It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men Were Burned Alive in the Bible Belt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Sure enough, there it was: the charred corpse of a young (left out by me) man, tied to a blistered tree in the heart of the Texas Bible Belt. Next to the burned body, young (left out by me) men can be seen smiling and grinning, seemingly jubilant at their front-row seats in a carnival of death. One of them sent a picture postcard home: “This is the barbeque we had last night. My picture is to the left with a cross over it. Your son, Joe.

I left out the race part..because this is not about race but more about the power of religion.

Certain religions on here love to point out how civilized their religion is compared to Muslims. This was a few decades ago...these were Christian folks at the time...this was a time when this religion still had some power.

I am saying the only reason Christians in America don't go around committing atrocities they would have committed decades ago is because...people of today would not stand for it. If any religion gets power over their people...they would most definitely do these types of things again.

So stop saying your religion is more civilized..it is not...it just has been beaten into submission by people who will not stand by an allow these actions to happen.

Tens of thousands of Muslims flee Christian militias in Central African Republic

I am not a religious guy...and I don't hold judgement on your beliefs...but you are playing dumb if you do not know that if given power again..the religious folk of America would be doing the same damn thing.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I agree, all religions have committed their atrocities, none are better than any other. Today's ISIS was yesterday's Inquisitors. Same kind of stuff different time period and different religions. People tend to ignore their respective religions atrocities in favor of pointing out others atrocities.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a few decades? that was 100 years ago. i agree that were a religion of any particular kind in power, even my own beloved christianity, that it would get out of control, because power corrupts and corruption + religion is really bad. not that power + atheism is any better if you count the last 100 years of atheist revolutions that resulted in the deaths of several hundred million but it wouldn't be as likely to have that added spiritual component which is just too much micro management . wrong color skin, wrong religious book, wrong translation of religious book, wrong clothes, wrong this and that and so on, till it's vomit worthy
edit on 7-2-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

I am not a fan of organized religion by any stretch but, I think it is insulting to suggest that there is any similarity between christianity and mohammedanism.

I imagine that was your goal, to shock the ignorant churchies into realizing how silly they have been holding Islam to account for its crimes and more importantly, criminal design.
edit on 7-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

That's the thing, isn't it. All religions have the potential to be violent, but i don't think there is any 'wider culture' of it, as people so often like to lay on Islam. I'd say the reason why religion can be violent has more to do with specific regions, their cultures and political positions at any given time, rather than that of the actual religion itself. For example, A lot of American Christians are not necessarily violent anymore, yet there are still Christians in Africa which commit heinous crimes. Most Buddhists are not violent, yet regional intolerance of Muslims in some SE-Asian states result in Buddhist terrorism. Similarly, All Muslims aren't extremists, yet some Middle-Eastern states have cultures which promote harsh laws and violence.

Violence and intolerance stemming from these cultures at different times in history simply shouldn't be used to tarnish an entire demographic today. These things have roots deeper than religion, and to forgo research in these other topics is not responsible.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Did they burn him in the name of their religion or because of racism? The two are not always one and the same in the American South.

In the article you linked, it said he was burned for the murder of a white woman. It was likely an assumption based on his race. Let me put it to you this way: Do you believe that officer Wilson was more likely to have had racial motives or religious motives (assuming he was Christian)?

All you have clearly proven to me is that people in this country were still capable of barbaric things when acting out of racial motives 99 years ago in this country. Most of the people who were directly involved in that incident are dead.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
i've been warning muslims, christians and jews to get out of europe for a few months now, as it is my belief that the european royals and their financiers, have a plan to just wipe abrahamic religions off the european continent. THAT is not the kind of government i want. if the options are to be ruled by a power hungry and corrupt religious government, or a power hungry and corrupt atheist government, i will opt out of both, thanks the flip anyway. what is with people wanting to control each other's thoughts and lives to that degree?

get a grip.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

If people listen to this guy, well we are in a whole lotta trouble

And young Christian kids calling for Christian theocracy.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
as far as i know, the only time a theocracy will work is when jesus himself comes back, and since none of them are jesus, i'm thinking no thanks.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Humans and their relationship with the non existent invisible sky being have done nothing but cause havoc since the invention of this myth called god.

Religion and the moronic sadistic prick its based on is a control system and stupid people who literally make crap up about him/her/it are the problem. Burnings and lynchings, whether last week or last century is proof this god does not exist and gullible twits will always be used as fodder to keeps wars going.

Burn them all and let their "god" sort them out with virgins, paradise, hell and whatever other fairy tales satisfy the insecure minds.

The rest of us just want to live in peace, not pieces.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Strewth

whelp there you go ladies and gents. this guy is evidence that some folks just can't handle that other people are not carbon copies of each other. borrrg, borrrg. resistance is futile and all that crap.

thanks for thoroughly depressing me, strewth

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

That makes a great deal of sense.

I think the religion aspect is more the cloak that these violent factions wrap themselves in. Because religion in general is quite open to various interpretations, it's a simple matter to conjure up an interpretation that backs your cause. An "us versus them" mentality is built into all of the religious canons of which I am aware. Just as it is done in today's government, the enemy du jour is the current definition of the religious "them."

Hatred has many sources. It's difficult to define the beginning of any one group's hate for another. And even if the source of that hate is known, it can be concealed so completely in the cloak of religious belief that even the adherents can fool themselves into believing this hatred was ordained by their deity.

dex

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Satan's influences are deeply planted.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The year was 1916. America would soon go to war in Europe “to make the world safe for democracy.”

WW1 also saw the defeat of the Ottoman Empire.

"Christian" governments defeated an imperial "Muslim" government.

The Ottoman Empire over time, had invaded and occupied many areas of Europe.

I guess religion does have governments.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Sure enough, there it was: the charred corpse of a young (left out by me) man, tied to a blistered tree in the heart of the Texas Bible Belt. Next to the burned body, young (left out by me) men can be seen smiling and grinning, seemingly jubilant at their front-row seats in a carnival of death. One of them sent a picture postcard home: “This is the barbeque we had last night. My picture is to the left with a cross over it. Your son, Joe.

You're correct in that there's very little difference between human beings capturing, torturing, and burning to death other human beings, for whatever reason. As fate would have it, usually it has to do with religion and/or racism.

The main thing that sticks out to me is that whomever did that in the past (regarding your example) got away with it. As the human race advances in population, intelligence, communication, and technology, we as civil, decent people cannot allow people to do this and broadcast it on news media outlets (ISIS) if we can help it. I'm sure you were citing your example to let the Christians know that their "forefathers" have done the same stuff, even recently.

If ISIS survives history, and becomes a permanent thing that influences people, regions and religion for hundreds of years to come, I sure hope there are people like you there to cite that they burnt people alive when their group was still young.

To those who hate Christianity, or the hypocritical nature of it, or of the members of it at any point in history, I give you this advice: You have an opportunity to be on the on the right side of history from the get go with where you stand regarding ISIS and Islamic Extremism. No citations of hypocrisy no matter how pertinent will make what ISIS is doing any less bad. And because the [Christians or anyone else] ever did what they're doing, if you truly despise that, now's the opportunity to go against the up and coming next big thing that could dwarf whatever has already been done before in human history.

I'm sorry, I feel like I'm rambling and pitching a campaign at the same time.
edit on 2/7/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

I am not a fan of organized religion by any stretch but, I think it is insulting to suggest that there is any similarity between christianity and mohammedanism.

I imagine that was your goal, to shock the ignorant churchies into realizing how silly they have been holding Islam to account for its crimes and more importantly, criminal design.

Similarity? They're both Abrahamic in origin. Read the Old Testament, the motherload of barbarity.

edit on 7-2-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: greencmp

Similarity? They're both Abrahamic in origin. Read the Old Testament, the motherload of barbarity.

just out of curiosity, have you read what non-abrahamic cultures were doing at the time?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Funny you should mention that.

Almost all of the "villainous tribes" in the bible when it comes to tribal and family history are the ancestors of many modern day Middle Easterners. All of the terrible things described and done (with the exception of what the Lord did to Israel's enemies and what Israel did to its' enemies) were descriptive of these peoples at that time in history.

Maybe it's hereditary, maybe it's Maybelline.
edit on 2/8/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

Funny you should mention that.

Almost all of the "villainous tribes" in the bible when it comes to tribal and family history are the ancestors of many modern day Middle Easterners. All of the terrible things described and done (with the exception of what the Lord did to Israel's enemies and what Israel did to its' enemies) were descriptive of these peoples at that time in history.

Maybe it's hereditary, maybe it's Maybelline.

And yet Christians follow a Middle Eastern religion.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

And yet Christians follow a Middle Eastern religion.

Pfft ..

Maybe they follow a Middle Eastern man, but Christianity is clearly a Roman/Greek creation as we know it today. Well, half Middle Eastern man, half GOD SEED. Hehe.

Had Arian Christianity become the largest sect instead of Catholicism, you'd have a point, considering Arius was Libyan.

Constantine was a European and Paul was a Roman citizen.
edit on 2/8/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join