded government's lies and stop believing "this time will be different?"

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't construction of the Nicaragua Canal a part of this?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
When was the last time the US signed a trade treaty that delivered on any promise of benefit to the United States?

That would have been NAFTA and the non-public promises made to corporations heavy into manufacturing and pharmaceuticals.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

good move

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Admittedly I don't know much about TPPso I am sure anything at this point that I could come up with for the show would be redundant.

I am only chiming in to say I like this format where you ask for input before shooting and I hope you continue this for future shows. Asking for community input I think will calm some of the bruised egos. I am looking forward to seeing the next show.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That's what happens when corperations buy out politicians.

It's kinda hard for the average non bribed joe to form his own party and get noticed without the millions of dollars from corperations funding their election campaigns, and the money needed to out bribe senators to join your party is hard to compete when Wall-mart is the main pusher of this bill.

Wall mart and Monsanto happy money give away get what they want TPP extravaganza
edit on pm2u2815Mon, 09 Feb 2015 16:37:05 -0600 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Wow it is quite the issue.

So on wikipidea they are saying that as written COSPLAY could get you arrested in many of the countries in the agreement.

International copyright laws seem to be the big issue here and possibly the last major hurdle in forming a one world gov./economy

Whoever resolves that issue first paves the way for a world that looks as crappy as the USA with respect to coorporations ruling the day.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9-2-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Yeah, I should have been more verbose there. Obviously there is a tightly knitted cadre of American politicians, business investors, and CEOs who have certainly seen all their dreams come true related to NAFTA. As far as the average American goes, however, H. Ross Perot drilled tacks at 300 yards with his sharpshooter predictions of NAFTA.

I guess what I was getting at is that, at some point, NLBS should consider "Because the US government has a failing track record of delivering on promises, ultimately rapes everything wholesome about any public propositions they make, and has done nothing to earn any benefit of the doubt in regards to these issues" as a legitimate, justifiable, Non-BS position for any US taxpayer to take if they so choose. We're in the living embodiment of "to know what's in the bill, we have to pass the bill" with this TPP, mainly because nothing the authors and negotiators say can be believed by many of us. Unfortunately, until the TPP comes to pass, we have no idea how much of the various ideologies attached to it are accurate.

THIS is the natural consequence of having an untrustworthy, bastard government running the stage show in a make believe Republic with a script written by globalist corporate oligarchs who believe they aren't just too big to fail, but also too important to be questioned.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

one world government? That's laughable. No. We are seeing the begining of the corperate wars.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

it is a matter of perspective.

there will be a group in charge of enforcing regulations.

they will likely remain in secret on top and just pass down requirements to the members as needed. it will seem like just a one world economy while the controllers look down.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join