It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why that "higher purpose" is giving you a headahce.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I've had that dream idea for nearly nearly two years now.

I thought it wouldn't work for a while, but then recently it occurred to me it could work and now I'm getting back on it. I'm not doing this because of selfish personal reasons or whatever. I'm doing it to help the planet and all sentient beings living on it in whatever way i can without limiting self beleifs about what i can acheive by persuing this dream idea.
Amyway in restarting this during a conversation with a friend, I think i finally realized something that is one of those deep things youve known all along, but never truly reflected on or have an understanding of.. What I realised is I sometimes find it overwhelming, thinking of myself fulfilling a higher purpose, and I think so do most people..
But the problem is knowing the world problems and feeling great empathy for it. For some its impossible to see all the suffering out there and not want act. I think i am one of those people. But often it is accompanied by a feeling of powerlesness. The more i look into myself the more i find examples of times that has been absent though, and the overwhelming sentiment is actually triggered by some external factor I can switch off like a radio broadcasting unsettling messages. What it feels like to not have a feeling pf ppwerless ness caused by external unsettling messages is what can only be described as magnetic force that is pulling me toward fulfilling that higher destiny / purpose. I don't mean religiously compelled, I mean righteously compelled. Like it has an almost magnetic like quality.

But after much more contemplation, my intuition tells me a great deal of the time, when people are thinking that they are workong for a higher purpose they are actually stopping themselves from being able to complete their work because they have over estimated their ability to cope with that sentiment, as the sentiment in reality becomes their own surreptitious ego seeking glory and fame for itself. Its similar to the external unsettling messages i felt, because in a way ego is just an external concept of the higher self but its a little bit different because it is also a feeling of self centredness..
It gradually becomes more and more of an overwhelming obstacle to the original aims.
And the true self clinging to that sentiment of fulfilling the higher purpose, misses the simple joy of actually getting things done, and thus it leaves many feeling empty rather than fullfilled and they give up on their work because even in spite of initial best intentions and despite perhaps many situations where they put their backs in, the initial involvement of ego, has sadly corrupted and shadowed the whole project every step of the way.
Students and young people i think are big victims of this. In their naivety they acceptate untold levels of absurdity about life and the world and their future role in that world, and hope that somewhere down the line it will miraculously work itself out. For some, maybe it will, but not for the majority. Students, unlike adults, cant just leave school and their goals. Adults on the other hand usually have more liberty ans are free to give up their project at any time. So students are fighting it everyday and u will find that internal battle more fierce in schools and colleges than anywhere else in society (IMO). Students have expectations placed in them by almost everyone. The whole society will be judging them by what they achieve in those few years. Its seems to me to be more draining and trumatic to go through for them than adults who have only their own expectations and can quit their projects any time. An adult though may be left with more regret than the students, if they quit. It depends on their attitudes I guess. But perhaps adults are more prone to thoughts of regret than student, because they choose to put effort into a project out of free will, and were not forced unlike many students, so they may take it more personally which might be the reason why adults generally are more cynical and give up interest in supporting ethical causes or dream projects more than students, after one or many failures. I think thats because unrealistic expectations we put on ourselves probably cause far more regret when they are not fulfilled than when its other peoples, but this also depends on the relationship. In all expectations sure do suck, because its that overwhelming sentiment they come with that we think we can cope with that wears our ability to get the task done down. The task in question may be asbolutely acheiveable, but as soon as we accept expectations that come with sentiments that are over time a burden we loose our way and become incapacitated by our own surreptitious ego. From a long long distance, I don't know the moon or something, the strain of the dishonesty we put ourselves under is a marvel. But up close and personal, when seen in our daily lives, that internal blindness that binds to an inevitable tragedy touches on a raw nerve of our common humanity and I think everyone can relate to it. So, hopefully by understanding when you remove those doubts, reject sentiments that appeal to the ego, and let go of all expectations, the goals you have and the work required to acheive them should become a lot easier. But a word of caution, if these goals are self centred, expect suffering and failure in your life, even if you dont consider yourself a self centred person generally.

I just thought I should share my thoughts, in case it helps anyone.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If we can steer consciousness of the masses a little in the right direction subtly it might change the way things go in the future. The trouble is if you try to force people, they go the other way if it is against what they believe. Hopefully what I say in the world will someday bring upon a change, even if it is in a hundred years and I am dead. I do not worry about getting credit for this, I just want to see people less dependent on the corrupt systems out there.

If I can somehow initiate one good path of positive change, I will be satisfied. I will have fulfilled my purpose.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The trouble is if you try to force people, they go the other way if it is against what they believe. 

Yeah, but people are forced into things that go against their beliefs all the time. After a while i suspect that for many people, they simply stop resisting out of exhaustion, and get dragged along by crowds of automatons.

And then they wake up, 10 years later thinking what happened.
Idk.

Its good to want to help people change for the better

edit on 3 2 15 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The "higher purpose" doesn't stifle people from "completing work", no it is the relentless surveillance, the gangstalking, it is the monitoring devices built into nearly all consumer electronics and of course the countless number of agents on the internet, like yourself.

So please redirect this rant against "higher purpose" to the actual cause of the problem, government surveillance and gangstalking.

So go tell whatever secret government stumblebums to go pound sand. I'm not worried, I will deal the final blow to their surveillance this weekend, (oh, don't worry it does not involve any type of violence), so to all you agents, say goodbye to scrappy.
edit on 3-2-2015 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
To influence the masses, all you need to do is be the person telling the talking heads on CNN, MSNBC, and FOX what to report on and what to say. Most people believe anything if it comes from the "news".

Also, just look at marketing for useless products on television. Companies can get people all worked up and into a frenzy over products they don't even want -- the advertisements will convince you that you need it and want it...NOW.

The power of propaganda is strong...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Ah but i don't own a TV so it cant infect my dreams

Actually i do own a TV, but its in my big brothers room.

I get your point. The propoganda IS strong, but really psychological expectations put on society by members of ones own family or by onesself are even stronger. And propoganda onky works if you alllow it to. If you have strong enough princples and convictions, sure they may still be very concerning, but in terms of how it affects YOU psychologically, its water off a ducks back

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: deloprator20000
The "higher purpose" doesn't stifle people from "completing work", no it is the relentless surveillance, the gangstalking, it is the monitoring devices built into nearly all consumer electronics and of course the countless number of agents on the internet, like yourself.

So please redirect this rant against "higher purpose" to the actual cause of the problem, government surveillance and gangstalking.

So go tell whatever secret government stumblebums to go pound sand. I'm not worried, I will deal the final blow to their surveillance this weekend, (oh, don't worry it does not involve any type of violence), so to all you agents, say goodbye to scrappy.

Like yourself? I'm not an agent . . . . . .
Good luck with that mission impossible. But that's really not what but threads about. If you want to talk about surveillance and gangstalkng you can find plenty of threads in the general conspiracies or grey area forums.
And no its not a rant, it's a phlisophical introspection that i shared to help anyone who may benefit from what I have come to understand about the human condition through personal observations.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I feel in my own opinion life ceases to exist without a purpose, well real life doesn't anyway.
To have a reason for waking up in the morning and a goal to move towards. These goals could be small or large it doesn't really matter but without a goal it gets difficult to find the motivation for anything. Even without a self purpose that we think of, we do still find a reason to stay alive its a tough instinct our survival however humans seem to be the only ones capable of suicide. Most depression IMO is a sign of the times, not having a purpose, an internal struggle to do what one wants to do, a feeling of hopelessness. We have been conditioned over many years to feel if one man cannot change something, which is historically incorrect because its happened a lot of times, we feel as a people that our childhood dreams are not achievable and are steered towards paths we didn't chose to take by those around us, whether society or even our loved ones. We are compelled that suicide is not an option because it is selfish etc. Should this not be someones own choice, the freedom of themselves to choose what they are to do? Not that I condone suicide, my apologies if you got that impression I think there is a lot out there if people wanted to look at, mysteries that need to be solved and treasures needing to be found and I am not kidding. If you desire something enough, you will find a way to achieve what you internally desire. The hardest part of this is actually figuring out what it is you desire. Sometimes it seems so out of touch with reality that we do not want to admit it to ourselves, whether perverse taboo or outlandish dreams. But whatever the way, if the world was truly free, you should be able to chase those dreams.
I am a man on a mission, I have dreams, they are huge. Will I reach them? Well, I am optimistic no matter how unlikely. Everything else, to be honest really doesn't matter. Money, doesn't matter to me, nor does status in the traditional sense only because I think the world is so broken that the current paradigm of status is also broken. When you really break it down, nothing really matters at all in the great scheme of things. We all die, time is infinite and whether you are remembered for 3 minutes or 3000 years, as a fraction of infinite they are but infinitely small. You cannot be remembered forever even if you tried. But here we are, every day I wake up and I am me, I want to do what I want to do, I want other people to allow me to do what I want to do. I want to help people.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

May I suggest something here Funk?

I was pulled into your thread because of your title. Interesting. However.

I wanted to read your thread but just could not. You see my mind is wired to punctuation. Proper sentence structure and paragraph building. As my eyes come to the end of a line at the right side of the page, they must then tract back to the left side, skip down one line and continue reading. This takes only a second or two and hopefully does not take my mind off what I am reading.

When our thoughts are paragraphed in a way as to avail the mind to easily locate that next line of printing it is not so easy to get lost. But when there are no paragraphs, well, the eye often misses the line that comes next, often skipping two lines or even skipping back and re-reading the line it has just finished.

Now, if what is being read is not of any real import, that is if it is just filler material, like descriptive phrases, then who cares. But if what is being read is offering new, or fuller understanding of a concept, then this becomes a real problem for the reader. Especially if the reading is being done on a devise that if tilted in one way or the other making reading even more of a struggle.

When we write, especially when we write from the tops of our heads, that is, not just putting down repetitive thoughts, but fresh thoughts as they come to us, it is difficult for our fingers to keep up with the ideas as they flow from our minds. Slowing down to punctuate fully and to arrange those thoughts in paragraphs can slow us down even further, ending the flow of thoughts as they occur. Hence a tendency to just ignore them. And hence what might be considered an insult to the reader.

Our fresh thoughts are fragile things and can evaporate like water on a hot sidewalk. Getting them down in print can, in many cases, only catch a fraction of them before the steam away to memory. By the time the next person comes along to read them they have already lost some of their import just through the action of typing and reading.

Reading is one thing. But it is like skimming the surface of the writers mind. In reading concepts such as you present here, a reader can hope to be caught up with not only the words but the sense of it that the writers mind was in, and hopefully attune the readers mind to it, and hence,hopefully grasp the fuller intent of the writer. When our monkey brains have to struggle to even keep from getting lost in the middle of a long long paragraph, this attunment with the author is next to impossible. That is if you are as challenged as I am.

In wanting to share our thoughts, getting them down to the page is one thing, and very important. Going back and editing them as to make the fullest presentation for the benefit of the readers, and the benefit of the thoughts themselves is also very important.

Hopefully you will not take this as a grammar police report but in the spirit of furthering our ability to communicate those higher and fresher things we want to share.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Judgie

I feel in my own opinion life ceases to exist without a purpose, well real life doesn't anyway.

For me its the opposite, life ceases to exist when you are purpose too purpose driven to the pont where life seems not worth living without one, even conceptually, you are cutting yourself off from the simple truth that life needs no reason to be lived, and needs no higher purposes to be fulfilled.

To have a reason for waking up in the morning and a goal to move towards. These goals could be small or large it doesn't really matter but without a goal it gets difficult to find the motivation for anything.
Thats because, if yo look at the culture, it is driven by selfishness, instead of selflessness. A sucessfull life by consensus of the capitalist zeitgeist is judged to be one of material gain and self promotion, and other accomplishments such keeping good company, not buying unethical products, being helpful to the helpless, are seen as secondary to ones personal material "success".

Even without a self purpose that we think of, we do still find a reason to stay alive its a tough instinct our survival however humans seem to be the only ones capable of suicide. Most depression IMO is a sign of the times, not having a purpose, an internal struggle to do what one wants to do, a feeling of hopelessness. We have been conditioned over many years to feel if one man cannot change something, which is historically incorrect because its happened a lot of times, we feel as a people that our childhood dreams are not achievable and are steered towards paths we didn't chose to take by those around us, whether society or even our loved ones.
Actually there is a historical precedent for the impotence of the individual in society. I'm not saying its because the individual is impotent, on the contrary, I'm saying its the belief that is passed down from one generation to the next that sets that precedent in our communities.

If you desire something enough, you will find a way to achieve what you internally desire. The hardest part of this is actually figuring out what it is you desire. Sometimes it seems so out of touch with reality that we do not want to admit it to ourselves, whether perverse taboo or outlandish dreams. But whatever the way, if the world was truly free, you should be able to chase those dreams.
Exactly, bu the world is free enough that dreams can be persued, and lived, its just what exactly those dreams consist of, and what feeling we have towards them will determine all outcomes. In essence if younhave a dream, if it up to you to fulfill those dreams, not the world. Yet, that does not mean it will not still cause us suffering, especially if they are self centred.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Hmm, thanks for the advice.
Its true, I am pretty bad at typing fresh ideas and constructing them with a proper sentence structure that makes them readable and not completely obfuscated... Its probably because I lack the patience to communicate properly anymore, sad thing, and the subtext of I am a cynical bastard seems to haunt everything I say here, maybe its because its a conspiracy site...
But, you're right it has got to stop. I changed my key board to an all white one, and now I'm trying writing things out as if its one on one, instead of me against the world lol
Also, I'm using a word editor to write replies. That seems to help. Sorry for your eyes terry.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You are very wise and I will definitely contemplate what you have written things like this seriously challenge me. However sorry to be disagreeable but,

For me its the opposite, life ceases to exist when you are purpose too purpose driven to the pont where life seems not worth living without one, even conceptually, you are cutting yourself off from the simple truth that life needs no reason to be lived, and needs no higher purposes to be fulfilled.

In essence and the definition I believe to be for "purpose", are you not creating a purpose in avoiding a purpose. I know it sounds like I am just saying the same word over and over again. But please contemplate that. The small things in life do matter, but to enjoy them without purpose is still for a purpose.
Purpose can be big or small, I have to get out of bed and stand up. I have to brush my teeth to avoid a cavity. I have to live and one day die. I am not going to seriously challenge your model because I can see a lot of truth and wisdom in it, however I enjoy doing what I am doing and thus I am enjoying life. I am winning regardless and not achieving my goals if that is the case will never lead to regret, we don't always win but we cannot do it unless we try.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Judgie

Dont get me wrong I'm all for having a higher purpose, but in my experience, of spirituality, which are often psychedelic and muktidimensional in the lucid dreaming sense, to say from now on this person that I percejve myself to be, I want to be dedicated to such and such higher purpose.. Well maybe I haven't thought this through and have projected my own paranoia about this onto others, but for a time anyway I have led myself to beleive that I would be anchored to that intial vow to dedicate myself, and thereafter be restricted to a one dimensional range of experience that was founded by that first initial moment leadingna life with such and such a purpose. Equally so, i am worried i would be anchored to the initial moment upon waking up in the morning and deciding i would be living my day with such and such a purpose... I cannot help but wonder if having to have a purpose for each day is based on fear, rather than neccessity. But ok let's say you take a day off, let's say its a Sunday.. Would the purpose of Sunday be to not have a purpose? What would that make Sunday? Quite a liberating experience perhaps... So, why can't everyday be like Sunday? Are we scared of not having a purpose? Or is it necessity? Is there a danger that we become so used to having a purpose that we feel lost without one?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

You are making me think and contemplate. I like that very much. To be honest all I can do is weigh up what you have just said.

I apologize in advance for sounding like a crack-pot.

I spent my life for a long time, looking for purpose and in persuit of many ideas and experiences, actually as many as I could. I am not a father, I have never been filthy rich, these are two experiences I can only pretend to relate to but nothing comes close to understanding than actually being. But I try, I have seen a lot of death and bad in the world, I have also seen a lot of good, I have had money and I have had none. I have been the poster boy of womanizing and the reject at times too. The geek and the tough guy. I enjoy experiences. I guess I cannot help but adopt Socrates approach to life of trying to understand.

Something happened though and only about a year ago. I really hit rock bottom, fell off my mountain peak so to say. Maybe I am the eternal optimist but its possibly the best thing that ever happened to me. I fought it hard, money going down the drain, relationship, career changes and all. My ego was butchered, but I realized equally that this set me free.

The crack-pot thing? I got into conspiracy theories through research, I found it myself essentially, I wasn't aware of what people would call "alternative history" or "pseudo-archaeology" at all until I found something while studying as a civil engineer when I started analising earthquake engineering in a historic context from around the world. This is going a little off topic.
This whole period of my life, really opened my eyes, I truly believe I went through a spiritual awakening of sorts though before this I was a die hard atheist. I guess I would say I'm Agnostic/creating my own theory now.

I cannot help though but look through old mythology especially that of Hinduism and the tales of creation. There were seven sages, who came to the world and were very wise, to teach people how to live. Though, to most people they appeared crazy. I believe if only maybe, through personal desire and obviously I cannot prove this, that I am one of those seven sages. Not born into it as such but ideas and patterns seem to come to me now very easily and I have a lot of energy. However to move on, above these seven sages in wisdom is one supreme being who has no ego as such. He is just infinite awareness and wisdom. Now the numbers 7 and one could be wrong, the whole concept could be wrong, there could be 7000 or more etc.

But the type of stuff you are saying to me if genuine is above my pay grade as a metaphor. I have an ego, to which I know I should get rid of but at the same time it is "self love" so to speak. I cannot comprehend the idea of selflessness for I believe, all actions even those that are kind and of genuine good nature, still essentially are for personal gain. I am no saint, I am not a malicious person either, I genuinely want and desire to help people, in fact I have made a life of doing that. However, being totally honest I cannot say I am not doing this to appease this inwardly ego of mine even if everyone else sees it as benevolence.

Like I said, if you genuinely can contemplate what you are saying, well done. I am struggling, but you are more enlightened than me and possibly more than I could ever be.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

But the type of stuff you are saying to me if genuine is above my pay grade as a metaphor.

Lol thats right, I get paid a lot more for what I say than you do....

I get laid in lulcoin...its a new kind of currency... It gets immediately trqnferred to your facebook account in hemoglobin.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

But the type of stuff you are saying to me if genuine is above my pay grade as a metaphor.

Lol thats right, I get paid a lot more for what I say than you do....

I get laid in lulcoin...its a new kind of currency... It gets immediately trqnferred to your facebook account in hemoglobin.

top topics

join