It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 Dispatcher Breaks Rules To Save Tot's Life... (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
From PIX11.com

A 911 dispatcher in Virginia put it all on the line as he helped save the life of a toddler last December by guiding the family through CPR.

According to WSLS, it all started with a frantic call to 911 after 17-month-old Aiden Walker suffered a seizure and stopped breathing. His grandmother and mom called 911, and begged Dispatcher Tim Webb for help.

Caller: “This is my only son, I can’t lose him!”

Dispatcher: “I’m not gonna let you lose him. Put him on your kitchen table ok?”

The family did not know CPR and the ambulance was 20 minutes away. However, dispatch centers need a special emergency medical dispatch certification to give out CPR instructions over the phone. The Galax Police Department did not have EMD certification, but Webb knew this was a matter of life or death.

After getting the go ahead from the chief on duty, Webb sprang into action and talked the panicked family through the steps of CPR.

Aiden has recovered and is expected to be OK.

The Galax Police Department is reportedly in the process of getting that EMD certification.

The quick thinking and selflessness of this man is outstanding! He risked his Job for the life of another . I know it seems silly BUT rules and regulations are in place to prevent further complications to the health of a patient in an emergency. Thankfully he knew enough to tell it was this or nothing! I wanna high five this guy!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I got all chocked up. What a wonderful story with a happy ending!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
My god what a saint, thanks for posting this and it hits close to home here.
S&F big time!

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I got all chocked up. What a wonderful story with a happy ending!

me too

S+F

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

Rules and regulations aren't really there for the safety of the patient or whatever, ultimately it's about legal liability. He could have not told them how to do CPR and the kid dies, there'd be no chance for a lawsuit since protocol was followed. If this kid ended up dieing, they could have sued and probably won for the sole fact that they didn't have accreditation or whatever.

new topics

top topics

join