It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a hole in my heart today...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Shoot, I'm so sorry.

Freaking hurts. I still cry over the ones I've lost every once in awhile. They love you unconditionally, they're a constant part of your life, and they are so much more tuned in to us than they get credit for.

I know you gave that pup a great life. Condolences to you and all the other people that lost a very handsome friend.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I second that. Condolences to all who have lost animal friends.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Sending regards for your loss. Know he'll always be with you. Have a special place in my heart for Pugs as an owner of Pekingese mix-those faces!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The loss is always severe. Loving hearts are not designed to suddenly not have the target of their love.

I barely remember my kids birthdays but I will always remember my dog died on Feb 10th last year. Tomorrow I am having a visit with a rescue dog, perhaps he will join my family. I am ready to send the love to a needy dog.

Thank you for the pet forum. And sharing.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

We had to bid a painful farewell to a dear old friend today, Argus. Long-time ATS members will remember Argus is the protector-icon for the R.A.T.S. forum when it launched long, long ago.

On that sad note, welcome to the long overdue Pets forum on ATS.

I'm very sorry for your loss and your family's loss Skeptic. As someone who have seen a few pets cross the Rainbow Bridge, including one that I will miss, quite honestly, forever, it truly does leave a hole in your heart. No matter how many pets you get later in life, that hole won't be filled, but you can learn to love again in a different way and I'm sure your pet won't mind. Sometimes I feel your pet is the one who send other pets your way.

I have a cat missing right now who adopted us. She was a stray. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear she was sent to us. I was going through a VERY rough divorce and no one would understand, let alone allow me to talk about. Then she showed up one day and slowly the healing began. Little by little but it began. I truly believe she was sent to me because that was what I needed.

Please know I will be thinking of you and your family during your time of loss.

edit on 2/3/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss. Great pic of a fine looking beastie. a reply to: SkepticOverlord

All the best.
B. V. H

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I never had the pleasure of meeting Argus or even having knowledge of his existence until this day.

I can see from the pain of loss and sadness that currently surround me that despite his diminutive size his heart was large and full of love, I can tell from the look on his furry little face that even though he waddled on tiny little legs the love he received from owner made him stride like a giant among pets.

Some may be sad on this day at his passing as he is no longer a part of their lives, waiting to greet them when they get home each day, wagging his non existent tail with unchecked enthusiasm, looking them with such unconditional adulation and love that it gave them the feeling of godhood.

Oh yes, there will be tears and much lamenting from some and maybe they are right to do so.

I believe we all have a purpose on this earth and for Argus, like all dogs, his purpose was to give his owner the chance to experience a love and devotion that is truly and undeniably unconditional, for some people this is the only time they will experience this wonder in their lives.

Argus however was no ordinary dog,
Argus was a lightbringer who shined brightly into the dark hearts of those who for so long had denied this forum something it was truly lacking.
Argus was a Sage who taught those who rule that giving to those within your power that which they want is the way of a wise leader
Argus was a cutey I mean seriously, how adorable was that little fella
But above all Argus was and is a Hero!!!!
A Hero who gave of his own cute, furry little life so that those of us who had long suffered under the uncompromising, unheeding and unrelenting dictatorship of our ATS overlords would finally be able to taste the sweet nectar of freedom in a place we could call our own and post pics of our cats, describe the puzzled looks our dogs gave us when we did something stupid or even brag about the amount of swear words our pet parrots could say away from the prying eyes and mocking retorts of those inhuman non animal lovers.

Argus, for your accomplishments in life as well as death Im sure you will be receiving your 72 Virgin Hydrants (virgin in this context being unpeed on). ALL HAIL ARGUS!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Just reread my other post and realised it could be seen as insensitive, apologies if it came across that way as it was definitely not my intention.

I sincerely feel your loss and have felt it several times myself, condolences SO

I think this story best describes how we should feel when we lose our best friends

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish wolfhound named Belker. The dog’s owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.
I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn’t do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.
As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.
The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker’s family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.
The little boy seemed to accept Belker’s transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker’s death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.
Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, “I know why.”
Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I’d never heard a more comforting explanation. He said, “People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life – like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?”
The six-year-old continued, “Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as long.”

I know its easy for me to say but try not to be sad hes gone, just try be happy you got to share the time with him that you did

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Aaw, wee Argus - I'm so sorry to hear your news. He's a beautiful dog, a very noble face. I found a wee poem for him, I hope it does him justice:

Grandfather Great Spirit,
All over the world,
The faces of living things are alike.
With tenderness, they have come up out of the ground.
Look upon your children that they may face the winds
And walk the good road to the day of quiet.
Grandfather Great Spirit, Fill us with the Light. Give us the strength to understand and the eyes to see.
Teach us to walk the soft earth as relatives - to all that live.
~Sioux Prayer

B x

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Four legs or two -

Your real mates see you through !

Sorry for your loss...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Oh Sir....I'm in tears.

May little Argus bring as much joy to those he is with now as he did for you during his time here on Earth.

Safe Journey and Godspeed Little One.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Sorry for your loss. We lost our "poopsie" late last year. (Puggle) But you have some wonderful artwork immortalizing your pug.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Aw man..Really sorry for your loss.
I remember his happy little face from ATS years back.

Having said goodbye to my best friend(a loyal and clever GSD called Bud) a couple of years ago,I know how you feel.
"A hole in the heart" is a very accurate way of how I felt when he left this world.

Cherish the happy memories of your friend.
So sorry man.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Sorry to hear about that. No matter how long they live it never seems to be long enough.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Man...you absolutely nailed that one.

SO...I am sorry for your loss as well.
And happy to see that the pets forum has been manifest here.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
My sympathies on Angus passing....

However it's very touching to honor him this way.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I have a cat missing right now

So do I. But he wasn't a stray, he was born in our bed. He was a very special kitty, and 10 days ago he simply vanished.
I suspect our neighbor abducted and/or killed him - a total areshole that guy.

Anyway - thanks to SO, and I'm sorry. I've lost 4 dear fur-friends in the last 4 years, AND my father.
My heart aches,
and I know yours does, too.

Rainbow Bridge.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm so sorry, SO. I know the pain of having to make that decision.

I love that you opened the pet forum in his honor.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

So sorry for your loss!!
Losing a beloved pet is losing a member of the family.

[[HUGS]]

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Thank you for creating this forum.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join