It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Judge Mankind by Thought or Action?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I've asked myself often enough if my inpure thoughts are going to end me up in hell. Take for example:

A man enters the room and asks me to help him carry groceries, in my head my thoughts are, "No, **** off" but I say Sure and help anyway.

Is God going to judge me by my inner thoughts and diaglogue or by my deeds?

In the English Standard Version of Romans 2:6 it says:

He will render to each one according to his works

But, the bible contradicts itself only ten verses later.
In the Gods Word Translation of Romans 2:16 it says:

This happens as they face the day when God, through Christ Jesus, will judge people's secret thoughts. He will use the Good News that I am spreading to make that judgment.

And in a seperate book it confuses the subject even more.
In the International Standard Version of Ecclesiastes 12:14 it says:

For God will judge every deed, along with every secret, whether good or evil.

Would secrets be the thought process? Do you think you are being judged by your thoughts? How do you view God to judge, anyway?

Weigh In

-Chefslug

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Your intentions.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
If there is a "Most Perfect Being" I don't think they indulge in such trivial human concepts as Judgment.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Here is a prayer that is said in most Christian churches. We ask for forgiveness of the sins we commit in every form. I too have bad thoughts that I am sure are frowned upon. I think you are ok as long as you make an honest effort to correct yourself.

Most merciful God,
we confess that we have sinned against thee
in thought, word, and deed,
by what we have done,
and by what we have left undone.
We have not loved thee with our whole heart;
we have not loved our neighbors as ourselves.
We are truly sorry and we earnestly repent.
For the sake of thy Son Jesus Christ,
have mercy on us and forgive us;
that we may delight in thy will,
and walk in thy ways,
to the glory of thy Name. Amen.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefSlug

"Does God Judge Mankind by Thought or Action?"

I think perhaps we may be judged (by thought and actions)...both.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

Well I sorta meant thought and action or actions alone. Are thoughts included in judgement?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The Supreme Creator God is one of Love, you are being confused with the God of Abraham, a demented,psychopath escaped from a inter- galactic prison for the insane.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

How does God pick the winner of team sporting events?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I always viewed "judgement" as your role in the afterlife., So as far as it goes for God changing anything in life... no it doesn't happen.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

How does God pick the winner of team sporting events?

They are all fixed. Seattle, literally THREW the Superbowl!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
If it's "Thoughts"...

I'm so screwed.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm with Boeing777....

Intentions...

But even then, people can go too far with "the best intentions"...
So I'd guess sometimes Actions.

eg an illiterate Suicide Bomber, who has been brainwashed & indoctrinated into thinking his intentions were what God wanted.

7 Levels of Hell & all that.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Let's not forget this one too:

2 Corinthians 5
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

We will be judged by the things we DO while in the body.

Yeah, the bible is all over the place in this area of theology. Not only do we have multiple authors contradicting each other, we have one author that contradicts himself on several occasions.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Only things that can effect others matters so works matters under the premise that you are not telepathic.

If you are in a telepathic link with others then also thought can effect others and in that case thought also matters. That means if you have a very advanced third eye you need to control your thoughts also.

And objective judgement is always exact. Like we measure temperature with many decimals god (the one that religions try to describe) measures what we do with extreme precision that leaves no ambiguity.

Namaste (I bow to the divine in you)
edit on 5-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
what is action without thought? what is thought without action?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

You understand possession.

What you're referring to plays a major part in MK Ultra & Manchurian Candidates.
edit on 5-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Some souls might use third eye in a negative way. They are very unwise and are only in the end creating more problems for themselves.

But you should put up an observer part of your conscious if you play around with the third eye. I understand how you can be connected to something in the unconscious and with critical thinking allow the information to surface using logic to see if the information appearing are symbiotic or corrupting your thinking.

You can call feeling the energized body state (Kundalini/light/chi infusion) where the human body is more alive and feels like one with everything, possession in spirit energy? By the fruits I judge if it is good(symbiotic) or bad(corrupt).

Namaste
edit on 5-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Hi there!

From a Jesus perspective,

Matthew 5:28; "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

and,

Matthew 23:26; "Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean."

I can only comment according to my own spiritual discipline. I try very hard to control my thoughts as well as my actions. That is because actions are born of thought.

If I was suddenly struck with desire for a woman who was married or who had a partner I would quickly deal with it and destroy that desire. I try to keep the inside clean because I know if I do that then what I express in action will automatically be as clean.

I am just giving a Christian perspective on this. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
If it's "Thoughts"...

I'm so screwed.

I think we all are.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
We are all in trouble. God hears our thoughts ...

Does God Judge Mankind by Thought or Action?

Matthew 5:27-28 - “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

I was told that you can't help what thoughts enter the head, but if you dwell upon them and entertain them, then you are partaking of a sinful nature. Be it hate or adultery or whatever.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join