It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallup CEO: "America's 5.6% Unemployment Is One Big Lie"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Shiloh7, I think what you are describing is exactly what is supposed to be going on with The Efficiencies of Scale and Automation brought about by us nearing The End of our Fourth Industrial Revolution (The Computer/Robotic/Bio-Med). We are getting to the point through computers and mechanization of needing fewer and fewer workers to actually do the same or increase output of a product or service. This should naturally bring about Deflation or Dis-Inflation due to To the Increasing productivity of the remaining workers needed to perform any tasks to optimize profits for the entity controlling these enterprises (Instead prices are being artificially propped higher by diverting these windfalls to a few people who hoard these excess profits from being shared as a benefit by the rest of society). IOW, You are correct in your assessment of a rather bleak future for new workers/immigrants trying to join a workforce that will need less and less workers as we progress into the future. That is unless we have another Major New Industrial Revolution, that a large number of people can ride The Employment Bubble on The Upswing. Thanks for your Reply and Stay Warm there in The UK
Shavedfish. a reply to: Shiloh7

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Unemployment isn't measured any differently under Obama than any other President, yet somehow he's lying and hiding things?

Is there no end to the dishonesty people will go to to attack Obama?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
You are a Rare Individual ownbestenemy and I commend you. We need more like you in Gov and maybe some more David Stockmans as well. Thanks for your reply
Shavedfish a reply to: ownbestenemy

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Unemployment isn't measured any differently under Obama than any other President, yet somehow he's lying and hiding things?

Fair enough; but even with the supposed claims, we have higher unemployment overall under the current administration and extended into the previous (I claim no love for the policies of President Bush)...

Unemployment...

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: shavedfish

We all believe in an incentive based economy, but the system is rigged completely by the rich. They have too much wealth, power, influence over the legal and political systems. They can use that wealth and power to never be held accountable for any of their actions.

Taxes need to be raised on them to over 70% again. They have reduced everybody else to their wage slaves. This disparity MUST come to end and never be allowed to happen again.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

It is not an attack on him, he does not release the unemployment numbers,
some other cog in the machine does that over at the dept. of labor, etc etc...

He might ask them to try to skew it, but they have to come up with ways to
do that and it was going on well before Obama took office.

They were lying about it under "shrub" as well, aka bush.

The Shadowstats website uses the governments own numbers that are
"back paged" to show they are using word games to hide the real numbers.

The actual number of working age adults who are not working is near 92 million.

Working age adults not in labor force @ 92 million

The actual number of recent grads who are either not working or working a
joe job because they can't find one related to their degree is 53%.

53% of recent college grads are under employed or unemployed

When 80% of the entire population is in poverty, the reality is much worse then
what the "operation mockingbird" media and government is telling us.

80% of US living in or near poverty.

Operation Mockingbird - CIA running the media

When a reporter won't follow the orders of the CIA they kill them, such was the case with
Michael Hastings.

Michael Hastings murdered by the government

This is not a one off event, many other people have been killed by elements in the government
such as JFK, RFK, MLK, Terrence Yeakey, Pat Tillman, John Lennon, Vince Foster, etc etc....

48 Bank$ter$ silenced in past 24 months

In my humble opinion, when dealing with a nation filled with lies, the last place you want to
go looking for the truth is the "ministry of truth" aka the government.

This is not a new thing, it was going on long before Barry Soetoro took office.

Barry is just the PR guy, the scapegoat for what the puppet masters are making
the compromised government due on their behalf.

Hillary explains....

Hillary saying CFR tells the government what to do

The CFR is not part of the government, and was built by the Rockefellers.

In a similar vein other "round table groups" tell the politicians what to do such as
Bilderberg, Club of Rome, and others...

One man summed all this up best in my opinion.

Truth is Treason in the empire of Lies ~ Ron Paul.

edit on 4-2-2015 by Ex_MislTech because: link

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Evidently this guy is misinterpreting the numbers. Our government of honest and respectable politicians would not lie to us about something so crucial. Maybe it is just that people do not understand the figures and the way they hide things. In the minds of politicians the unemployment rate is 5.6% and that is what we have to believe. If you were to successfully spread rumors that it is really 4.5% you may find your eligible for a job in Washington at the White house.

So don't believe this guy, his figures do not contain the necessary corrections that our fake economy needs and our government wants. If enough people believe the government's deception then the Economy will work out fine for another year. Don't worry about that big national debt either, worry about quitting smoking and getting your flu shot.

i love sarcasm works for me everytime

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I dont know the numbers, but im sure canada fakes the numers for unemployed workers, back east i have alot of university graduted friends with big store jobs making enough just money to cover rent,utilities,food, and the lucky ones enough to afford a used car.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
I dont know the numbers, but im sure canada fakes the numers for unemployed workers, back east i have alot of university graduted friends with big store jobs making enough just money to cover rent,utilities,food, and the lucky ones enough to afford a used car.

All governments skew the numbers because they want you to think you need them.

It shocks most people to find out one of the most hazardous things to your health is government.

262 million dead in last century at the hands of their own government "OUTSIDE" of war.

Democide - death by your government

The Nihilistic Neo-Malthusian death cult has been puppeteering the governments for a long long time,
and this is the end result.

Here in the US some of the preventable deaths is the fact they know Round up in the food and water
is killing people.

Some others would be the GMO corn syrup link to diabetes, and the fact that most of the corn syrup
has mercury in it and same for the vaccines via Thiomersal.

Then we go to the point of them making up over 24 different names for MSG, to make sure to
keep it in the food supply when its linked to cancer and diabetes.

Then we can move onto BPA gender bending fish, a known endocrine disruptor, then replaced
due to public awareness campaign with BPS, which is basically the same damn thing thus
when you read BPA free its basically a bad joke.

The Bovine excrement is just being piled higher and deeper.

They even started sneaking GMO's into the Organic food stores supply chain....

Evil is alive and well, and operation paperclip has born the fruit of its madness.

This is the ultimate evil that Orwell tried to warn us about, the herd management
metaphor he tried to explain via Animal Farm.

edit on 4-2-2015 by Ex_MislTech because: spelling

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
When it comes to unemployment there are many different filters installed through legal terms that gives you the small percentage of the unemployed. Now I don't know if this list is true or not, but for some reason these categories come up alot when filling out a background check. Especially a 10 year background check.

Homelessness.
Age.
disability.
Termination.
Acquited.
Temp.
Academic.
Retired.
Independent contractor.
and... most of it reflects active job seekers.

If you want to get a better score for the unemployed population you must have them submitting applications. And they must go through state workforce centers, or government jobsites. Not Craigslist emails or private company functions. You have to use their # to get them to notice you. The number will never change unless you use their battlefield. But the problem with some of the groups within those categories don't know this.

In my locale, along with the crowd I was with when I became homeless, seems to put the number of jobless people Near 250. I have kept in contact with some people in the various temp agencies I still use to find out that no work is available.

So continue to use state workforce centers and government websites to improve the accuracy of the unemployed.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I think unemployment numbers are wrong in most countries. It wouldn't really make sense for any government to willingly admit how bad their economic system was really doing, instead, they have systems in place that obscure the entire thing to the point where nobody knows for sure anymore.

Where I live it is no difference, and what is worse is they even prop up the job offering numbers, which makes the whole thing even more bizarre, since they supposedly have so many open positions, but also a lot of people that apparently can't manage to find a job. Turns out, most of those "open positions" are long filled but remain in databases, etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The problem with unemployment is that the reporting numbers are flawed. For one you the official unemployment number you usually see is the U3, but the U3 doesn't take into account the entire situation. There are actually SIX unemployment numbers. each with its own demographics of unemployment. U6 is the highest, but you can't really say that one is entirely accurate either.

The only thing I can say for sure is that every unemployment number has been dropping since Obama has been in office. But if the numbers are flawed, that may mean nothing.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
There is a thread on here about IBM cutting thousands of jobs last week:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The article states over 100,000 losing their jobs and that's probably not right but this year IBM will not say how many are being laid off.

My brother got laid off from them in October and his co-workers have recently gotten lay off notices, too.
edit on 4-2-2015 by texasgirl because: sentence correction

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Yep texasgirl, I read the article about IBM laying off something like 110,000 US Workers. I think the gist of it in the end was that IBM was doing Job Realignment, Laying Off Workers in The US and Hiring a Similar Number of People in India. Plus add to that the H1B Visa Guest Worker Thing and you can see where this leads. Arjunanda a reply to: texasgirl

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: arjunanda
Yep texasgirl, I read the article about IBM laying off something like 110,000 US Workers. I think the gist of it in the end was that IBM was doing Job Realignment, Laying Off Workers in The US and Hiring a Similar Number of People in India. Plus add to that the H1B Visa Guest Worker Thing and you can see where this leads. Arjunanda a reply to: texasgirl

Actually it was going to be 110,000 from their global work force.

IBM came out and said it was not true, but plenty of workers have posted
online saying they were cut and lots of co-workers were cut.

The number may not be as high as the story claimed, but it is definitely
not a small lay off based on reactions on multiple message boards.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

It isn't measured differently. It's reported differently. For example, they still count me as underemployed, but they don't count the underemployed as unemployed like they used to in the Bush Administration. I've been stuck working part-time and looking for full-time work for the last 6 years, ever since I lost my full-time job.

My sister is the same way. She's landed full-time work a couple times, but each time that job lasts no more than a few months before it gets closed down and she's out of work again.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: shavedfish

So, the best way to understand the true state of jobs in this nation (or any nation) is to ignore official reports from any agency and watch how the numbers of the poor multiple across various fields that the poor turn to for support. In the US, the major place they flock is too various food stamp programs, food banks, free clinics. Next, check homeless figures and crime rates. What better way to know that money is in short supply in those people's lives and the real state of the country?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Pretty much. If this were the Depression Era, we'd see shanty towns springing up under overpasses and stuff, but these days the government subsidizes people so that we don't have to see them in their poverty. While we can argue this is a good thing for those people, it does serve the twofold purpose of hiding the true magnitude of the problem from the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Nothing weird about that. We have no income tax, and a lot of the frakking is happening around here. Look to where oil has increased since 2009. Most of that new oil is coming out of Texas.

You'll see people following jobs, and corporate headquarters and regional offices are moving into Texas for the tax break, and the cheap overall rates of establishing/operating in this state.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Unemployment especially in young people is ridiculously high and even if you can get a job its a slap in the face. I'm one of the lucky ones with a stem degree and make twelve bucks an hour. I know lots of college grads working in fast food and unskilled labor.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join