It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British troops sent in to help Jordan fight Islamic State

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

I do believe I was reading that is exactly what is happening in Jordan and with Jordan's sudden involvement due to the beheading of their downed pilot it has worked a treat to get the people to backed the Jordanian government ...before the pilot public agreement was down....after the pilot...public backs Jordanian government overwhelmingly

Off to work when I get back later I will post the article.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Your right there britguy...I will post the article when I get back in from work...it said exactly what you are saying and they have been there training since2007 from what I understand.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
A classic case of Problem-reaction-solution

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
What I've come to realise lately, is that there seems
to be no difference at all between people who go thru
life, oblivious to what is going on in the world. And folks
that steep themselves in all the information they can
find about current events. Those who watch and follow
closely and at least believe they are informed with the
truth of matters like this one here. Have absolutely the
same effect as people who just seem to deny anything
at all is even going on. So what good does it do to
even concern ourselves, when there is no difference
any way?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: crazyewok

One point. "Nation building" sucks. Yet, the failure to succeed at that very undesirable job left an opening for Isis.

Wiping out Isis is all well and good. Just leaving without a permanent occupying force, at the least, almost assures another version takes it's place...

Damned if you do and damned if you don't......

Thats a job for the ME countrys.

Fact is western style of freedom and goverment dont work in the Me.

Better to let a more moderate islamic country do the nation building like jordon or the UAE.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Upto their games again to topple another country... why isnt sryia in the coalition

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yeah argies dont even have a credible airforce.

They are still useing stuff from the 60's.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

“We will shortly be in a position to deploy as many as 2,000 troops mainly in a training capacity,” one said, “though a proportion will be ready for force protection purposes if that decision is taken.”

How does 2000 troops train anything

Isn't that too bulky?

I think "training" is a euphemism for a Praetorian Guard for King Abdullah

Im going to hazard a guess they will be there to stop any backlash from isis.

Jordan is a pretty safe fast developing country and the UK army is there to keep it that way.
edit on 9-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I think ISIS have already caused the rubble part.......

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Argentina has 'leased' soviet bombers……!

Good old Russia trying to be the agent provacteour (or which ever way you spell that word..)

Hope this all blows over as I'm in Argentina in November 2015 and will have to go in-disguise or become an Irish citizen..

PDUK

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: plube

He was burned alive, surely even in the most depraved and Conspiracy minded people you understand we would not burn a man alive to get bloody Jordan riled up!

Oh wait, it's a fake...even in the most depraved and conspiracy minded people who would think you fake burning a man alive to get Jordan involved...

Jordan isn't the key piece of the puzzle.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
One thing the British Government are keen on (or have been in the past) is making ties under the nose of America to strengthen foreign opinion. It has led to trade deals and military contracts in the past (which rarely made the light of day). Could be a case of our government trying to make an impression from below the giant wing the UK can usually be found under.

British ties with Jordan go back tens of years, the old king, his sons, army officers all went and still go to Sandhurst, the Jordanian army was given mark 1 Challenger tanks, ( but not the armour busting ammo) British army trains in Jordan. Both army have very deep ties.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I think ISIS have already caused the rubble part.......

Maybe the wepons drops the US gives ISIS has caused the rubble part or maybe the fact the US are funding them. (remember the isis officer arrested in pakistan.

US wanted Sryia a year ago and with the chemical wepons attack and they want it still. If they really wanted rid of ISIS they would work with Sryian forces. This is an illegal invastion. We have no right to bomb a sovereign nation without just cause there are laws in place to that effect.. Sounds like Iraq and Afganistan all over again...

and peeps are buying it even ats.. hook line and sinker..

purp...:-)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I dont 100% buy the USA connection.

Maybe at the beginning.

But the fact is they are attacking western allies in the ME.

If they were originally CIA attack dogs they have lost control of them. No way the CIA would sanction attacks on Jordan or Iraq.

Either way ISIS need putting down.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Maybe at the beginning.

If they were originally CIA attack dogs they have lost control of them. No way the CIA would sanction attacks on Jordan or Iraq.

I hear what you are saying but you need to reconsider your views on the CIA's moral compass. Or lack of it. I think they have already lost control of them.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Maybe at the beginning.

I hear what you are saying but you need to reconsider your views on the CIA's moral compass. Or lack of it. I think they have already lost control of them.

I have no doubt the CIA have not just got warped moral compass but they threw it out and smashed it up years ago.

They have done some terrible things.

But everything they do bad or evil they do for a reason.

ISIS as they stand now have no reason or benefit.

If they were a CIA creation the CIA lost control of them a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

One thing the British Government are keen on (or have been in the past) is making ties under the nose of America to strengthen foreign opinion. It has led to trade deals and military contracts in the past (which rarely made the light of day). Could be a case of our government trying to make an impression from below the giant wing the UK can usually be found under.

British ties with Jordan go back tens of years, the old king, his sons, army officers all went and still go to Sandhurst, the Jordanian army was given mark 1 Challenger tanks, ( but not the armour busting ammo) British army trains in Jordan. Both army have very deep ties.

King's mother, born Antoinette Avril Gardiner is, English.

Abdullah himself is Commander-in-Chief of the Light Dragoons en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

That's what I'm saying. But once they are big enough and strong enough, you don't have to control them. You can let them lose. The only people you need contact with are the top level commanders.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Why then would Israel Helps ISIS with Airstrikes Against the Syrian Government

scgnews.com...

Your bot supporting the putting down of ISIS you are supporting the putting down of Sryia..

edit on 10-2-2015 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
There you go Charlie, time for the moral majority of Islam to stand up and be counted. What's that? Oh, deafening silence. How predictable.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join