It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weapons You Can Legally Own In The UK!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter
Aren't all bows legal in the U.K. too?

They certainly are in Germany..puzzled as to why,though.

At the moment bows and crossbows are legit. Over in Ireland crossbows require a firearms license along with air rifles!

England has a rich heritage of archery, if they banned or licensed bows it might wake the sheeple up too much.
However! You CANNOT hunt with a bow, nor a crossbow in the UK!
Back in the early 80s the tory government outlawed bowhunting, claiming it caused too much suffering to the animal!
So target-shooting only for the bows and crossbows.

There are laws still on the books encouraging lethal force from certain towns and cities against Scots and Welshmen though!
edit on 5-2-2015 by WatchRider because: Addition

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: WatchRider

At the moment bows and crossbows are legit. Over in Ireland crossbows require a firearms license along with air rifles!

England has a rich heritage of archery, if they banned or licensed bows it might wake the sheeple up too much.
Back in the early 80s the tory government outlawed bowhunting, claiming it caused too much suffering to the animal!

There are laws still on the books encouraging lethal force from certain towns and cities against Scots and Welshmen though!
I believe in York the law states you can legally kill a Welshman with a bow if he is within the city walls after a certain time at night. Could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

I believe in York the law states you can legally kill a Welshman with a bow if he is within the city walls after a certain time at night. Could be wrong.

Maybe man, but it could be Chester also, being close to Welshville.

edit on 6-2-2015 by WatchRider because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen
welcome to the insanity of gun laws!
you can have a bolt action gun but no pistol or revolver. having all of them and a few more i say a bolt action is more dangerous than a pistol.
why not allow all of them?
with terrorist threats increasing it would be a nice move by the lawmakers. they don't have to spend so much on the police and military when there is a society that can protect itself and the state even gets more income through rising sales.

also who in their right mind would store the ammunition seperately from the guns?
and what do politicians think to gain from that?

Yup cause American guns stopped 911....... o wait it didnt.......

But hey they stopped the oklamoma bombing,...... o right no they didnt.

But hey least they stoped your fedral goverment from becomeing over large and tyrannical.....
O wait no they havent!!

Sure keep your US gun laws. But dont pretend they are a fix all to all problems.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Yub.

You can buy a recurve, long or crossbow with no regulation at all.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

you can have a bolt action gun but no pistol or revolver. having all of them and a few more i say a bolt action is more dangerous than a pistol.
with terrorist threats increasing it would be a nice move by the lawmakers. they don't have to spend so much on the police and military when there is a society that can protect itself and the state even gets more income through rising sales.

also who in their right mind would store the ammunition seperately from the guns?

That was down to letting foreign terrorists get visas and allowing them to fly planes, you can thank the 1965 immigration act for that one ultimately.~

Also, if the pilot was armed and had a decent door that was locked yep it could have. So have that one too!

Nothing to do with gun owners who actually are neutral mostly as it was a revenge attack for Waco massacre.

But hey least they stoped your fedral goverment from becomeing over large and tyrannical.....
O wait no they havent!!

It wouldn't have mattered either way. That was elected officials selling out the populace.
Or would you enjoy a civil war in the USA?

Sure keep your US gun laws. But dont pretend they are a fix all to all problems.
That last part I agree with. You can't have the first amendment without the second.

Neither are strawman arguments.

Here's where the guns come in handy.

bearingarms.com...

The expression goes like this:

'We'll keep our gun rights come what may, YOU can keep the change!'

Or put another way, having the guns is better than being totally defenseless. Something the UK authorities have succeeded at.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: WatchRider

Let put it another way. Americans can bugger off and let the UK run its own affairs. We don't want or NEED your gun culture here.

Simple enough for the American brain to understand?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

That was down to letting foreign terrorists get visas and allowing them to fly planes, you can thank the 1965 immigration act for that one ultimately.~

Also, if the pilot was armed and had a decent door that was locked yep it could have. So have that one too!

1) guns on a plane are general not a good idea.
2) My point was American guns did not stop it.

Nothing to do with gun owners who actually are neutral mostly as it was a revenge attack for Waco massacre.

Again you missed the point. My reply was guns stop terrorists and Im clearly pointing out they haven't in this case.

It wouldn't have mattered either way. That was elected officials selling out the populace.

Well gee is that not what the 2nd was meant to stop?

Not my country so don't care.
But that is generally was protecting your rights with guns means.
Having them in your cupboards and and locked away means nothing.

You can't have the first amendment without the second.

lol you say that after the above?

That phrase means F all if Americans are too cowardly to stand up to the goverment in case they cause a civil war.

Or put another way, having the guns is better than being totally defenseless. Something the UK authorities have succeeded at.

Having guns does not matter a bit if you have not got the guts to use them.USA is defenseless as long as you let your federal goverment walk all over you. sitting there behind a computer screen stoking your AR-15 mean F all unless the American people take action and PROVE the 2nd amendments worth.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

O wait no they havent!!

how are handguns supposed to stop a 2,5 t bomb or stop planes? well actually if some passengers on the 911 flights had guns, 911 probably wouldn't have happened!
either way, there ARE plenty of storys where a family dad or a jeweler successfully expelled thiefes, thugs, rapists,...

i'm with you that they don't fix all problems! but they surely are not the cause of problems. the cause is in the peoples head.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I think plenty of us would be willing to do that, but it's a two way street..

The cultures are different though, as you state, and that has a massive impact on what will or won't work.

Regarding the OP, I knew that there were greater restrictions and laws but I didn't realize how extensive they really are. Thanks for posting!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

well actually if some passengers on the 911 flights had guns, 911 probably wouldn't have happened!

Yeah some dip# would have fired there gun off breached the hull and decompressed the plane causing it to crash long before it hit the tower.... your right

edit on 6-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

well actually if some passengers on the 911 flights had guns, 911 probably wouldn't have happened!

Yeah some dip# would have fired there gun off breached the hull and decompressed the plane causing it to crash long before it hit the tower.... your right

You see that's where you fail.

You can use special ammunition, plastic bullets etc for use on planes so there would not be a breach. Sky Marshals (who carry guns on planes) carry them in fact.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

1) guns on a plane are general not a good idea.
2) My point was American guns did not stop it.

Again you missed the point. My reply was guns stop terrorists and Im clearly pointing out they haven't in this case.

Well gee is that not what the 2nd was meant to stop?

Not my country so don't care.
But that is generally was protecting your rights with guns means.
Having them in your cupboards and and locked away means nothing.

You can't have the first amendment without the second.

lol you say that after the above?

That phrase means F all if Americans are too cowardly to stand up to the goverment in case they cause a civil war.

Having guns does not matter a bit if you have not got the guts to use them.USA is defenseless as long as you let your federal goverment walk all over you. sitting there behind a computer screen stoking your AR-15 mean F all unless the American people take action and PROVE the 2nd amendments worth.

Look pal, you are taking things radically out of context it's like me saying NASA's space shuttle program didn't prevent two shuttles blowing. Some things will occur. You can mitigate, you can help reduce risk and deter but ultimately there will be the hazard.

Would you rather the people be disarmed completely and just the police and army have the guns?

Also who said I was American?

Why are you obsessing over a civil war? Most Americans, unlike the Brits, are happy to see the feds kept at arms length. The states have more rights over ruling themselves than the castrated counties of Britain can ever dream of.
Civil War requires armor, planes, logistics and an outside force.
You wouldn't win with JUST firearms BUT they are a deterrent against tyranny putting their bootheel on your neck.

Just ask the Brady Ranch. The BLM (Feds) tried pushing him around and his firearms and armed militia certainly stopped them in their tracks!
Tell me how that nanny-state in the UK is going for you? Still enjoying the bootheal being pressed on your neck?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
in short: if the government denies you weapons and starts taking them away, be afraid! be very afraid!

an armed society has to be taken serious from the politicians. and i think that's the real reason why gun laws get stricter from year to year.
it's surely not because of some deaths here and there. the bad guys will always have weapons. if they don't, they take cars or knives.

i also will say this: legal(!) gun owners are some of the most sane and polite people i got to know. just my experiance.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: anticitizen

But an armed society means armed police.
It's not always the bad guys you have to worry about. It's a paranoid police department with a shoot first policy, and toddlers reaching into handbags.
edit on 6-2-2015 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You see that's where you fail.

You can use special ammunition, plastic bullets etc for use on planes so there would not be a breach. Sky Marshals (who carry guns on planes) carry them in fact.

Yes SKY Marshall.

I know all that.

But I don't expect half of America to know the same things.

If there was no regulation on planes I can see some disphit that does not know that shooting off a normal round.

So yeah you fail.

You give the general public to much credit.,

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Would you rather the people be disarmed completely and just the police and army have the guns?

I don't honestly care. firearms (and I own 2) honestly are not that big a issue for me.

Do what you what in your own country ok?

Broitain does not WANT nor does it NEED American style gun culture.

If you want it GREAT! Go gun crazy in whatever state you live in.

Also who said I was American?

You talk like one
IE
Arrogant and trying to force your way on other cultures.

Looking down on other country's as they do things different

Yeah your a Merikan.

I dont care what the US does with there guns. USA should not care what the UK does with ours.

Why are you obsessing over a civil war? Most Americans, unlike the Brits, are happy to see the feds kept at arms length.

Well your doing a piss poor job at that. You federal state is dwarfs anything the UK has.

The states have more rights over ruling themselves than the castrated counties of Britain can ever dream of.

Thats a stupid comparison.

Why?

Cause the UK is not a collection of states, in fact we are about the size of 1 small US state.
So state rights are irrelevant excpet in the case of Scotland and wales.

Civil War requires armor, planes, logistics and an outside force.
You wouldn't win with JUST firearms BUT they are a deterrent against tyranny putting their bootheel on your neck.

Yeah ok you think that.

USA is the land of the freeeeeeeeee all hail American freedumb!

Last I checked the USA is only a tad above the UK on freedom these days.

Just ask the Brady Ranch. The BLM (Feds) tried pushing him around and his firearms and armed militia certainly stopped them in their tracks!

Yeah one case.

Meanwhile police are roaming around the USA summary executing people.

Tell me how that nanny-state in the UK is going for you?

Not much diffrent to your nanny state.

Apart from certain firearm restrictions there is little I can do in the USA I cant do here.

Still enjoying the bootheal being pressed on your neck?

No better than the boot heel on your neck it seems.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
If I talk like an american it's probably because I've got a pair of nuts and you haven't looking at your lame, negative and defeatist posts.

Brits are like serfs on leash, they have to have their permission slip to do anything, defend what scraps they are thrown from the masters table.

If you use firearms in self-defence why is it the police revok shotgun certificates / firearm certificates in the UK?
You can't even own pepper-spray in the UK as they classify it as a section 5 prohibited firearm.

You own two firearms eh? Well I'm calling you out on that. I'm calling on you to show them with your username otherwise it's just talk. You come on my thread you get challenged and called out. So either put up or shut up.

So in short you are deluded. I've researched my case, forwarded the details and you can only attack.

Finally on your talk about police executing people? That's a strawman argument AGAIN.

Why are you being brainwashed and influenced by the media? Do you not want to 'deny ignorance'? I have and that's why I can see both sides.

Don't want to believe I'm a non-American? I suggest you check out my videos and listen to my 'all-american' accent! LOL
Then your ignorance will be exposed for what it is.

So we're waiting Ewok, go into your forest hut.

It's times like this the ATS should impose an ignore command.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Some of you may find this video informative. It details the gun rights of each US State from worst to best.

edit on 6-2-2015 by WatchRider because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: WatchRider

Im not asking this to be awkward, but as a genuine question.

Apart from weapons ownership exactly what can you do in the US that I can't do in the UK?

I only ask because I often hear on ATS about how I'm under a Nazi jackboot and so on. Yet I am able to go about my day quite happily. I have family in Fort Worth who I visit regularly and have spent some time working in various parts of the US. I honestly don't see the difference in day to day life.

Genuine question.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join