It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Places You’d Never Believe Were In Scotland

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
SCOTLAND is an amazing country, small but so very full of variety.

There is an interesting article on Buzzfeed dotcom which shows "14 photos of Places that you'd never believe were in Scotland"

Whilst I don't actually agree that you'd never believe this!! It is nonetheless an interesting snapshot of the sort of variety of locations which are available to visit there.

LINK to Buzzfeed website article HERE

What other locations have the good folks on ATS visited that have unexpected sights or out of place landscapes?
Hidden gems that the other members might enjoy seeing here or maybe even visiting in person.

Go on - Let us know!
G

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I'm just a nature and history lover. I have no favorite place. As long as it has all four seasons, hills/mountains, trees and lakes, I love it! I really loved Salzburg, Germany because it has all that AND a very interesting history AND castles to boot! Maybe that is my favorite place?

Deserts don't spin me up at all, nor do the plains of the US. Boring places as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'd love to visit Scotland some day, and it's pictures like this that just make me so very sad that I'll probably never make it there. I've heard great things about the people, history and how beautiful it is there.

I also hear there may be a good dram or two to be had there.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I expected to see things like a large scale plumbing system, streetlights, maybe even a few cars or even a train.

Here in the US we are raised under the impression all other countries are in the technological dark ages.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Breath taking photos....thanks....s

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
I expected to see things like a large scale plumbing system, streetlights, maybe even a few cars or even a train.

Here in the US we are raised under the impression all other countries are in the technological dark ages.
in a poll a few years back ground keeper Willie was voted the most famous Scottish person in america. :/

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Scotland is a beautiful place, I count myself as very fortunate to live here, still some places on that list that I haven't seen yet though and I'd add Banff to the list, what a beautiful place and also places like Roslyn and Roslyn chapel are a must see... but S&F for the list, it's a nice find.

Alba Su Braith,
Regards,
Elijah23

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Heres my Scotland, different view every day...pure magic.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
WOW, thanks EVERYONE for taking the time and trouble to read and reply!
It's much appreciated.

There was a really good ad campaign by "Visit Scotland" a couple of years ago....
They ran a different Ad each "season" to give a flavour of Scotland as the seasons changed throughout the year.
I'll try and dig out a video or two - they are just stunning! (Great Music too, based on "North" by Paul Mounsey (sp?)

Here we go - I found Autumn and Winter...

edit on 5-2-2015 by Gordi The Drummer because: spelling

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I just found another stunning video...

If you haven't decided whether to visit us yet....
In about 10 minutes - You'll be booking your flights!! LOL

Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Now...is this your way to distract folk from the impending 6 Nations Gordi?

I was very fortunate to live for some time not far from #14..Dunottar Castle. Used to take my wee girls there quite often to the beach at the base of the cliff. I also believe some of Mel Gibbson's film Hamlet was filmed there.

Now....I have many a favourite place in Scotland, I started visiting there every year with my parents when I was a teenager. Our favourite route in the autumn would be from Sterling heading north through the Trossacks. Beautiful, just beautiful.

But my newest fav place of course has to be the Isle of Cumbrae.....thank you so much for inviting some of us members of ATS there Gordi...

Jane

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ooohhhh...here's one just posted on FB by my good friend Helen in Aberdeen of the Forth Road Bridge with a full moon...

Jane

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I was in Scotland last year, definitely one of the finest places on EARTH

Great landscapes and even more important, great people! And YER WELCOME!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

In Fife not far from where I am.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Where to begin! Great thread Gordi, we're lucky to live here so it's good of you to share this with everyone else instead of us keeping it all to ourselves!

Glenfinnan

Mallaig

Skye

The Garden of Cosmic Speculation (Dumfries)

And the best sculptures of all time, wir Kelpies!

edit on 5-2-2015 by beansidhe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Awesome stuff everyone; thanks for the post OP...

More and more reasons to revisit the motherland by my account

I'll make it one day - perhaps when I'm a billionaire I'll buy up these supposed Dunrobin and Dunnottar castles. Brilliant specimens - and an unexpected delight to see in Scotland.

edit on 5-2-2015 by DigitalJedi805 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Ooohhhh...here's one just posted on FB by my good friend Helen in Aberdeen of the Forth Road Bridge with a full moon...

Jane

FYI, to the non Scottish residents in case of confusion. THe Forth Road Bridge is the one overhead. The bridge in the distance is the Forth Rail Bridge. It's the rail bridge that is most impressive. The Kelpies and the Falkirk Wheel are just a few miles away and they are also very impressive. The Kelpies were built with Yorkshire Steel.....sorry had to get that in

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Jane

FYI, to the non Scottish residents in case of confusion. THe Forth Road Bridge is the one overhead. The bridge in the distance is the Forth Rail Bridge. It's the rail bridge that is most impressive. The Kelpies and the Falkirk Wheel are just a few miles away and they are also very impressive. The Kelpies were built with Yorkshire Steel.....sorry had to get that in
if you show me anything in Britain that wasn't built from Sheffield steel I'll send you my next wage on payday lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join