It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Judge Mankind by Thought or Action?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18966678]caladonea[/pos
well it used to be i think therefore i am , or should it be i think therefore i am f ...ed .

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
How do you view God to judge, anyway?
a reply to: ChefSlug
I don't believe GOD has ever judged anyone.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

There's no point in worrying about hell or heaven. If they exist at all, your card is marked already whatever the T&Cs of existence might be. So is mine and anyone else.

'Thought crime' would consign heaven to irrelevance. It'd be like a theme park with no visitors, a gig with no crowd or a party where nobody arrives.

I guess if the guestbook was dictated by actions alone, heaven would be packed out and hell would be way more emptier. 7 billion on the planet right now and we all have 'sinnish' thoughts whether they be anger or envy. Do we act out that anger or envy upon others? Mostly no.

If the T&Cs of heaven are as extreme as they are reported to be, those that do gain entry would be too good to stand aside without complaining to the site owners. God would have a 'Spartacus' rebellion or at the very least a Gandhi-style sit-down protest.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

How do you think of the afterlife, and how is it determined what each person's afterlife is... thats the only judgement i attribute to GOD

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Thinking is an action, and not an evil one.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

How does God pick the winner of team sporting events?

Whatever makes you think He does?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Thinking about whats Evil and whats good does not condemn a person. It's actions. Some societies might pinalize for gaining knowledge but knowledge includes both. To be reading it or to be thinking about it is the same as to strategize against it.

It's people don't don't even think about it that go about destroying peoples lives and squandering wealth. Those kinds of people that outwardly express what they want and what they think about people.

Ur in the clear, and besides. No one judges you after death except well yourself and the people your wronged who are also dead who may find you after death. Thus someone who were to go about such a path without redemption would be consumed by their own *Demons* as it were.

The whole * You'll be spared at the end of the world* thing is basically when and if the planet goes into extinction level. E.T will start mass abducting and i guess its your flip of the coin who you end up with if you chose to go or not. If you don't you're pretty much screwed. Then we will have even more people that look alike.... lol...I wonder who's going to play the role of common ancestor this cycle. Maybe someone named Bill or bob. Bob billson or Bill bobson, Will be the next common ancestor to all living humans. lol. Of course i think the bible is kinda like propaganda a little. With some ancient stuff thrown in to make it seem legitimate. Isn't everyone doing that nowadays?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
For all we know, this idea of Gods or whoever else judging us, constantly monitoring us, may be a human cultural development.

Imagine an ant colony with millions of ants; a few ants giving birth to a colony of ants. Does any being or God really care what each ant does? How that particular ant's fortune should turn out, based on his thoughts or actions? Is any being going to monitor each ants actions and carefully weigh their destiny? In fact, why should we even the judge the ant for anything? Ants do what ants do. But we are not ants right? But from a perspective, we are like the ants, so numerous and abundant. Does any being or God care what each one does? We are human, and humans will do what humans do.

---

And in regard to free will - if all 'decision' and 'action' is determined by conditions, then who/what is left to blame or praise?

edit on 6-2-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's not about thoughts perse, it's about the condition of your heart.. and your thoughts are a direct reflection of that.

The Christian walk is about newness of heart. The Psalmist says, "Create in me a clean heart, oh Lord and renew in me a right spirit" the reason is that the heart is what needs to change, that kind of change is lasting.. if you only change an action then eventually you will go back to just the way you use to be, because the heart has never changed.

Show me a man who spends time devoted to thinking about money and I will show you a man who will strive toward making it. Show me a man who spends much time devoted to thinking about murder and I will show you a man who will someday kill.

Where your thoughts are, your heart is also - where your heart is, your actions will follow..Christianity is about changing that heart to be one which is filled with love of God and neighbor continually, rather than having a baser heart.
edit on 6-2-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Chef,
I believe that we choose what life we live, in our next incarnation, according to how we wish to continue our eternal journey. Millions or perhaps trillions of journeys, all before we get things right. I also believe that everything is GOD.
Love, Brother.a reply to: ChefSlug

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Show me a man who spends time devoted to thinking about money and I will show you a man who will strive toward making it. Show me a man who spends much time devoted to thinking about murder and I will show you a man who will someday kill.

To be fair, most of the richest people on Earth spend their time thinking of money and make piles of the stuff. They either have the opportunities or create them.

Statistically, I would also wager that there are more people in law enforcement detecting murders and murderers than there are murderers out there - both groups will spend a lot of their time thinking of murder. I'd also be interested to see a comparison between the number of crime writers and killers. There could be thousands of authors thinking about murders compared to only hundreds who ever commit murders.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join