It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public being prepped for news?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Actually...

It seems to me there was a fever pitch a couple years ago and it's largely run it's course. For now it's zombies.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: makaveli3601

People have been saying this for decades, yet here we are with no official "disclosure" to speak of. I think it's only a matter of time until we find signs of exoplanets with life on them, but I'm not so sure we will see the type of disclosure most of the people active in the ufo research community are expecting. Personally, I'd be wary of any such announcement anyways, in the unlikely event it did occur.

Though I agree with you, I'm not so sure it is an argument AGAINST conditioning.

See, it takes decades to condition people...

I don't subscribe to any of this and am just speculating, but just imagine there HAS been contact? There is no way the governments of the West could just go and release this info imo, not 50 years ago at least! So they infused the media with more and more information, and by now, many people have accepted the fact that life most likely IS out there.

Where I think an agenda COULD come into play is how these aliens are usually malevolent, where I would assume that a species that has evolved far enough to travel space, would also be beyond the point of savagery, as a savage civilization will never survive to the point where science could evolve that far.

Unless a brutal race has evolved without competition, but then again, the same could be said about humans, and we have found ourselves to be most excellent competition!

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I think you are right on the money with your analysis.

This makes me think of the movie Jupiter Ascending.

Anyone who has done enough research will notice that the movie parallels to claims made by researchers concerning there being an extraterrestrial reality.

Planet seeding
Numerous worlds inhabited by intelligent life
A former earth like world (Terra, Maldek?)
Reptilian like creatures
The birthplace of humanity not being Earth
Wormhole/Stargate usage
Harvesting of planets
A queen of sorts (the Orion civilization is said to be headed by a queen)

Yeah, I think they are trying to tell us something in a subtle way.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

I think you are right on the money with your analysis.

This makes me think of the movie Jupiter Ascending.

Anyone who has done enough research will notice that the movie parallels to claims made by researchers concerning there being an extraterrestrial reality.

Planet seeding
Numerous worlds inhabited by intelligent life
A former earth like world (Terra, Maldek?)
Reptilian like creatures
The birthplace of humanity not being Earth
Wormhole/Stargate usage
Harvesting of planets
A queen of sorts (the Orion civilization is said to be headed by a queen)

Yeah, I think they are trying to tell us something in a subtle way.

I think they're testing for people's GQ (ie. Gullibility Quotient). Conclusion: It's very high.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

With this movie in particular, there are just too many similarities to ignore.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I read somewhere yesterday that there is a remake of Independence Day in the works.

Let's hope the tone down the over-the-top ethic characters. I love the movie, my all-time fav sci-fi after the original The Day The Earth Stood Still, but I found the character influences they presented to us were an insult.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

With this movie in particular, there are just too many similarities to ignore.

Similarities with what? Nothing you listed is a fact. You listed a number of claims unsupported by testable evidence.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I just listed the similarities that go in tandem with what is widely researched and written about in the ufology field and it's peculiar how all of these distinct and specific claims, while still unsupported, found their way to Hollywood in only one movie.

edit on CSTSun, 08 Feb 2015 19:36:29 -0600uAmerica/ChicagoFebAmerica/Chicago292936pm by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
What gets me is the space brothers attitude....
Whos to say that the whole damn universe isn't one great big jungle out there.....?
Sometimes I think wed be better off staying home...but its too late now.....

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think the original decision to keep information of this sort secret was made collectively back in the 50's. Think about the time period, the mindset of the people, and the traditional values that were held in high esteem. The cohesive force of family and society back then was religion and government. Tell the world that ET's are real and you throw a very real monkey wrench in the stability machine. These people remembered first-hand what happened when The War of the Worlds was broadcast on live radio. And that included the majority of the population who either didn't hear it or knew it was just a radio program. And people were committing suicide...

I wish I could cite proper reference for this but I cant. If anyone knows the reference please post it.

I think it was from a group such as MJ-12 who determined that society was not ready for the idea that intelligent life existed on other planets, let alone had visited Earth and was in contact with the military on a regular basis. The document read something like, "Only after a lengthy period of indoctrination, possibly decades, using the popular media of the time will people be ready to receive such information without the threat of unraveling the fabric of society and falling into a state of civil unrest."

It has been many years since I saw the original text so I may be off a bit, but that was the gist of it. It still makes sense to me and I could see it happening exactly like that. As government has shown us on numerous occasions, they will gladly step up and do the right thing by telling us the truth... just moments before it would become obvious to everyone anyway... They will hide it as long as they can, then when the truth is about to come out with or without their approval, its a race to the microphone to see who can take credit for being honest enough to tell us the truth.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Just more of the same undermining religion and spreading confusion, a normal day these days.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

There can not be ET disclosure because it would show all the nasty things US government does together with aliens

Murder
Experiments
Global domination

And WORSE

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfin4
Just more of the same undermining religion and spreading confusion, a normal day these days.

Religion has historically done a dandy job of undermining itself. Can you explain how that applies to this thread?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: PizzaAnyday505

There can not be ET disclosure because it would show all the nasty things US government does together with aliens

Murder
Experiments
Global domination

And WORSE

Those are powerful claims of fact. Where's the testable evidence that makes them fact and not just silly claims?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

On the TV I see there does seam to be a lot of UFO based programs right now as someone said mostly re-runs. So I hold little hope that disclosure is on the way because of this.

However what I have noticed on factual shows like The Universe the emphasis has changed from “perhaps there are ET’s out there” to we are sure that they are out there somewhere, and here is what they may look like.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I don't think it has anything to do with prepping the masses for alien disclosure so much as it has to do with people's fascination with the science fiction genre, in and of itself.

There are two broad camps of thought, one that identifies the genre's roots in early fantastical works such as the Sumerian Epic of Gilgamesh (earliest Sumerian text versions c. 2150-2000 BCE). A second approach argues that science fiction only became possible sometime between the 17th and early 19th centuries, following the Scientific Revolution and major discoveries in astronomy, physics, and mathematics.

Question of deeper origins aside, science fiction developed and boomed in the 20th century, as the deep integration of science and inventions into daily life encouraged a greater interest in literature that explores the relationship between technology, society, and the individual. In recent decades, the genre has diversified and become firmly established as a major influence on global culture and thought.

The History of Science Fiction

It seems the further our society develops in science and technology, the further people allow their creative imaginations to run wild in the development of science fiction fantastical concepts.

... and personally speaking as a sci-fi addict, I'm loving every minute of it.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

What about all the people that DON'T watch tv or follow media?
How are they being prepped?
Just because the US has increased showing this stuff,
it's still less than 5% percent of the entire world population.
What about the rest of the 95%?
edit on 9-2-2015 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

People have been saying this for decades,

This many UFO/ET shows were never as prominent on mainstream TV as they are now though. A dozen or so channels have their own UFO show of some sort. We all know about the H1 and H2 channels. Then you have Destination America getting in on the UFO/ET action. There are others too.

The point of this thread is the many UFO programs that are on TV these days. What we see now on TV, most certainly was not as abundant "decades ago"

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Well, you're in luck. May 5, 2015, Mexico City. Authenticated color slides taken of the Roswell aliens are to be shown in a media event produced by Jaime Maussan ( ? spelling ? ) Finally, proof at last. ( snicker )

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: makaveli3601
...if the powers that be do indeed control the media as a way to keep the public thinking a certain way it seems odd that there are so many shows about aliens and ufos these days.

I would like to know how the PTB are able to control the media in such a covert way when they are unable to keep any other secret!

The reality is that the UFO industry has been bolstered by governments releasing files on all the sightings, following their declassification. This has happened in the UK and US (I think) and other countries. There's a lot of material out there for programmers to make "dramatic reconstructions" from.

It's cheap telly.

Regards

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join