It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isil is a frightening example that humankind hasn’t evolved very much

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It starts with our so-called leaders

They are evil, incompetent, wicked, ignorant, etc.

I’m not even dealing with politics here.

Any one country in this world will and can experience oppressive tyranny at any time by a group of mad human beings such as the unfortunate people facing Isil.

It could come from a government, from criminals, from revolutionaries, or other human interaction based on politics, war or a cult, or movement.

What happens is that for a period of time there are always innocents who through the vagaries of fate are subject to the madness of the human being run amuck with evil: the cult leader like Manson, Dave Quraish, Jim Jones, the political leader like a Hitler, a Mussolini, and today innocents are being tortured and murdered and oppressed by perhaps the most barbaric, religio-political movement since Genghis Khan, Isil.

Bottom line, at all times any of us are in peril of being thrown into the abyss and orbit of human oppression…and can become victims of such oppression where the only hope is intervention by other humans outside our environment.

So here we go again at another moral and spiritual crossroads of human degradation with this group known as Isil…

And what is this so called MODERN WORLD DOING?

NOTHING MUCH

Where’s the Goddam UN?

Have these leaders thought of convening an international force through the UN, to rid the world quickly of this humanitarian disaster?

This btw should include the mad dogs called Boko Haram...

IN ONE WEEK COULD THIS BE DEALT WITH IF THIS WORLD HAD THE WILL?

So please don’t give me anymore crap about the modern world that doesn’t burn people at the stake anymore or cut peoples heads off.

We are no different from the ancient savages

We have only evolved to being HYPOCRITES

As a human race we aught to be ashamed of ourselves

For we have again failed our fellow human being

We have failed the victims of Isil

As we have failed the past victims of tragedies like this

I am ashamed of being a human being

edit on 4-2-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

We are no different from the ancient savages

I am not so sure about that...we have the ability to destroy ourselves and the rest of the planet many times over...that's progress for ya

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

True but since we chose to go down that path we're fulfilling our "ancient savage" ancestors' wills

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

True this...they are likely quite impressed

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The Human Species may actually be devolving.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Its also a way of saying that man hasnt evolved at all .
What we were in the begining we will be at the end.
Sinners.

The only difference is our technology is better we can sin faster.
Sin on demmand.
And Murder by the millions at a time..................instead of just one at a time .

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Well it is much more complex than you paint it but here goes.

This kind of thing used to take place all over the world.

It is only happening in a few spots today, that is progress.

Just not fast enough for you, but progress moves at its own pace not yours.

As far as defeating Isis....Americans are tired of sending our men and women and spending our money on folks that don't like the help we give them.

And then after we train and arm so we can bring our people home after more than a decade.

The first thing they do is drop their weapons and run, to a smaller force with inferior weapons.

These people don't want to be free, they obviously love living like crap.

If they didn't they would have took their first actual chance in thousands of years to determine their own future.

The want a tyrant over them, dictating what they do, and raping killing and torturing all that don't comply instantly.

Of all the mideast only the eqyptians and the Kurds seem to have any sense.

Well turkey also at times.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

"The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity."
-George Bernard Shaw

A rare example of me humbly agreeing with you.

(tips the hat)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The world can do nothing at this point in time if the US fails to lead. Obama has no interest in leading a war. He should just step down and go golf fulltime.

Appeasement has failed and left the UN castrated more than ever.

The King of Jordan says they will run out of bullets and fuel fighting them, Obama's public address to him is to have a measured response. The King of Jordan would rather measure tonnage in ammo and fuel. What a loser we have, it is shameful.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

"The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity."
-George Bernard Shaw

(tips the hat)

Beezz...where have you been, we were just talking about you and wrabbit in a jokes thread yesterday.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell What's even sadder is that I cannot even dispute what you wrote. I'm afraid you may be right. I too would like to see some "leadership" on this, I mean the only way to deal with a bully is to stand up to a bully.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

-George Bernard Shaw

(tips the hat)

Thanks Beezer Im glad to hear that

For me when it comes to things like this politics fades into the sunset.

Great quote

edit on 4-2-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
The world can do nothing at this point in time if the US fails to lead. Obama has no interest in leading a war. He should just step down and go golf fulltime.

Appeasement has failed and left the UN castrated more than ever.

The King of Jordan says they will run out of bullets and fuel fighting them, Obama's public address to him is to have a measured response. The King of Jordan would rather measure tonnage in ammo and fuel. What a loser we have, it is shameful.

OK Jordan also...forgot to mention them in my above post.

Why not just send them half of DHS stockpile of ammo?

Like the IRS needs assault rifle ammo, that is what the police are for.

I can name many federal agencies that have billions of bullets between them that have no business having ammo to begin with.

Just send half to Jordan.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

I mentioned a UN coalition. Not a US intervention.

It would take a leader that would galvanize the others into action.

I’m afraid the present leaders of the world, particularly the American president, are devoid of leadership qualities or moral qualities sufficient to do the job that needs to be done

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Humankind has evolved fine enough.
"They" haven't evolved and have chosen to live in the middle ages. Thats fine by me but the problem is that they are going to prevent us from evolving further.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

It would take a John Kennedy, Roosevelt or Eisenhower. They had the stature, moral and political and wisdom to lead. Even the first Bush, who although isn’t anything like the others, did it in the first Iraqi war.

We’ve learned that Obama just doesn’t have the internal heart or mind to do this. It’s surprising because he did pretend very well when he was running that he had a strong intellect and moral base.

But its clearly not there.

I think he sat in the back of the room with Bush W smacking gum and throwing paper airplanes and spit balls in school

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

Who is " they"

Illuminati, devils, angels, gods, or elites

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

ISIL, ISIS, whatever, is nothing compared to Mexican drug cartel.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: infinityorder

I mentioned a UN coalition. Not a US intervention.

It would take a leader that would galvanize the others into action.

I’m afraid the present leaders of the world, particularly the American president, are devoid of leadership qualities or moral qualities sufficient to do the job that needs to be done

The UN will do little to nothing to help.

Think about Rwanda and the entire African region.

The UN doesn't do anything unless the US sends the majority of troops and air power.

China and Russia will sit it out like usual.

If the entire UN voted affirmative, and all states sent equal forces it would be a giant charlie foxtrot, as most nations outside the west and parts of the east are not much better off militarily than Isis is.

These are facts.

When was the last time the UN accomplished anything significant militarily without significant US military and funding?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I like you have been disgusted with mankind's imperfections for a long time. It seems we are evolving our intellect better than our emotions. Our emotions are still in the dark ages.

I'm very concerned with the world's governess as it relates to politicians. They just don't get it. I suspect many are physcopaths.

As bad as it seems in today's world may I suggest
you read a book by Steven Pinker. It's called "The Better Angel's of Our Nature". He provides his view point that mankind is less violent today then many many generations ago. Meaning fewer people are dieing due to violence. The information in the book may help you view mankind in a slightly better light.

That being said we have a very long way to go to evolve into a better kind of people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join