It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elephant in the room : We will discover Aliens before they discover us

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
This seems weird......How Science prevailed Ufology in regards to discovering Alien Life.....Yes no one has discovered Alien Life, but Science will first!!! Science is much more CONFIDENT! Reading ATS prior 2008, seems planned.......I swear ........Don't you think? No one talks about this.......but I think it's TRUE.........

I know you know the threads where we talked about this....

So the new new:

All of a sudden we discover LOTS of exoplanets

All of a sudden we are going to discover an exoplanet with life (plant, or advanced)

All of a sudden we are going to discover extremophiles in our Solar System

Next we are going to discover a new dimension

Next or at the same time we are going to observe the Big Bang

While in the mean time evidence leads to a more advance lifeforms that plays tricks on us. This "trickery life" would have to evolved when the first life evolved on Earth............and it went it super different direction...... Like light years away from us........

Back to the OP.........with Humans discovering Alien Life before Aliens discover us: (Because that is what Science thinks)

Seems a Christianity theme...The direction Science in Space is going...I guess they have no choice to chose Christianity as their base?

But at the same time all the Religions that existed on the World at the same time as Christianity, it makes you wonder what is God?

This is when you get into different Languages and Cultures

What do you think that culture has changed to Science discovering Aliens before Ufology/Ancient Alien Theory???

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Bigger and better telescopes

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Good point, but the point is Ufology and Ancient Alien Theory already knew about Aliens....But now Science has better data on Alien life....Seems planned if you read ATS back in the day...

I know other posters know what I'm talking about!!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Assuming the conspiracies are true, and we do know for sure that alien life does indeed exist I think this is their way of drip feeding us towards the truth. On the whole humanity is not ready to discover that were not the only intelligent life in the universe, we would devolve into the whole rioting, looting and all the primitive caveman actions we take when were hit with something we don't understand or like.

My guess would be that we will ''discover'' something small at first, microbial or maybe even animal life and then work us toward something more intelligent once that's sunk in a bit.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: longy9999
. On the whole humanity is not ready to discover that were not the only intelligent life in the universe, we would devolve into the whole rioting, looting and all the primitive caveman actions we take when were hit with something we don't understand or like.

I always wish someone would explain this in more details. I never believed it to be true. Let's say I hear about it, my first thought would be "are they friendly?" Than "can they get here/we get there?" Than assuming they aren't going to murder us I would "cool I wonder what they do for fun"

I know you will all say "you're an ats guy so it's different" however, I've asked many people in my life, the responses run the gammet from "it would be scary but I'd wait to see what was gonna happen" to "what do I care? I still gotta feed my kids. Are they gonna feed my kids? Than I'm going to work"

I never gotten a response like "I'd go bat crazy and run around throwing poop at everyone"
edit on 2/5/2015 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

We will discover Aliens before they discover us

Aliens can't do the same as humans with their investigations? We may be discovered and not know it.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Assuming the conspiracies are true, and we do know for sure that alien life does indeed exist I think this is their way of drip feeding us towards the truth.

The drip feed is an interesting theory. If we go back and look at the UFO history starting with Roswell you will see fundamental shifts in the way ET's are portrayed. Specifically it looks like its a decade at a time release of info. Each decade showed science fiction movies evolved, introducing more complex programming and more types of aliens as well as the societal impact.

* - Science Fiction movies - 1950's
Mainly you have what could be considered as the typical B movie. They mainly portray aliens in the horror movie style.

* - Sci Fi movies - 1960's
The 1960's saw a change in how ET was portrayed, starting with Star Trek. Near the end of the 60's we get 2001: A space Odyssey. A movie that comes up a lot in the conspiracy realm.

The 1960's is also the decade where we went tot he moon.

During the 1970's we saw man start sending probes out into space. From planetary exploration to the Voyager probes being launched on a mission to leave the solar system. The 1970's also brought us Star Wars. We also had Skylab - Americas first space station. The 1970's also brought us the WoW signal.

During the 1980's we saw he return of Star Trek. We also had tv miniseries like V and V:the Final Battle. To those who have never seen the 1980's version I highly recommend it. The movie also takes us down the road of life coming from another planet which turns out they look like humans but in reality they are reptilian.

* - Science fiction movies from the 1980's.
The 1980's brought us the Space Shuttle Program, the Russian space station and movies that deal with Humans beating the aliens and moving out to explore space. We also have movies that are based on the conspiracy that the government knows about ET life and his covering it up. The 1980's also brought us Bob Lazar (regardless of your stance on him his actions did spark a debate on the topic).

The 1980's also brought us E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. A movie where humans protect the alien from the government to help him get home.

The 1990's brought us a significant event for space exploration - the confirmation of the first planet detected outside of our solar system.

You guys get the idea... As we progressed from decade to decade the sci fi movies / shows changed and what we see now is a universe teaming with life along with former / current government employees coming forward to disclose their interactions with ET life and knowledge.

The study and report that was put together whose conclusion that the existence of ET life should be kept from the people because of its impact on society and religion, imo, is a form of reverse psychology. The fundamental question is how do we know humanity can handle the knowledge of ET life without significant disruption of their lives.

The answer is the people will tell the government. Through all of the leaks, scientific advancement etc we see an uptick in the number of people who not only believe ET is out there, but that the government is covering it up. We see more and more people demand the government come clean, not only in the US but other countries as well.

Eventually that voice demanding disclosure will hit critical mass at which point I think the governments will finally acknowledge we are not alone.

Every day that goes by new information is collected about exo planets, microbes on Mars, new signals detected in space with science having difficulty telling us what it is.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

What do you think that culture has changed to Science discovering Aliens before Ufology/Ancient Alien Theory???

I think the launch of NASA's Kepler Space Telescope in 09 has done a lot to boost the belief that aliens are out there although we didn't discover the first Earthlike habitable planet untill last year.

Of course Giorgio could have had a lot to do with it too !

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Of course Giorgio could have had a lot to do with it too !

I am not saying its Giorgio.... but its Giorgio....

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

. On the whole humanity is not ready to discover that were not the only intelligent life in the universe, we would devolve into the whole rioting, looting and all the primitive caveman actions we take when were hit with something we don't understand or like.

I always wish someone would explain this in more details. I never believed it to be true. Let's say I hear about it, my first thought would be "are they friendly?" Than "can they get here/we get there?" Than assuming they aren't going to murder us I would "cool I wonder what they do for fun"

I know you will all say "you're an ats guy so it's different" however, I've asked many people in my life, the responses run the gammet from "it would be scary but I'd wait to see what was gonna happen" to "what do I care? I still gotta feed my kids. Are they gonna feed my kids? Than I'm going to work"

I never gotten a response like "I'd go bat crazy and run around throwing poop at everyone"

I would be the same as you, sadly, the general populous doesn't react that way to change. Lets imagine for a second that intelligent life arrived and stated that they know for fact that we were created by something different to what religion believes to be true, can you imagine the back lash from that? There would be a massive uprising which would most likely involve the looting, pillaging and the other stuff I mentioned before.

It's all down to human nature I'm afraid

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I think both. . They were here before planting their seeds millions of years ago, they left to be re-discovered again by us . Call it natural cause of evolution!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

But what do you think of all the conversations on ATS prior to the advancement of satellites ? We talked about UFO's, AREA 51, Government Disclosures...then SCIENCE goes crazy looking for Aliens.....Seems strange....seems important....the conversation has switched...like they gave credit to some of our conversations...what do you think?

I think the ATS consensus is Science dominates the Alien research...What do any of think of this?? Why did Science take over Ufology? Did they discover something, recently?
edit on 5-2-2015 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Sounds like a lot of hopeful wishing.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

But Science..... stole UFO/Alien evidence from Ufology...this is true...

2nd

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: longy9999

Simple, the religious community simply wouldn't believe them or they were sent by the devil... I'm a Christian and I simply would ask for their data lol

I still don't buy it, we mostly all have families/jobs/friends to be worried about more than going crazy. World wide alien invasion than fine, but just aliens showing up or us seeing them, nah. When the Europeans came over to the new world did the native Americans go crazy? No they offered them some corn. Sure those "Aliens" didn't look THAT different but I think the general population would react fine.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

People have been theorising on aliens for years before ATS existed , Sci Fi has been popular since the dawn of movies , advancements in technology have allowed us to place ever better equipment in space and on other planets , the discoveries made by this equipment have allowed us to to change our ideas on the Galaxy and likelihood of other life within it.

As much as I'd like to credit ATS and its membership I don't see a link between us and recent discoveries , Ufology and science looking for ET life are two different things , one is scientific whilst the other is based largely on belief.

I look forward to the launch (if it ever happens) of the James Webb space telescope , that could really open our eyes.

edit on 5-2-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Don't you think it's weird??

It kind of goes in line that we don't know anything about them...You know UFO's...Some terrestrial creature playing tricks on us....seems more likely that Aliens visit us...and we have ghost weird beings that visit us.

But why this drive from Science to discover Aliens seem crazy...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

Don't you think it's weird??

It kind of goes in line that we don't know anything about them...You know UFO's...Some terrestrial creature playing tricks on us....seems more likely that Aliens visit us...and we have ghost weird beings that visit us.

But why this drive from Science to discover Aliens seem crazy...

Maybe the government thinks were ready to start getting some of the truth now, NASA recently said they reckon they would find life within 20 years, to me that's their way of saying 'we know its already there and were preparing to tell you the truth'.

The more this kind of thing gets into the media and such, and the more we get used to hearing about it, the lesser the blow will be when they turn around and say they've found something.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Why are you capitalising so many words? It's annoying to read.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

We need to quit putting faces, intentions etc on what will turn out to be billions of different types, kinds, sizes of aliens. Some are good, some not...some seek to share and help, others to dominate and conquer.

This whole discussion is so "off" it borders on stupidity and immaturity of being in denial.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join