It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using your mind just after waking up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Im talking about those first few moments after youve just woken up and are hovering between wakefulness and sleep.
In that state the mind works differently than when you are completely awake. Its a good time to reflect and even derive insights on things.

It works for me most of the time.

What do you say ats?
edit on 7-2-2015 by rokkuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I routinely wake up at 4 am to coast-to-coast-am radio, playing all night as I sleep (I think I subconsciously absorb some of the dialog from the show in my sleep)

so, I do not immediately begin with that introspection or insight thing you do...

after my bladder, I go... in the first five minutes to my all-in-one PC, hit the jigzone.com site and complete a 184 piece puzzle in under 19 minutes on average....

the aim is to keep my higher brain in tune, hand-eye & spatial stuff

cheers

edit on th28142330262007502015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

oh i love that. mostly when its warm and the first sunrays shine through the window, the moment when you feel still save and pure. Before any tasks or goals other than getting out of bed... soon.

a reply to: St Udio

Seriously dude, hit the breaks, now. I believe you are smart and i know what it feels like when your brain is always on the run, but control it. At least a few minutes a day and when you sleep. Otherwise things will stop to make sense at some point because you overload.
Not trying to tell you what to do or anything, I bet you have more and more intense experiences than i did so far, but please: save your brain. let it defragment sometimes and to do that it needs a rest. Promise you go and get something you enjoy, something that speaks to your senses, a really good drink, or cake, or whatever and sit down and enjoy it? Consume it and just feel nothing, think nothing except how good it is. A few minutes...
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopSaturdayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
About six weeks ago , I woke up that morning in a state of bliss .

Bliss is hard to describe.

The feeling went when someone spoke to me.
I wrote this little poem.

A moment of bliss
That's what I miss
Life's wonderous kiss
I humbly insist
Another moment of bliss
In all that exsist
More than happiness
And sudden with dismiss
A wish for bliss.

1%

More like the bliss was using my mind than my mind using the bliss , because it left so abruptly.

edit on 7-2-2015 by my1percent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Upon waking you're still in an alpha/theta brainwave state. A good time to use affirmations to improve your life. You have a closer path right to the subconscience.
edit on 272015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Before you open your eyes, you remember more in depth your dreams and I think it may be a time to set intentions for the day, to envision positive outcomes.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I have had several mornings that I wake up with a random song in my head. I can hear every detail of each of the instruments and vocals, and know all the lyrics, (of songs I don't really know the lyrics to.) It's very realistic, as if I am actually hearing it. Within a minute, its gone. I will still have the general tune stuck in my mind, but without all the rich detail. I believe that the subconscious mind records everything you have ever seen or learned. I think the subconscious is still at the wheel as you transition from sleep to wakefulness.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I used to spring up out of bed wide-awake but these last few years have been catching up with me. I would have to say the last three. I'm fifty now, so I guess that isn't real bad. Now it's a foggy haze and cobwebs. There's no way I'll be useful until I at least down a cup of coffee now.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

When you are dreaming and asleep, the subconsciousness is operating, when you wake up, for a few moments, you might have a brief opportunity to observe what you usually cannot, things that usually running in the background now perceptible in the foreground.

top topics

join