It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Disclosure Of The Factual Truth Of ETs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So here we have various military and government folk telling us ETs are real UFOs are real space forces are real. We are being told from the top that ETs are not only real but we have reverse engineered thier craft, had contact with them, and have our own space forces. To remain a skeptic after being told the truth from top military insiders is just being willfully ignorant of the facts being presented to the many.

rationalwiki.org...
Willful ignorance is the state and practice of ignoring any sensory input that appears to contradict one’s inner model of reality. At heart, it is almost certainly driven by confirmation bias.

It differs from the standard definition of “ignorance“ — which just means that one is unaware of something — in that willfully ignorant people are fully aware of facts, resources and sources, but refuse to acknowledge them. Indeed, calling someone "ignorant" shouldn’t really be a pejorative, but intentional and willful ignorance is an entirely different matter. In practice though, the word "ignorance" has often come to mean "willful ignorance", and indeed, in many non-English languages, the word based on the same stem actually carries that meaning.

It is sometimes referred to as tactical stupidity.

Depending on the nature and strength of an individual’s pre-existing beliefs, willful ignorance can manifest itself in different ways. The practice can entail completely disregarding established facts, evidence and/or reasonable opinions if they fail to meet one’s expectations. Often excuses will be made, stating that the source is unreliable, that the experiment was flawed or the opinion is too biased. More often than not this is simple circular reasoning: “I cannot agree with that source because it is untrustworthy because it disagrees with me”.

In other slightly more extreme cases, willful ignorance can involve outright refusal to read, hear or study, in any way, anything that does not conform to the person’s worldview. With regard to oneself, this can even extend to fake locked-in syndrome with complete unresponsiveness. Or with regard to others, to outright censorship of the material from others.

edit on 5-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well, if I were the head of the military with advanced craft that people occasionally see, I would try to tell my people to say that UFOs exist so people wouldn't start investigating what the military actually had. Shift the focus of the public.

There could also be a very advanced sect of humans out there that the government is trying to protect from detection. For their cooperation and protection, these advanced people would give a little of their older technology to the governments secret sects of scientists.

There are multiple possibilities out there, including real ETs.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Ok, saw him...
That pesky Greer guy....
Makes my skin curl.

And in a court, you need evidence
for something like this.... Not hearsay.
And yes, i belive aliens exist, but not
here. Yet

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
What I don't see is an iota of testable evidence. Join the Church of ET? No thanks.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The testimony of multiple witnesses is enough for the death penalty so...............come on.....
Steve Greer is a douche.....
I think hes using good people to make money off their testimonies...while they suffer any comsequences for their confessions.....
The people themselves have credentials out the ass...what more can one say.....obviously we are being kept in the dark......breakaway civilisation anyone.....?
The MIC wants to control the world and has the technology from the stars to do so......

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Steven Greer has not credibility whatsoever. And a bunch of those names have a lot of mixed up stories which I don't feel have any credibility either. What's left is maybe a few tales which don't have easy explanations, but it does not mean aliens are visiting Earth. Evenso, I knew someone who told me he saw a ufo when growing up. Apparently it was dramatic for him. This person was in the military at one point in his life, so why should I doubt him? There're lots of people with those kinds of stories. And yet I also have a relative who claimed they saw Jesus. There're people who say they've spoken to deceased individuals. There're people.....

Stories and unprovable bits of evidence does not make it all true. Unlike these alleged truths, science and reality can prove themselves. Which side would you choose, if it meant life or death? I wonder about these things all the time, but I know who I'd trust when it counts. I'd put my money on SETI or NASA with confidence if it had any weight. Putting my money on Ufology or the "Disclosure Project" is like throwing most of it away.
edit on 5-2-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
Steven Greer has not credibility whatsoever. And a bunch of those names have a lot of mixed up stories which I don't feel have any credibility either. What's left is maybe a few tales which don't have easy explanations, but it does not mean aliens are visiting Earth. Evenso, I knew someone who told me he saw a ufo when growing up. Apparently it was dramatic for him. This person was in the military at one point in his life, so why should I doubt him? There're lots of people with those kinds of stories. And yet I also have a relative who claimed they saw Jesus. There're people who say they've spoken to deceased individuals. There're people.....

Stories and unprovable bits of evidence does not make it all true. Unlike these alleged truths, science and reality can prove themselves. Which side would you choose, if it meant life or death? I wonder about these things all the time, but I know who I'd trust when it counts. I'd put my money on SETI or NASA with confidence if it had any weight. Putting my money on Ufology or the "Disclosure Project" is like throwing most of it away.

Go ahead and live in a cave....your outlook is certainly primitive enough.....
You obviously don't have an open mind on the subject and are repeating what you hear from those who claim to be experts....
what you don't quite get is most of them are disinfo experts....

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Ex (and present) high ranking military people saying this just has to be taken seriously.
What could they possibly gain in going against those in which they served under? One, or two perhaps with $$ in mind, but certainly not this many. It's got to come to a head soon.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I will add this to the OP because some people are doing this on a day to day basis, just being willfully ignorant period.

Willful ignorance is the state and practice of ignoring any sensory input that appears to contradict one’s inner model of reality. At heart, it is almost certainly driven by confirmation bias.

It differs from the standard definition of “ignorance“ — which just means that one is unaware of something — in that willfully ignorant people are fully aware of facts, resources and sources, but refuse to acknowledge them. Indeed, calling someone "ignorant" shouldn’t really be a pejorative, but intentional and willful ignorance is an entirely different matter. In practice though, the word "ignorance" has often come to mean "willful ignorance", and indeed, in many non-English languages, the word based on the same stem actually carries that meaning.

It is sometimes referred to as tactical stupidity.

Depending on the nature and strength of an individual’s pre-existing beliefs, willful ignorance can manifest itself in different ways. The practice can entail completely disregarding established facts, evidence and/or reasonable opinions if they fail to meet one’s expectations. Often excuses will be made, stating that the source is unreliable, that the experiment was flawed or the opinion is too biased. More often than not this is simple circular reasoning: “I cannot agree with that source because it is untrustworthy because it disagrees with me”.

In other slightly more extreme cases, willful ignorance can involve outright refusal to read, hear or study, in any way, anything that does not conform to the person’s worldview. With regard to oneself, this can even extend to fake locked-in syndrome with complete unresponsiveness. Or with regard to others, to outright censorship of the material from others.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Ex (and present) high ranking military people saying this just has to be taken seriously.
What could they possibly gain in going against those in which they served under? One, or two perhaps with $$ in mind, but certainly not this many. It's got to come to a head soon.

I must have missed the part about current high ranking military personnel. Could you name them and their respective ranks, please? I must have missed the part about current high ranking government personnel. Could you name them and their respective titles, please>

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I know right?

Why would all these military people get out on stage and camera just to lie to the people of the world.
There is a thing called an oath to uphold the constitution and calling them liars is spitting in the faces of the service they are doing.

Wassup with people these days calling them liars, or stating if they dont have some testable evidence in hand they wont believe it?
Its getting stupid and the dumbing down has gone a bit too far in my opinion.
Note to have the qualifications to actually test out some of this stuff you would need top secret clearance, which I am pretty sure all of the people who say they wont believe without testable evidence dont have any clearance at all.

edit on 6-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

I know right?

Why would all these military people get out on stage and camera just to lie to the people of the world.
There is a thing called an oath to uphold the constitution and calling them liars is spitting in the faces of the service they are doing.

Wassup with people these days calling them liars, or stating if they dont have some testable evidence in hand they wont believe it?
Note to have the qualifications to actually test out some of this stuff you would need top secret clearance, which I am pretty sure none of the people who say they wont believe without testable evidence dont have at all.

Yeah, why would Colin Powell get up in front of the UN and lie? He wouldn't, would he? Oh, he did? That's right, he did lie! Well, I guess none of the others would ever lie. Right.

I have the same respect for the members of the Church of ET that I have for the members of any other fundamentalist church: none. When they come up with some testable evidence that makes their claims fact, I'll accept it as fact. I extend an invitation to you to cite this testable evidence so that my conversion might be swift. Amen.
edit on 6-2-2015 by Tangerine because: typo correction

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

I know right?

Note to have the qualifications to actually test out some of this stuff you would need top secret clearance, which I am pretty sure none of the people who say they wont believe without testable evidence dont have at all.

Yeah, why would Colin Powell get up in front of the UN and lie? He wouldn't, would he? Oh, he did? That's right, he did lie! Well, I guess none of the others would ever lie. Right.
I have the same respect for the members of the Church of ET that I have for the members of any other fundamentalist church: none. When they come up with some testable evidence that makes their claims fact, I'll accept it as fact. I extend an invitation to you to cite this testable evidence so that my conversion might be swift. Amen.

DUDE WTF are you going on about?

Did you even watch the videos?

You sound ignorant to what is being stated in the videos and have no interest in what they are saying.
Watch the videos before you go on some off topic rant about testable evidence you have no ability to even begin to test.
Do you have the skills to test the evidence by working with top secret military projects? NO
So do us all a favor watch the videos and talk about the content in them or go educate yourself so you can actually test the evidence your ranting about in every post you make.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I know right?

You sound ignorant to what is being stated in the videos and have no interest in what they are saying.
Watch the videos before you go on some off topic rant about testable evidence you have no ability to even begin to test.
Do you have the skills to test the evidence by working with top secret military projects? NO
So do us all a favor watch the videos and talk about the content in them or go educate yourself so you can actually test the evidence your ranting about in every post you make.

I watched the videos. Do you really think that just because something is stated it's fact? I am interested enough in what they are saying to ask you to present the testable evidence .

The content in the videos is limited to claims. Claims are not facts.

When you can not present requested testable evidence, you call names. I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but that actually lessens your argument not strengthens it.

It appears that you want to believe what these people are saying much like some people want to believe preachers. Let me ask you this: what harm comes from demanding testable evidence? If you're sure they have it, they can certainly produce it. Or is it more likely that, deep down, you don't believe they have any testable evidence and you just want us to join the cult?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I know right?

I watched the videos. Do you really think that just because something is stated it's fact? I am interested enough in what they are saying to ask you to present the testable evidence .

The content in the videos is limited to claims. Claims are not facts.

When you can not present requested testable evidence, you call names. I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but that actually lessens your argument not strengthens it.

It appears that you want to believe what these people are saying much like some people want to believe preachers. Let me ask you this: what harm comes from demanding testable evidence? If you're sure they have it, they can certainly produce it. Or is it more likely that, deep down, you don't believe they have any testable evidence and you just want us to join the cult?

Are you capable of posting on topic to what is being said by the military people in the video or are you just BSing?
Can you answer the question are you in a position to test the evidence, meaning do you have any qualifications to work with advanced reverse engineered military technology?

Do you have top secret clearance?

Can you talk about what they are saying in the video instead of going on like a broken record attempting to discredit those who do have the qualifications to work with the technology, view it, and tell us about it.

Are you trying to work towards getting an education that would allow you to test the evidence your so interested in testing?

Do you have the qualifications to test anything at all?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I'm going to skip watching 7 hours of videos because I'm aware of the stories and backgrounds of the participants. The stories, when taken altogether, don't have enough coherence to be truthful. There's no rational reason why a POTUS would be faced with evidence of 'aliens' and decide that 'nobody must know.' Neither would it makes sense that arch-enemies like the Soviets, China, Korea, Vietnamese etc would keep the secret.

Reverse-engineering is a fantasy unless the technology has parallel origins and only minimally advanced. For example, nobody at Sandia Labs in the 1950s could reverse-engineer an android phone. How could they reverse-engineer an alien technology and then manufacture them? Unless, of course, they crashed and had a paper blueprint that could somehow be deciphered? If so, what might be the Rosetta Stone that would help them bridge the gap between two unrelated languages?

How would they 'interview' an alien? Would they waterboard it to cooperate enough to learn its ABCs? Would it use telepathy? If so, how would the secret Intel guys communicate back?

There was a 'cover-up' and authorities wanted the reports to go away. Hynek expressed regret that he'd been so quick to explain away reports. However, trying to play down reports of UFO sightings doesn't take us all the way to 'four races' of aliens visiting and secret space navies. Some of the speakers have long since made the leap all the way to 'aliens' and their opinions frequently are massaged by guys like Greer with his mystical ability to be 'briefing' the world's most powerful Intelligence leaders.

Some are more naive in their source material like those associated with Edgar Mitchell and Noetics - good people. Hellyer is likely one of those who has trusted the opinions of well-known people without quite doing his due diligence. I'd lay bets that greer dazzled him with BS and turned his head. "Hold that thought Paul, I've got Vladimir Putin waiting. Seems he has a problem in the Baltics and wants my advice...."

The Congressional-type hearings were a dog and pony show and a reasonable fund-raiser to keep the wolf from the door for Basset etc.

IMAO of course

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Good job FormOfTheLord. I was aware of these but thanks for the compilation for those who may have been previously unaware.

Wait a minute, so just because Powell lied makes EVERY SINGLE speaker in each of these videos a liar by default? No sensible person would agree with this line of reasoning.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
There's no rational reason why a POTUS would be faced with evidence of 'aliens' and decide that 'nobody must know.

You do know that a POTUS is not the top of the food chain right? When the upper echelons of the shadow gov. and global elite are ready they'll give him the green light. Blowing the lid unwarranted may have a POTUS wind up like J.F. Kennedy.
edit on CSTFri, 06 Feb 2015 01:58:04 -0600uAmerica/ChicagoFebAmerica/Chicago040458am by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: FormOfTheLord
I'm going to skip watching 7 hours of videos because I'm aware of the stories and backgrounds of the participants. The stories, when taken altogether, don't have enough coherence to be truthful. There's no rational reason why a POTUS would be faced with evidence of 'aliens' and decide that 'nobody must know.' Neither would it makes sense that arch-enemies like the Soviets, China, Korea, Vietnamese etc would keep the secret.
Reverse-engineering is a fantasy unless the technology has parallel origins and only minimally advanced. For example, nobody at Sandia Labs in the 1950s could reverse-engineer an android phone. How could they reverse-engineer an alien technology and then manufacture them? Unless, of course, they crashed and had a paper blueprint that could somehow be deciphered? If so, what might be the Rosetta Stone that would help them bridge the gap between two unrelated languages?
How would they 'interview' an alien? Would they waterboard it to cooperate enough to learn its ABCs? Would it use telepathy? If so, how would the secret Intel guys communicate back?
There was a 'cover-up' and authorities wanted the reports to go away. Hynek expressed regret that he'd been so quick to explain away reports. However, trying to play down reports of UFO sightings doesn't take us all the way to 'four races' of aliens visiting and secret space navies. Some of the speakers have long since made the leap all the way to 'aliens' and their opinions frequently are massaged by guys like Greer with his mystical ability to be 'briefing' the world's most powerful Intelligence leaders.
Some are more naive in their source material like those associated with Edgar Mitchell and Noetics - good people. Hellyer is likely one of those who has trusted the opinions of well-known people without quite doing his due diligence. I'd lay bets that greer dazzled him with BS and turned his head. "Hold that thought Paul, I've got Vladimir Putin waiting. Seems he has a problem in the Baltics and wants my advice...."
The Congressional-type hearings were a dog and pony show and a reasonable fund-raiser to keep the wolf from the door for Basset etc.
IMAO of course

I hate to say it but entering into a discussion on military people disclosing the truth about ETs and not at least watching some of the videos even the short 10 minute ones where they are getting the truth out to the people comes of as being uninformed to say the least.

Its like your white washing what is being said by all the speakers because you may not like what one of them has to say.
At least educate yourself as to whats being said and who is saying it, before you make blanket claims like:

"I'm going to skip watching 7 hours of videos because I'm aware of the stories and backgrounds of the participants. & The stories, when taken altogether, don't have enough coherence to be truthful."

Because your not listening to the stories, your not hearing the coherent disclosures of truth from the military persons.

DENY IGNORANCE
Not
Perpetuate it. . . . . . .

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Review the list of military people at that conference, and/or review the online testimony of their supervisors.
Are you trying out a dis-info tactic here? This is not a playground of amateurs. State your business and spit facts.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join