It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Magic / Magic powers real??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
We used to have people calling other people witches. Now we have a lot of Fantasy books, movies and games that show us about so called magic. We have magicians, but, today there is a myth on that. Some people say they use demons. Some others think they are angels.

Who knows, maybe we really are in a "Matrix" and those who control us is doing the impossible things that many people can't do. Like how Neo was superman like flying and killing the all the Agent Smith clone(third movie).

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Magick is what you are looking for.
edit on 2-2-2015 by NotMoose because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

magic must be real or that boy wouldn't have been kicked out of school for telling his friend he had a magic ring to make him disappear.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
You have your fantasy magic where wizards and witches cast spells and shoot lightning bolts from their hands.
You have stage magic which involves various forms of illusion and trickery.
You have Magick which is a spiritual science that involves using symbols and rituals for self improvement.
You have Hollywood that makes movies. 'The Matrix' deals with the concept that our conscious experience is part of a computer simulation.
That is about as succinctly as I can explain it.
Do some reading, remain skeptical but open-minded. Avoid getting sucked into nonsense.
Don't let a bunch of hoogah-boogah stress you too much.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
We used to have people calling other people witches. Now we have a lot of Fantasy books, movies and games that show us about so called magic. We have magicians, but, today there is a myth on that. Some people say they use demons. Some others think they are angels.

Who knows, maybe we really are in a "Matrix" and those who control us is doing the impossible things that many people can't do. Like how Neo was superman like flying and killing the all the Agent Smith clone(third movie).

The world is full of enchantment. Witches (and other cultural equivalents) have always existed and we're still around.

Any religious person who submits to a ritual and asks for something is technically practicing "magic". Practitioners of witchcraft and other forms of sorcery simply admit it. There's a handful of us here on ATS and it's no more spooky than what Christians do when they're yelling in tongues and slaying folks in the spirit. Same monkeys, different barrels.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

There's a handful of us here on ATS and it's no more spooky than what Christians do when they're yelling in tongues and slaying folks in the spirit.

Im a christian and you dont even have to go that far, its no different then our prayers, its the same sort of invoking so to speak, and asking for those that we believe in to help us with certain things.....

Even more prevalent in the older forms of Judaism.......

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
My experiences with Native American Shamanic practitioners has proven to me that majic exist; That there is another realm coexisting with what we perceive as reality.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I believe so. We only use about 10% of our brains, correct? Those other parts must be for something....

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Here is a good series of vids that may help : www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I would like to know, can reality be altered?
HOW far can it be done?
WHAT is known of any successes?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Let me ask you this.

"The Matrix" is an enclosed system, an ecosystem. To overly simplify, you can create large effects or changes with small actions.

My question is, how is that different from our world?

We live in an interconnected universe that we do not entirely understand. Look at the changes you can create with alterations on a subatomic level. We are part of this universe, now magick, may simply be an interaction with the universe. Seems fairly logical to me.

a reply to: lostbook
No, we use 100% of our brains. We just don't use 100% at every single given moment.
edit on 2/2/2015 by LilFox because: Comment about the 10% fallacy...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
My experiences with Native American Shamanic practitioners has proven to me that majic exist; That there is another realm coexisting with what we perceive as reality.

I absolutely agree. There is the "other realm."
I have gained access to it well enough to know it is "real."
One rule that I have learned, is that there is always equal and opposite reaction. If one tries to use access to this realm to manipulate this "physical" level of manifestation, it can be dangerous.
If you use it for negative effect upon another, you get it back.
I use Magick in a consciously neutral way. Never to cause effect on the external world in which I am manifest.
Only to gain understanding.
It can be dangerous if misused.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The most wise phrase I heard about that was this: "The difference between science and magic is that science work with nature and don't try to change it." If magic exist it's in our breath each seconds on this earth, and not in bending nature to your will.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
I believe so. We only use about 10% of our brains, correct?

Which part can we remove????

Just kidding, but modern imaging shows that we use all of our brains and not just a tiny part of it. Brain scans have shown that no matter what one is doing, all brain areas are always active. Some areas are more active at any one time than others, but barring brain damage, there is no part of the brain that is absolutely not functioning. --Neurologist Barry Gordon

And on topic I have never experienced anything (sober) that had a non-mundane explanation.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spationaute
The most wise phrase I heard about that was this: "The difference between science and magic is that science work with nature and don't try to change it." If magic exist it's in our breath each seconds on this earth, and not in bending nature to your will.

I am afraid I cannot agree with that.

Part of science is about altering and controlling that which naturally exists in another state. For example: Enriched Uranium, power lines, oil refineries, food production, pesticides, television.. and the list goes on.

Magick, is about harnessing natural ability and establishing a functioning relationship between two or more things. It is not about manipulating or controlling them, unlike science.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I believe in magic 100%. I witnessed it nearly everyday when I was young. Then, one day, I woke up and I was an adult. I have kids of my own, bills to pay, full time job. The magic is gone. However, I still get glimpses of it through moments with my kids.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Fantasy and illusion is more like it. Like the Oracle of Delphi long before the other religion made their miracles. Don't be a pawn and be fooled. Take it for entertainment and amusement. Or do like my an stand back and laugh at the ones that think it is real.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: roth1

Perhaps you should respect other peoples beliefs, keep your mouth shut and move on. That would be the decent thing to do, right?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
To myself it all depends on which reality/surroundings you were raised in. I actually caught an interesting recording about magic by John E.L. Tenney.

Video Description:

Published on Jan 31, 2015
These are combined clips from an Australian radio show where I was asked if ritual/folkloric/traditional magic was still practiced and if so how it is, or could be, applied in our modern society.

Although words, definitions and ideas about magical systems have been replaced with modern non-magical equivalents the practices from which our modern advertising system has evolved is still a form of spell-casting.

Sporting events such as American football, are also discussed in this piece as a way to show its original parentage which can be found in religious ritual.

Some intriguing stuff for sure!

edit on 2/3/2015 by mcx1942 because: video description

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
As far as anything I've read or seen, none of it is real and is usually based on people's incredible desire to believe in such things or, in the case of those who claim to have it, frequently charlatan in nature and sometimes quite mad.

We live in a very biological, scientifically understandable world where amazing things happen everywhere if you consider the natural life cycles of many animals, things like chrysalis, weather phenomenon, so much really. And that's about as close to "magic" as anything really is.

<<   2  3 >>

join