It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘We’re a little different in Florida’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Retired New York City police officer Rosemary Aquino accused sheriff’s deputies in Martin County, Florida of attacking her while visiting one of her sons following an auto accident, WPEC-TV reported on Tuesday.

Aquino’s older son, 27-year-old Jonathan Rosado, filmed her argument with deputies after being handcuffed on Sunday near the scene of the accident.

“NYPD, I know my rights,” Aquino says while laying facedown in a grassy area.

“We’re a little different in Florida,” one deputy replies.

This is rich, cops harassing ex-cop .
Sorry guys not sure why link was not klikable.
www.rawstory.com...
edit on 4-2-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
two years ago, i was back home, in sicily.
Me and a few old friends went out to a nearby town, on the way back, we decided to take internal roads and avoid the highway to get home faster. those roads are used by many people, including drug mules.
The Carabinieri stopped us (think of them as military police) and asked to inspect the car for drugs.
When we were out of the car (it was winter) they had us take off our jackets to check them. Once they finished, one of them said "You guys better put your jackets back on, it's freezing"
We all said goodbye and went home.

If that happened in america they would have probably had us strip butt naked for their amusement, and still put a knee on our neck for whatever reason.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I've been to Florida a few times.
They are a little funny. Not funny "Ha ha."
I pray I never have to cross that border again.
Louisiana is just as bad.
There are a lot of bodies that will never be found in those swamps and the gators are fat.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Hey maybe they are a little different in Florida, at least they didn't shoot her. I can't feel any sympathy, I wonder how many she has cuffed. Anyway I have a sort of poetic justice feeling about this.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

They also criminalize people feeding the homeless in Florida. Go Dolphins!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

we don't know what happened before the camera began filming.
as a rule the police don't just arrest people for no reason. police just don't draw their weapons for no reason. i'm all for accountability, but to say that the officers involved mishandled this situation is a bit of a reach.

there was an accident, the police were called, the police have to secure the crime scene.

who knows what these people did to earn the reaction they did.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
She's lucky the cops didn't beat the crap out of her or her son or shoot them. Those are the a hole type cops that I can't stand.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Mandatory at this stage : Floridaman

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Guten Tag- Mornin Y'all from Flori-DUH!! Home of the Gov. who spends $72M of"His own $$$" (that He pilfered from the State of Alabama in a healthcare 'scheme'...) for a job that pays $137k/yr. M is worth more than K's.. If the Southern States have a Gov. conference in Alabama the current Gov. from Flori-DUH cannot attend due to a "stay away order" for the aforementioned healthcare fraud...

If You want to really see what is going on.. Look for a county that has a private business running their jails, then look at the Jail Booking log and see how many folks are now being "booked" as opposed to being "cited and released" (released in the field with a PTA (promise to appear) Each time a person is booked the County pays a "booking fee".

Some #s to mull over:
Prison Industries is a $3B (B's are worth even more than Ms) a year industry.
93%+ of those incarcerated are there on a "plea bargain"

namaste

Medically retired cop
Proud Member of LEAP™

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

as a rule the police don't just arrest people for no reason. police just don't draw their weapons for no reason.

That depends on what a person calls 'reason'. Average people and police seem to often differ on the definition.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Used to live there for numerous years back in the 80s and 90s, I only had one good experience with an older Deputy who was about to retire and many LEO there seem to want to cuff you just to interact with you. Don't ask how many times i've looked down the business end of a pistol as one got out of their car or walk toward me, lost count.

Florida isn't fun, try to avoid it.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Similar thing happened to me in Thailand - only when we got our belongings back they were full of drugs. Unfortunately this wasn't a friendly gift, it was indeed an unfriendly set up. Just one of many run ins with Thai police

EDIT: They don't kill people but they do kill your wallet.
edit on 4-2-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

as a rule the police don't just arrest people for no reason. police just don't draw their weapons for no reason. i'm all for accountability, but to say that the officers involved mishandled this situation is a bit of a reach.

there was an accident, the police were called, the police have to secure the crime scene.

Police secure a " crime scene" when there is a crime.

An accident, is not a crime period, it is a accident.

Don't pretend to know law if you don't know basic things like this.

Without a crime there is no crime scene.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'll agree with subfab. We do not know enough to know what really happened. Retired cops can be jerks too, especially if they get drunk.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

i never stated that i know the law.

any time police are called they don't know what to expect. traffic accident could have injured people, drunk drivers, and who knows what else. police have to keep the "scene of the accident" free from by standers in order for all emergency personnel to aid those who need it. they would also need to understand what happened to file an accurate report. if this event goes to court an accurate account of what they see, hear and determine is important.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Germany and Florida... the two centers of weirdness on this world.

If someone is getting eaten alive in public, it will be in one of those two places. ... and the women scare me... truly.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Seems her I am a cop card was declined.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Certainly can understand that statement on Florida. I will also say the same for Ohio, New York, California, Virginia, Pennsylvania. Different states different laws and ways to handle them.
I'm even going to bust this down a little farther. Precincts are also different in the same state.

Jump on Florida all you want dealt with these police several times and had no trouble mostly. Cops have always treated me ok because I give them respect for doing their job. A job I really wouldn't want.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Here in Oklahoma we had a steroid head cop choke out an ambulance driver
who had a patient with a heart attack going on the way to the hospital.

Also here we had a deputy dawg taser an 80 year old woman in her bed
in a nursing home because he said " She had a hostile posture in the bed"

So while Florida cops are bad, they are not the only ones by a long shot.

In California they cuffed some black kid, then shot him in the back and killed him
after he was cuffed....

Some of the cops need a bit better psych profiling.

To me it almost seems like they profile for nut jobs.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

Who said it was for no reason? Sometimes they arrest you for resisting arrest, like that lawyer recently.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join