It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Getting desperate....struggling to replenish fighters....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Interesting article here......Is IS really that pathetic.............
I think they always were really.....
This is just the beginning of the Syrian defeat at the hands of the west......

But despite its bluster, military analysts say the Sunni extremists known as ISIS are suffering on the battlefield.

"We're seeing a lot of signs from them that they're desperate," says Scott Stewart, vice-president of tactical analysis at Stratfor, a global intelligence and advisory firm based in Austin, Tex.

The U.S. ambassador to Iraq reported last week that airstrikes undertaken by the U.S. and coalition partners had killed approximately 6,000 ISIS fighters since they began in August.

edit on 2-2-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
You know what they say. Desperate people are often the most unpredictable.

I would not be surprised if we see an escalation in a serious way before we manage to exterminate them all.

You can kill the combatants but you cant kill an idea. Sometimes fighting them just instils their beliefs even deeper.

Part of me just wants to say lets finish it already, but another part just wants peace if there really is such a thing.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

most likely just playing a poker hand bluffing uncle sam for some more funding

edit on 2-2-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well the foreign recruits were being used as cannon fodder I read somewhere....and the number of these foreigners may be dwindling as the different countries of origin restrict travel to potential recruits....
Plus the airstrikes and other Syrian moderates as well as the Peshmerga are all pressing ISIS harder now.....

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
The U.S. ambassador to Iraq reported last week that airstrikes undertaken by the U.S. and coalition partners had killed approximately 6,000 ISIS fighters since they began in August.

That's some very powerful indoctrination, the stuff of WWII era Maoism, Stalinism, Nazism, except in the modern age.

The main difference of note being of course that those were political ideologies, this is a religious ideology.

Back then, millions were willing to die based on the so-called "truths" spoken by one, or a set of individuals. This (ISIS) is based on the so called "truths" of GOD.

If they get their PR campaign just right, with the right leader (not the current one, IMO) they could become a true revolution in the Muslim world. I personally don't see it happening, yet at least.

These are the children of the generation influenced by the Iraq & Afghanistan invasions, with some Yasser Arafat thrown in. The generation that comes after this, influenced by this, just might be enough for them to do it. If they do, WWIII will follow soon after.

Any nation founded on stuff that ISIS has been doing will have no tolerance or compassion for any non-Sunni Muslim and will systematically try to conquer (and convert) the entire world.

In the name of God.
edit on 2/3/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
No worries the USA , Saudi Arabia and Israel will contribute more. They are not done with enough of the destruction to have the power to take over yet.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
For some reason, I can imagine 6 years from now, exactly the same article saying the same thing, in a war against freedom and citizens and keep fear alive, that the elite will manifest, with a straggling group of psycho's, for decades, that they never manage to eradicate, because of course they're carefully funding them.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Star and flag for you, Unity!

new topics

top topics

join