It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone Kills ISIS Commander in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Afghanistan's national intelligence agency has indicated that IS commander Mullah Abdul Rauf was killed when a drone-fired missile hit his vehicle. His brother-in-law and 4 Pakistanis also died in the attack in Helmand province.

Police chief Nabi Jan Mullahkhel said Rauf was travelling in a car when the drone attacked, the Reuters news agency said, adding that the other casualties included his brother-in-law and four Pakistanis.

Officials told the AP news agency that the man was actively recruiting fighters for the group.

ISIL, which controls roughly a third of Syria and Iraq, has a small but growing presence in parts of Afghanistan, officials say.

www.aljazeera.com...

While i don't always agree with the use of drones, it is a good thing that Mullah Abdul Rauf was killed before he could establish a large enough presence under IS in Afghanistan...Especially considering he was actively recruiting...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Some other scum bag will just take his place.

USA are just playing a very very expensive game of wack a mole.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yes, you are correct. As they say, you can't kill and ideology...

Still, at least its another terrorist dead and unable to commit future violence...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
a reply to: crazyewok

Yes, you are correct. As they say, you can't kill and ideology...

Still, at least its another terrorist dead and unable to commit future violence...

Yeah I agree. Its probably a good thing he ate a missile.
The civilized world certainly wont miss him.
edit on 9-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

that maybe true, but you can make so that people will maybe decide that it might be better to keep your ideologies to themselves.
or at least let them know if they decide to express them as isis does, it's gonna cost them. maybe after a while when they see that all them martyrs giving their lives didn't change nothing, they'll stop.

doubtful i know, but we can hope.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
$100 says I see this title again in a few months.

edit on 9-2-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

because it's a heroic drone...and we need more heroes like this

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

The thing is hounddog...

These people are not worried of Earthly gains...

It's Spiritual reward they're after...

So when nothing changes, it'll not bother them.

The best way to kill this ideology, aside from blowing up leadership & severely denting future strategies...

Is to educate the people who have been brainwashed into thinking that they're doing the right thing...
Not the Spiritual reward part, but the terrorism part.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It's very hard to deprogram that type of thinking. Plus, who's to say the person doing the reprogramming will be any better?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Well it's my opinion, & I may be wrong, that most of these terrorists are illiterate.

So half the battle is explaining that the person who taught them Quranic verses not only left out major chunks of the scripture, but was also looking out for themselves only.

& given the nature of the Djinn, it wouldn't be hard to convince a terrorist/would be terrorist that their preacher/scholar/mullah/imam/ayatollah is in fact just a Djinn doing exactly what Iblis (The Fallen) said he would do...

Iblis made a decision on the day he refused to acknowledge Humanity as God's finest creation yet...
That decision was that he would convince everybody to do wrong come Judgement Day...
To prove to Allah that Man is completely corruptible & not worth bowing to...

Tell this story of Iblis and the plans of the Djinn who followed him to those contemplating the dark path...

It will go some way to breaking the conditioning imo.
edit on 9-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Actually you can but to do so you have to becoem worse than th e ones you are destroying. OR th e preferred way is from within changing thinking.

I found a few clips on 4 chan. Yes i know. The first one is One that might be made to offend and incite radicals,but i think it should b e posted as a example of how NOT to change a ideaology. Click the audio icon fo r sound

bad example

The next clip is one of mother nature gettin a shot in. Shoes how smart boko haram is.

boko haram owned by nature

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Taxpayer dollars put to good use. The only good terrorist, is a dead terrorist.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Guten Tag- What are US influences doing in Afghanistan? (besides the production of opium going from 7% in 2001 When the Taliban were in charge to 84% of the world's production today...) Oh You meant the "Field Commander" and not the One(s) pulling the string(s)??

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think you have nailed it Charlie....
Most of the Jihadis seem almost ignorant and uneducated.
The only education they get is handed to them by their religious teachers who get a lot of respect and attention.
Further that I think they are mostly dirt poor to start with....
As loot is a major inducement to Jihad they flock to the holy war not only for god, but for the loot that such campaigns allow them.....
To top it all off the standard of living as a jihadi may be considerably higher than as a dirt farmer or goatherd.....
Its never all about religion.....

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Former guantanmo bay detanee tribal leaders with allegience to IS probably don't come around as often as you think. Its not like wack-a-mole out there. If you bothered to read into this story you would find out that infact the majority of the Afghan tribes don't want IS in afghanistan.

originally posted by: crazyewok

Some other scum bag will just take his place.

USA are just playing a very very expensive game of wack a mole.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Great point stirling, financial gain & security slipped my mind to be honest.

That sort of incentive is a global phenomenon in any nefarious endeavour.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Regardless of what commander is killed, you can kiss off Afghanistan to any tribe or group that has enough AK-47s and bullets to take it over. We (US and coalition) won't be back, except perhaps, with long-range hardware.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Well without betting money, have to agree. Sure I've seen this title months ago as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Last week he was arrested by the Taliban...this week he is droned.

Pajhwok

received the message from local Taliban sources. “Mullah Abdul Rauf Khadim has been detained along with 45 associates and their fate will be decided later,” the message says.

new topics

top topics

join