It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

past and present black secrets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

One of the very few times we had an F-16 deployment come in to Hickam nonstop from the East Coast, they had to use a hoist to get a couple of the pilots out of the cockpit. They pretty quickly started flying into Arizona or California and hopping from there.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'm pretty sure they didn't forget to put the loo in the B-2 as it was pretty obvious in the design phase that it was going to do some seriously long flights.

Of course correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure i once saw a bit of video from the cockpit of a B-2 showing them setting up the bed and the toilet was there to its left.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: murlock

The heavies all have a small lavatory for the crew.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks Zaph my memory is a little vague at times and its always nice to be correct

M.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Wow and I always thought that the seat in the F-16 was one of the comfiest out there! mind you saying that a seriously long flight really must take its toll on the pilots and crew. especially in single seaters where you cant sleep.

I guess that's why they have the "secret" pocket in an RAF flight vest for a little something something to keep you awake

Not sure if the US has the same "secret" pocket though?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

M&M's and Mentos? Mentos are the freshmaker after all.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

hmm iirc its not confectionery
after all if its supplied by the military then there really shouldn't be any sugar in it

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: boomer135

Ohhhh man so many words....funny how it seems to work, people inadvertently getting something right.

My money is on you my good man.

This is the kind of thing casual observers expect for their tax dollars:

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Fighters use piddle packs. It's a plastic bag with a dry sponge in it.

I cant remember whether it was SAS or SBS but I saw a documentary where people were failed in the selection process if they couldnt learn to hold their convenience breaks (number 2s I think) for 24 hours lol
edit on 5-2-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

OMG what a thing of pure beauty..... I think i just had a stirring in the gentleman's area

Also military ration packs have a way of of slowing down digestive transit in them reducing the need for inconvenient number 2's

Although a personal friend of mine who is ex logistics did get very much inconvenienced once in convoy in Iraq and had to resort to pooping under his trailer whilst under fire

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

On long helicopter flights we brought plastic bags, toilet paper and towelettes. In the Sea King you could put a bag over a sonobuoy tune and use it as a throne.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

That's a mental image that just makes me smile immensely

If that's not proof that necessity is the mother of invention then I'm not sure what is

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

It works fine as long as some smartassed LTJG. who shall remain nameless doesn't drop the collective. He thought that he was messing with me. He wasn't. The Skipper was not amused. That was 30 years ago and it still cracks us all up at reunions.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The Viper seat is one of the most comfortable in a fighter, but your only stretching is to slide the seat back and up. Sit in any position too long, and you'll stiffen up badly.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Bit off topic but we used to go hiking for a few days up to a mountain hut for fishing and beer. One of my mates hated having to dig a hole for no.2 and he had a record of 3 days without backing one out!

I always felt sorry for the McDonalds staff in Fort William in Scotland, it was our first stop with a toilet!

How long would the Tonkas fly to bomb Gadaffi? IIRC they flew one of the longest non stop raids for an RAF pilot (unless any flew in a B2).

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Bit off topic but we used to go hiking for a few days up to a mountain hut for fishing and beer. One of my mates hated having to dig a hole for no.2 and he had a record of 3 days without backing one out!

I always felt sorry for the McDonalds staff in Fort William in Scotland, it was our first stop with a toilet!

How long would the Tonkas fly to bomb Gadaffi? IIRC they flew one of the longest non stop raids for an RAF pilot (unless any flew in a B2).

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I don't know what they're feeding out guys in Afghanistan, but I can tell you that the guy that stayed with me right after he came back had the foulest flatulence...

As in, they should bottle it up and use it as a weapon. And here I was, always priding myself at the ability to clear a room. This man put my intestines to shame. SHAME I tell you.

I can't even imagine being crammed into one of the planes he was on on with a couple of other guys for 8 or more hours.
edit on 5-2-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

RAF pilots have been flying B-2s for many years. They have several MC qualified crew members. Not sure about AC qualified.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Are they still using provigil for go pills?

How embarrassing having to get hoisted out....seriously funny picture. I have Images of a cow dangeling from a helo but some poor guy stuck in a seated position dangeling in place of the cow.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I am proud to say that in my 2500 flight hours in a kc-135 I never once dropped a deuce on the jet...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: boomer135

Ohhhh man so many words....funny how it seems to work, people inadvertently getting something right.

*** pulling that pic seemed a little dramatic I thought that was a simi-known about thing,was it a 18 or 22 I forget now.

well be careful there. lol. nobody inadvertently got it right. the person who used the word wasnt talking about the aircraft at all. it was just a word he used in a random sentence.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join