It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hooded Gunmen Fire On Police In Marseille

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This is so sad

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
End result of gun control.

Criminals gunning down police and terrorizing citizens. Criminals will always be able to get guns.

And if the citizen defends him or herself with a gun they are carted off to prison. As it is against the law to have a gun. How stupid does stupid get?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

Criminals gunning down police and terrorizing citizens. Criminals will always be able to get guns.

And if the citizen defends him or herself with a gun they are carted off to prison. As it is against the law to have a gun. How stupid does stupid get?

Too bad the real statistics never get out there. When more lawful citizens have concealed carry permits, violent crime goes down.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

Like most European countries it's not illegal to have a gun in France. Infact it's the norm due to hunting - people don't carry them as they don't need to as, unlike the US, events lie this are so rare.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: ColCurious.
My personal view is not exactly conform with the general attitude.

Same.

I would not mind a relaxation of UK gun laws. Not the free for all guns for everyone way of the USA. But a more sensible approach. I see no reason a person of sound mind with no criminal record should not be free to own a hand gun as long as it is stored correctly..

As it turns out, your "sensible approach" is the reality of gun ownership in the US.

It is not a "free for all for everyone way."

A person purchasing a firearm in the US is required to sign a federal document stating that they are not mentally defective and there is a criminal background check run on every person who purchases from a licensed dealer.

Try not to let the anti-gun propaganda influence your view of gun-ownership in the US.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: ColCurious.
My personal view is not exactly conform with the general attitude.

Same.

I would not mind a relaxation of UK gun laws. Not the free for all guns for everyone way of the USA. But a more sensible approach. I see no reason a person of sound mind with no criminal record should not be free to own a hand gun as long as it is stored correctly..

But for the general public its just not really that much of a important issue as even before the 1997 gun ban and gun culture was just not really a big thing. People are more concerned with other things here and I don't blame them.

I find the situation in the UK with reference to gun laws to be rather sad, especially after reading an article about the horrible lengths the sports shooters have to go through practice to qualify in the Olympics.

I can chalk up the hand gun ban to cultural difference or cultural preference. But I'd always thought of people in UK being quite "sport" and hunting minded. So it would seem logical to me to lighten up a bit on shot-guns and bolt action hunting/sporting type weapons. And what of the British gun manufacturing industry. Used to make quality firearms....do they even exist anymore?

So...what else are people so worried about?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join