It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have decided....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
that I shall never again try to stomach Velveeta. Fake cheese grosses me out.

Eating some Superbowl leftovers, and decided some of that queso might be good. WRONG. My sister made it, and she used Velveeta only. It was already a congealed mess of salty grossness before i could get to the table.

So it is now added to the growing list of foods I have given up on. Ill place it right between Spam, and Long John Silvers.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree with the Long John Silvers.

But my parents have a crock pot hamburger dip recipe that uses Velveeta in it. It's like Rice a Roni which is the only thing that I still use margarine for. Sometimes, I just have to slum it because it doesn't taste right otherwise.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Somewhere there is video of an attempt to melt fake-ass cheese..it doesn't melt, it just turns black...like plastic.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
What, you mean to tell me you don't like hydrogenated vegetable oil in your artificial processed imitation cheese substitute?

I hate fake cheese, its got to come from a cow and be aged at least a year or two for me to eat it.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

I don't even mind some less aged cheeses. Like a nice soft goat cheese.

Or "government cheese", like they used to hand out via the food stamp program. It wasn't really real cheese...but it was awesome.

But sandwich sliced cheese, int he plastic wrapper....i'd rather lick a toilet seat.

Ham is another product i am fishy about. Real ham. Not that chopped, water logged, boiled crap. I don't eat ham that is in the cold cut section. Typically we buy a large, expensive ham and then put it up in small, meal sized servings. I love ham (eat it every day), but only real ham that I cut off the bone.

link   

Yeah, I gave up on velveeta and cheese strings and that squeeze cheese is artificial stuff too. I found this video about an hour ago that has me upset.

link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Velveeta will turn black in the mircrowave if you try to make nacho's out of it. Not something I would do...but my college room mate did.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I was at my Mom's place during the super bowl and she melted a big hunk of the generic store-brand version of Velveeta in the microwave. The smell of it nearly ruined my appetite. I agree with you. That stuff is gross.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This thread made me ill. That fake cheese has churned my guts on sight since i was a kid.
There is something very wrong with the people who think it's food,that and people who think margarine is butter.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
As I said normally I agree ... there are just those two things I get nostalgic for that demand margarine and Velveeta. I'm not proud of that. Call them my dirty secret ...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yes, clear your mind from the Velveeta and picture the lovely Croque Monsieur that I made yesterday with aged Gruyere, fresh French bread and a handmade Bechemel sauce.

Ah...that's better.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

SPAM!!??? No! Not SPAM! Don't take my SPAM away! I love me some Spam Musubi!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

i just ate a big old pile of proteins, so i am sitting with lead in my stomache. But i would totally make room for that sandwich.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Oh t'is a thing of beauty and wonder that you made there.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: graceunderpressure
Yes, clear your mind from the Velveeta and picture the lovely Croque Monsieur that I made yesterday with aged Gruyere, fresh French bread and a handmade Bechemel sauce.

Ah...that's better.

I,

I love you Grace.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

Why, thank you! It was devoured lustily and you're all invited over next week when I make it again.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I,

I love you Grace.

LOL! Yes -- real cheese. That's the way to a person's heart. To heck with all the diamonds and flowers. Give us cheese!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Why, thank you! It was devoured lustily and you're all invited over next week when I make it again.

Will you marry me?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Will you marry me?

Of course! But only if we can have a cheese wedding cake.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

That is so funny that you mentioned the "guvment" cheese...

My S.O. talks about it every once in awhile.

He said they would make grilled cheese samiches out of it, it never REALLY melted but, they loved it!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join