It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elephant in the room : We will discover Aliens before they discover us

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Reminds me of an article I read a while back entitled "We are the Martians".

Which is true if you think about it. If that planet is ever inhabited, it will be us who is there.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

I have been spiritually researching the subject and the final answer i got is that humans and aliens are not socially compatable.

It would only create a war in which one side would be wiped out.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

I have been spiritually researching the subject and the final answer i got is that humans and aliens are not socially compatable.

What a ridiculous assumption. If there are multiple kinds of aliens they'd be varied, making any claim as fact on all possible species that may exist and applying it to all of them is ludicrous.

In fact, is probably why if there are aliens, we haven't been conquered. If they are interacting, they will be varied and disagree on a lot. We exist most likely because of multiple species checks and balances, if there are multiple aliens involved.

I'm sure if there are other aliens, there's at least some species that would get along fine with us socially if allowed to.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Good point, but the point is Ufology and Ancient Alien Theory already knew about Aliens....But now Science has better data on Alien life....Seems planned if you read ATS back in the day...

I know other posters know what I'm talking about!!

It's not a conspiracy but there have been plans to build better equipment to search for alien life for a long time. It's just that technology caught up to those plans.

NASA's Kepler mission was first proposed in 1985 but rejected 5 times because it was thought we didn't have the technology capable of doing it properly.

The first search for an exoplanet started way back in the 1960s with an astronomer looking for a planet around Barnard's Star.

It wouldn't be until the 1990s when the first ones were discovered.

Again, technology had to catch up to our aspirations.

We will find alien life the same way I suspect, technology coming on line in the next 10 years will increase not just the capability to search but also increase the WAYS to search for alien life.

So yes it's planned but it is not a conspiracy.

Read more here: Astrophysics Roadmap. Enduring Quests, Daring Visions NASA Astrophysics in the Next Three Decades - 2013

edit on 5-2-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Your gonna be an Astronaut one day Jade

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Your gonna be an Astronaut one day Jade

Omg I wish!

I'd love that but I would be just as happy as a research astronomer working with NASA on the next generation optical telescope they have planned to replace Hubble

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

What do you think that culture has changed to Science discovering Aliens before Ufology/Ancient Alien Theory???

I think the launch of NASA's Kepler Space Telescope in 09 has done a lot to boost the belief that aliens are out there although we didn't discover the first Earthlike habitable planet untill last year.

Of course Giorgio could have had a lot to do with it too !

I've got one of the Kepler science team coffee mugs (not available for purchase anywhere

If you think Kepler is badass I can tell you that the best stuff is yet to come!!!

I've been to NASA's Astrobiology institute at Ames Research Center. The stuff coming down the road is going blow minds:

edit on 5-2-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

originally posted by: deadeyedick

What a ridiculous assumption. If there are multiple kinds of aliens they'd be varied, making any claim as fact on all possible species that may exist and applying it to all of them is ludicrous.

In fact, is probably why if there are aliens, we haven't been conquered. If they are interacting, they will be varied and disagree on a lot. We exist most likely because of multiple species checks and balances, if there are multiple aliens involved.

I'm sure if there are other aliens, there's at least some species that would get along fine with us socially if allowed to.

not really an assumption but i clearly see how everyone may have to assume that it is. this also is a matter of faith.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The Drip Feed Theory. Actually, was this not the basis for many if not most of the plots in the very movies you chronicled? oo oo oo don't let the public know cuz they will freak out. I find it highly possible that this theory has been implanted all along also.

I had my first UFO sighting way back in the mid 50s and subsequent sightings in the 60s(none since). I have also been an avid Sci/fi novel reader and movie watcher. I have noticed the trends that you have pointed out and agree it has this appearance, an appearance of slow acclimation of the masses. However.

Though I considered this theory a valid theory for quite a while I no longer hold with it. The thought that what was needed was for people to demand this information and it would be made public sufficed to answer my own questions sufficiently. But no longer. It just seems to me, to naive.

I think something more, or less is going on. The idea that those in power who might have this information, this proof and are withholding it for our own benefit just is not credible. More likely if there is this proof, this information, then it is being withheld for the nefarious purposes of those who wish to hold it for themselves.

Just to finish my thoughts on the Drip Feed Theory, the idea that we need to be spoon fed the truth of alien existence is a theory that has been handed down in the sci/fi thriller all along.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Sounds like a lot of hopeful wishing.

The same argument was used when earth was the center of the universe and people said no its not.
The same argument was used by those who said the world was flat and people said no its not.
The same argument applied when they set sail to find Asia and found north America.
The same argument was used when man first seriously talked about flying in the air.
The same argument was made at the dawn of the computer age and how computers would affect society.

The electron was discovered in a time period where electricity was a theory with absolutely NO practical application existing for exploiting the discovery. Now our entire planet is run by electricity / electronics.

The only way to know for sure if we are alone in the Universe is to build a ship and start looking.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Life occurred on Earth and I choose to believe it occurred elsewhere in the universe as well.
edit on 5-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

This seems weird......How Science prevailed Ufology in regards to discovering Alien Life.....Yes no one has discovered Alien Life, but Science will first!!! Science is much more CONFIDENT! Reading ATS prior 2008, seems planned.......I swear ........Don't you think? No one talks about this.......but I think it's TRUE.........

I know you know the threads where we talked about this....

So the new new:

All of a sudden we discover LOTS of exoplanets

All of a sudden we are going to discover an exoplanet with life (plant, or advanced)

All of a sudden we are going to discover extremophiles in our Solar System

Next we are going to discover a new dimension

Next or at the same time we are going to observe the Big Bang

While in the mean time evidence leads to a more advance lifeforms that plays tricks on us. This "trickery life" would have to evolved when the first life evolved on Earth............and it went it super different direction...... Like light years away from us........

Back to the OP.........with Humans discovering Alien Life before Aliens discover us: (Because that is what Science thinks)

Seems a Christianity theme...The direction Science in Space is going...I guess they have no choice to chose Christianity as their base?

But at the same time all the Religions that existed on the World at the same time as Christianity, it makes you wonder what is God?

This is when you get into different Languages and Cultures

What do you think that culture has changed to Science discovering Aliens before Ufology/Ancient Alien Theory???

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
The only way to know for sure if we are alone in the Universe is to build a ship and start looking.

No ship necessary to do that...

SEE: Forget Space Travel: Build This Telescope

I think it's fair to say that, given your 'druthers, you'd want an instrument that could map exoplanets in the kind of detail you get with Google Earth, with enough resolution to actually see the Great Wall of the Klingons, in case they've built one.

Could we construct such a telescope ... ever?

Here's what it takes: Let's assume that all the alien worlds you wish to view up close and personal are no more than 100 light-years away. That might sound pretty cramped to astronomy nerds, but there are probably several hundred thousand planets within that distance - enough to gratify even the most spirited voyeur.

At 100 light-years, something the size of a Honda Accord -- which I propose as a standard imaging test object -- subtends an angle of a half-trillionth of a second of arc. In case that number doesn't speak to you, it's roughly the apparent size of a cell nucleus on Pluto, as viewed from Earth.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

What are you talking about? It's absolutely a conspiracy theory that we will discover Alien Life before they discover us. It just seems odd. It seems arrogant...and egotistical....

Alien talk is just over produced documentaries of what if they're here? Oooohhhhhh...it's about as fake as you can get....as far as the producers, writers, and actors/scientist genuinely caring about Aliens visiting us....they don't.

Humans are the most likely candidate to discover Alien Life, might as well give us the award already. We've already crowned ourselves....

The subject is definitely not taken seriously in the public eye....but humans discovering Alien Life is taken seriously.....

WHY?

Because of Christianity. Christianity has a huge influence on what we think is out there in Space and what we will discover. We are God's children, in God we trust, blah blah blah...it play a significant role in our assessment of life in Space.

How could some other life discover us? We need to be first! We need to be the most powerful.....After all these years of UFO sightings, abduction encounters, ancient astronaut theory.....now we are equating ourselves to the Star Trek Enterprise....We are this super intelligent mammal race that will conquer the Universe! Ha! Yeah right.....

Sorry not buying it....but this is what Science thinks....if Science is so stubborn then why do you think no one really cares about it?

Oh but maybe there is serious research on life visiting Earth? I don't know of any....seems to be the Mammal Crusaders in the cosmos.....

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
We will most likely come and go as a species before either scenario happens with the odds..

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

But why this drive from Science to discover Aliens seem crazy...

If you had the tools to, wouldnt you be looking?
Of course you would so why shouldnt science?

Its natural to be searching for ET life.

This drive your talking about is because of better equipment

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

The US can watch what's going on in Russia via satellites. However those satellites only provide an overview. In order to find out whats going on in the picture, specifics - militarily, foreign policy, morale of the people, what they are working on in their factories, their language etc etc etc, we would need to either call them up and ask or we go on our own and look around and talk to people.

I am always in favor of spending money on scientific advancement however I don't think a new observatory, aside from finding a planet with life, can do anything more for us to help understand what we are looking at.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

But why this drive from Science to discover Aliens seem crazy...

If you had the tools to, wouldnt you be looking?
Of course you would so why shouldnt science?

Its natural to be searching for ET life.

This drive your talking about is because of better equipment

It is suggested that there is a very limited time frame to detect aliens or us. That time frame is about 100 years where radio broadcasts and other transmission are omni related. As we advance, signals become more and more direct and limited to enter space.

edit on 6-2-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

What are you talking about? It's absolutely a conspiracy theory that we will discover Alien Life before they discover us. It just seems odd. It seems arrogant...and egotistical....

Um would you believe that it's pretty well accepted in astrobiology/SETI circles that if there are aliens out there around "nearby" stars out to say 100 light years they probably have pretty good maps of the Earth and may even have watched the construction of the Great Wall and Pyramids (both of which would be large enough to be imaged with the telescope mentioned in the article I referenced above.)

This is from the scientific site which keeps track of habitable and other exoplanets:

So they very well could have discovered us first but that doesn't mean they are here.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The US can watch what's going on in Russia via satellites. However those satellites only provide an overview. In order to find out whats going on in the picture, specifics - militarily, foreign policy, morale of the people, what they are working on in their factories, their language etc etc etc, we would need to either call them up and ask or we go on our own and look around and talk to people.

I am always in favor of spending money on scientific advancement however I don't think a new observatory, aside from finding a planet with life, can do anything more for us to help understand what we are looking at.

History would disagree.

Whenever we've increased the resolving power of our telescopes we've learned major new things about our universe. Right now to learn more about exoplanets we will have to keep increasing resolving power. We know nothing about what or who could be out there but we can begin to learn a lot more by studying the places they may inhabit and the structures they may have built.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over maniverse! Ha! Yeah right.....

Sorry not buying it....but this is what Science thinks....if Science is so stubborn then why do you think no one really cares about it?

Science doesn't jump to conclusions without evidence. That's not stubbornness that's just how it works. The scientific method is a way to keep us from fooling ourselves.

And plenty of people care about science. Worldwide far more people care about science than care about UFOs.

Oh but maybe there is serious research on life visiting Earth? I don't know of any....seems to be the Mammal Crusaders in the cosmos.....

Actually there has. I've referenced it a bunch on this very forum. Perhaps you weren't paying attention.

Here is an example of one such line of research I posted right here on the Aliens & UFOs forum of ATS.

"Have We Got a Message from ET?" - Three Dress Rehearsals for Contact Online ATS - November 22, 2013

I urge you to read it. It's surprising that these "stubborn" scientists would even be open to "channelled ET contact".....

Fact of the matter is science is not stubborn, nearly everything you think is possible has been considered and may even be currently under study by science and I can point to numerous research papers on such esoteric subjects as anti-gravity, faster than light travel/communication, warp drive theory, low energy nuclear reactions ("cold fusion"), hyperspace, multiple dimensions, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join