It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Dying Seeing Family that Passed Away

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I had an uncle that took me with him when he was dying so I could see it for myself, at least as far as I could stretch it.

So it's sort of backwards, in that it's family seeing loved ones passing away. But maybe it counts, I dunno.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Hi Bedlam

Interested to hear more.

a reply to: Bedlam

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: selfharmonise
Hi Bedlam

Interested to hear more.

a reply to: Bedlam

Well, some years ago, I had an uncle (Mom's brother-in-law) who had been exposed to defoliants for years in VN as an ordnance loader for the AF, the returning spray planes would just dump the Agent Orange they had left over the end of the runway and they'd end up soaked.

He got to middle age and started popping out in cancers. Not just one sort, he'd get two or three at a whack. Went into remission from chemo and radiation about three times, would pop back up with a different sort of cancer the next time. Finally decided to throw the towel in and do hospice at home and get it over with.

Talked to him a few times while he was still in pretty good shape, as neither of us was really sure what happened after, but I was pretty sure it was lights out the end roll the credits.

One morning about 0200, I woke up into what seemed like a dream (I know, it doesn't make sense). I was wide awake but where I was wasn't rational. Uncle Frank and I were in this...place...I'm not sure how to describe. He said "I'm dying, and I thought I'd grab you and take you along as far as you can go, so you can see it too" and off we went.

We got to a certain point and I just couldn't go any farther, and he said "Guess I'm not dead yet...still got this connection, we'll cut it together and you can watch me go on from here". We both had a sort of tie going back along the way we had come, but his was a lot thinner and starting to fray, so we started snapping it together, and when we finished he shot along the way and left me there.

I started falling back along the way we came and suddenly woke a second time in my bedroom, rolled over and said to the old lady "Frank just passed", picked up the phone and started calling family. I hit a couple that had just been called by my aunt, and he had, in fact, just died. I didn't have any doubt about it, though.

I can see why people describe it as a tunnel with a light at the end, but it wasn't that at all. There was a definite tendency to see things in familiar terms, though, which made it very dream-like, but if so, it was the most lucid dream I've ever had, because I was wide awake as far as I could tell and recall the whole thing start to finish.

I know, it's completely subjective and there won't be pics. But that's what I remember.
edit on 23-2-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join