It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vermont’s New Latin motto; ignorant bigots bash Latinos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This really is just madness - ignorant bigoted, unthinking and stupid madness!!

the article says it is "conservatives" losing their rag, but I think my thread title says it better!

An eighth grade student studying Latin asked Vermont Senate Leader Joe Benning to introduce a bill to give the state a Latin motto.

The motto “Stella quarta decima fulgeat” which translates to “May the fourteenth star shine bright,” was suggested.

Naturally, Conservative lost their # because those danged ferriners in Latino countries are not going to take their country, dammit.

-Article - includes various links

some of the comments from facebook:

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

That's hilarious! I didn't know they spoke Latin in Mexico! LOL! Things like this convince me that my decision not to join Facebook was a wise one.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I wonder if these conservative intellectuals know that latin words are engraved in our dollar bills?

E Pluribus unum

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
I wonder if these conservative intellectuals know that latin words are engraved in our dollar bills?

E Pluribus unum

Well 1$ got a pyramid too and those are Mexicans

I'm just going to think this is a clear example of poe's law and most of the comments are actually by smart people

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
LOL

Yeah, I read this last night. I was laughing so hard I almost coughed to death. still recovering!

You could certainly make the point that there are some really, really stupid liberals and democrats around, but...

Why is it always the republicans/conservatives amongst us that jump to conclusions like this? I keep telling people that fox news makes people dumb. I stand by that, after this.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well ain't this a load of snip.

So instead bigots bash conservatives eh.

Pot meet kettle.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Pot meet kettle.

LOL It's because these conservatives are so stupid. You don't think these people are retarded? I'm an independent, so I can make fun of everyone!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Well... What can you say about that?

I suppose it serves the American vernacular right for being stupid enough to refer to both a dead language, and an entire, disparate group of nationalities as Latin.

Here is an idea, how about only referring to the language as Latin, and do people the courtesy of referring to them either as individuals, or as persons from a specific nation, rather than under possibly the most idiotically broad description that has ever been applied to a human being?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Pot meet kettle.

LOL It's because these conservatives are so stupid. You don't think these people are retarded? I'm an independent, so I can make fun of everyone!

I hate to break it to some people but the left isn't as smart as they think themselves to be.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Why do we use Latin motto's anyway? Think of it? Why still use this dead language? Is this the tongue of our creator.... that, sociopathic, psychotic, reject from a technologically advanced alien civilization. An escapee making leg bail from a cosmic forensic psych ward. Don't worry, the Federation has dispatched hospital staff with a restraint bed and psychotropics.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No they're not. They fell for Obama, Obamacare, the "it's not a war it's a..a..mission of peace", amnesty, "You didn't build that." not to mention the Clintons, Kennedys, Cuomo, Sheldon Silver, over regulated schools, the loss of American jobs.

Of course it is Bush's fault.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think the " I don't speak ATHIEST" got me the most.

These guys really need to take a look around if they have problems with latin.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I know!

Hell just ask liberals what they think of rich people,gun owners,business owners, and my personal favorite: Isreal.

Only they believe their own hype in their tolerance.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Pot meet kettle.

I hate to break it to some people but the left isn't as smart as they think themselves to be.

Right, but we're talking about the outrage of the right and this one issue. So much misplaced outrage here, just like most conservatives that get whipped up to a frenzy by American traitors like Limbaugh and Hannity and their ilk.

Probably 100% of these people outraged by this announcement, and there where hundreds of them, were all conservatives or republicans.

What does that tell you?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
LATINS! GO BACK TO ROME!!!! LoL!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Yo let he who without sin cast the first stone.

Go by that there should be nothing, but effing silence.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Pot meet kettle.

Wait....what?????

Pot meet kettle.

Oh....nevermind. Its just partisan deflection.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Can you lead us the way in that thought process neo?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I know!

Hell just ask liberals what they think of rich people,gun owners,business owners, and my personal favorite: Isreal.

Only they believe their own hype in their tolerance.

So I'm independent but do lean left on a lot of issues, most notably Gay rights and the environment.

I believe everyone should own guns, but with responsible background checks. I love rich people, I intend to be one one day. I love business owners, I am one. I have big problems with Israel. We have to protect Israel, but we can't let them commit this slow genocide of the Palestinian people. War crimes and human rights. What else do you have on your agenda.

Oh, yeah these conservative retards that think latin phrases which we have on all kinds of American currency, buildings and everything else. Doesn't bother you how stupid conservatives are?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Miss the TOPIC ?

Can't get any more partisan that it.

Gee I wonder what the definition of BIGOT is ?

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

www.merriam-webster.com...

Pot calling the kettle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join