It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madden's simulation of the Super Bowl predicted the exact final score

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Let's not forget sherman putting his vodoo on the game by throwing up the sign 24 about 3 or 4 times. I think if any were involved in something it was him and the qb showing true colors.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick
What exactly are you suggesting?
Sherman was either referencing the score, or Revis giving up a TD. Either way, I don't see what you mean.
Also, Wilson probably didn't expect his receiver to get demolished on the ball. Not 100% his fault. Bad play call, not the greatest pass, poor attempt by the receiver.
Are you still trying to say it was set up?
Kearse catch.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Their seems to be this commonly held belief by people that see conspiracies in a lot of things that humans are not capable of making mistakes.

The coach made a bad call it would seem because he should have given the ball to their running back.
On the other hand if the defender doesn't make a good play then the Hawks score on that touchdown.

I dont see anything nefarious there, I just see competition playing out.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
People thinking 12 is a statistically significant sample size; what's this world coming to?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mcChoodles
My dads old mobster bookie must have had the same game back in the seventies...Huh?

Wait just a darn minute. They didn't have computer simulations back then. Oh, wait. They did have mobsters calling plays back then just like today.

Wake the Hell up. NFL is a racket. The "super bowl" sure woke a lot of people up this year.

Hard to believe hard to believe…

I am a football dunce, never pay attention to it.

But this time they simply got to the coach, because as I sat there watching the losers deliberately count down time, I thought 'oh, so this is how it's done…'

Where were they, the 1 yard line? Yeah, let's use up the clock and pass….

That poor man. I wonder what the last minute memo stated, from Vegas. What ominous grunting oaths must have been issued, through that little ear bud coachie wears. Issac's direct hotline circuit.

Never again.

# 362
edit on 3-2-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think the logic was "no one will ever expect a pass from the one yard line... let's pass it"

OK plan for the first game of the season (maybe), not the Super Bowl.

I don't see any conspiracy here. As others pointed out... too many freak plays to script.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguy27
It's not that hard to buy off someone when it comes to millions and millions of dollars.

The last play was a weirdly bad call by the coach. If they had run it, they would have had the touchdown.

Since the 2002 Sacremento Kings versus Lakers Conference Finals, I have believed that sports are "partially rigged".

What do I mean by "partially rigged"?

The players, coaches and team staffs, have NO idea what is going on at the C-level, with the GM and those above him. All the owners and other league top dogs get together and decide whom is going to be most likely to win. This is the time where these "owners of capital" horse trade with one another, "you get the championship in 2016 and I'll get it in 2020 and so-and-so will never get it, but instead will receive XXX compensation". The partial rigging, happens during the draft, with trades, putting out bad publicity to black list talented, but unpopular top players and most importantly using the REFEREES.

I absolutely believe, Tim Donaghy's claims that pro-sports are rigged. His checkered background makes him a perfect candidate to implement such corruption, which as we have seen, should he "talk too much", it becomes very easy to discredit the claims. I also don't understand why older players that can still play at an acceptable level, get thrown out of the league long before they are all used up, ala, Alan Iverson and Dominique Wilkins.

Pro-sports being "partially rigged", explains all of the above.

Then add in the facts that stadiums are built with tax payer money and that you also can't have sports stations removed, from your cable TV subscription, shows its nothing more than a form of corporate welfare for the mega-wealthy, whom skim a couple of bucks from every person that wants to watch TCM and IFC, but not ESPN
edit on 3-2-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Havox

What exactly are you suggesting?

Sherman was either referencing the score, or Revis giving up a TD. Either way, I don't see what you mean.

Also, Wilson probably didn't expect his receiver to get demolished on the ball. Not 100% his fault. Bad play call, not the greatest pass, poor attempt by the receiver.

Are you still trying to say it was set up?

Kearse catch.

Well the deal with sherman is not something anyone will accept. It is a spiritual vibe i get. I am suggesting that he is a great player but not really on the right team. It was sherman that was standing with his thumb you know where in the first quarter when the patroits first drive began to take shape. It was well beyond his capabilities to get shown up like that and without the great interception to kill that momentum the game would have been a blowout.imo Yes it was said he was referencing the number of the player in that play but i being a crazy man think he was putting out other vibes that held the seahawks to 24 points.

As far as the last pass of the game i have not heard yet but i believe the quarter back will say he just did not see the player in front of him and believed it was a clean shot to the reciever. I think our brains can see what we want to see and sometimes what others want us too see. I could not get over the statment by the one who intercepted that he had a vision it would happen. If true then he was already under prior input by a higher power. I just ramble and most would say i see too much into stuff.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
I think the logic was "no one will ever expect a pass from the one yard line... let's pass it"

OK plan for the first game of the season (maybe), not the Super Bowl.

I don't see any conspiracy here. As others pointed out... too many freak plays to script.

Well probaly but if you notice the one who intercepted never really moved. So that means either the qb did not look where he was throwing,the player did not appear in his visual range or he intentionally threw it to him.

They have the tech now days to determine where the qb was looking. Being that it was 20' pass i am leaning toward one of the first two options.

It is very rare to just throw the ball to a player who was standing still and not know it. They are trained not to do that and most interceptions come from someone popping up or routes crossing but not much like this here.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Well probaly but if you notice the one who intercepted never really moved.

The defender saw the route coming, stepped up, and out-muscled the receiver for the ball.

Great defensive play on a horrible offensive call.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop
Nice sad gif.

I see that the qb always has a choice and especially one that can run like wilson. Notice he threw directly to tho opposing player that was not in motion when the ball left the qb hand and what little motion he did have was toward the pass. The right side was open. I can not accept that level of incompentance from one that never displayed it much before. Saying the call was the blame to me is wrong. It was the way it was passed. Even the reciever was not expecting such a wide pass.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

He may have led him a tiny bit too much. But the receiver could have done a better job on his route too. He basically got blind-sided.

It was not an option play for Wilson. He did not have a choice unless he was being sacked or something. It was a pure pass play and it was developing fine were it not for the defender who stepped up.

Even if it was a touchdown, I would have still said that play was too risky for the situation. I would have been much happier, though.
edit on 2.3.2015 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

There is always an option but i get your point.

On top of the leading we also have the reciever that proved he could get higher than most.

I am hard headed and will remain believing that the qb sold out.
me

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think it is crazy that the seahawks came onto the field with the verge singing bittersweet.

so much happened in the game.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join