It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your thoughts on this gun

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oaktree

originally posted by: Ex_MislTech

originally posted by: Violater1
You should test a Springfield XDM 9mm or 45 ACP.
a reply to: Daavin

Big fan of this one and the Glocks.

I have had Glocks for over 20 years now, for a reason.
You can score one for $100 and change more than you're looking to spend.
Trust me, you'll be glad you did.
Pull the trigger, it goes bang, every time.

Springfield's are right there too, however the difference in the grip is significant.
It's really a matter as to what feels "right" when you put them in your hand.

When I was younger, all I carried were Sig Sauers, mainly due to the hype..
Problem was, I couldn't hit nothing.

Great gun, poor fit FOR ME!!
Get out there, put some rounds downrange, ask lots of questions and do some research!
ATS has more knowledge stored up than one could imagine.

One more thing, have fun while you're researching!

They would be my recommendation as well.

Where are you finding Glocks for $100?

I'll buy as many as I can get my hands on for that price.

I think you may be exaggerating just a bit.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
You might find a VERY used subcompact for 200. Never 100 unless someone needs drug money bad.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I Have owned quite a few guns over the years and have several now. I would recommend finding a gun shop in your area with a shooting range. They usually don't mind letting a customer put a few rounds through some used handguns. Just be up front about your intentions and tell them you want to buy a gun but you want to try out some different styles, calibers, etc, so you can get one that feels right for you. Its not just how the gun feels in your hand, but how it kicks, how steady you are with it, how easy it is for you to sight your target and so on. If you have smaller hands you want a gun with a narrow grip and will probably be more comfortable with a smaller caliber. But you wont know unless you try a few different guns out.

My favorite hand guns are my Taurus PT-92 9mm, Ruger Blackhawk .357, and Smith .357. The revolvers have 6" barrels, one is a single action, one a double action. I recommend the Taurus very highly. I have owned many semi-automatic pistols and the Taurus is one of the best. Taurus and Beretta are the same company. If you are looking at a semi-auto I would say either a Taurus or a Glock. If you are looking for a revolver I would go with Ruger or Colt. You will pay for the name with Colt but they are good guns. Rugers have never given me a problem and I can always hold a good pattern with them. The GP-100 is a great gun. Its .357/.38 caliber, has a rubber lined grip to lessen the impact shock when firing, and has a fairly slim profile. If you are looking for self defense/home defense I would recommend staying in the mid caliber range. You don't want to go blasting at a bad guy with a .357 or a .44 in a crowded neighborhood. All you need is something to put a hole in the guy in your house, not the house across the street too.

In the end its all about the gun that feels right for you. Try a few different brands, models, calibers, whatever is available to you. Then you can make an informed decision based on your own experience rather than someone else's opinion.

Good luck and happy hunting.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
You might find a VERY used subcompact for 200. Never 100 unless someone needs drug money bad.

Police trade-ins sell for $300-$350 but that's about as cheap I can find one, typically.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Armslist.com there are some desperate people. Only problem it's like craigslist for guns. You have to meet them.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer
I wasn't claiming a Glock for $100, sorry if wasn't clear.

The o.p. stated he wanted opinions on guns in the $399 range.
I stated that he could get a glock for $100 and change "more than he was looking to spend", meaning he get a Glock for around $500+.

I was speaking about N.I.B. Glocks for $500 or so.

Wasn't trying to mislead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join