It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double UFO Sighting During CSETI Meditation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Cool! Thanks!!

Here is the best video I could find with oil rig flares seen at a distance...

New information:

The Horizon - according to this "how stuff works" science video, if a camera is at about 5 1/2 feet (or eye level on a 6 foot person) the horizon, where the water meets the sea, is only 3 miles out...

How Does The Horizon Work?

I suppose if something were really high up, it might look closer to the sea due to the earth's curvature, but it would then be way too high for an oil rig flare... I also think the degree of movement within the 3 minute period is far greater than the turning of the earth would account for.

I'm not sold on oil rig flares, but if that's really the answer, I'm certainly willing to accept it!!

???

peace,
AB
edit on 3-2-2015 by AboveBoard because: more info/links, etc.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

I see what you are saying.

I am in the same boat (one with flares and an artillery launcher?? lol!), though I have not taken "unidentified" off the table as a final answer yet.

Would such flares create a big to-do - like Coast Guard and search and rescue?? Unless it was military... But how would Greer have foreknowledge of the precise location of a military exercise including flares, and then schedule his group for the exact spot to view them from several months later?

I'm still mystified.

I have to say, I really appreciate everyone digging in a bit to look at this!! I am learning tons!!

peace,
AB

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

I see what you are saying.

I am in the same boat (one with flares and an artillery launcher?? lol!), though I have not taken "unidentified" off the table as a final answer yet.

Would such flares create a big to-do - like Coast Guard and search and rescue?? Unless it was military... But how would Greer have foreknowledge of the precise location of a military exercise including flares, and then schedule his group for the exact spot to view them from several months later?

I'm still mystified.

I have to say, I really appreciate everyone digging in a bit to look at this!! I am learning tons!!

peace,
AB

I still think it is rig flares, but to answer your question as to how Greer could pull it off.....he is a master of deceit for ignorant people.

He announces the trip, gets paid $2K/person upfront, pays a boat to go out and fire off the flares at a specified time and voila....he has the suckers on the trip start their meditation at whatever time, the flares go up after the meditation and he claims to have "summoned" the UFO's.

People are gullible, especially those that want to believe so much they will pay for it. Is anyone really gullible enough to believe that a person can summon a sighting on command? Stupidity abounds among Greer's followers. This is almost as bad as the invisible ship stunt he pulled and had people saying how great it was......seriously, these people should not be allowed to have children.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Or held aloft by some other means, like a balloon perhaps.

Greer either scheduled it or scheduled around it. The only thing I'm sure of is that the explanation is nothing he claims it to be. And with what he charges he could have access to what Joe Dirt would call "the good stuff".

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Just to give you an idea of how very profitable this scam is, he charges $2500/person up to $3500/person for the engagements and tries to keep it to 25 people max, and is usually sold out...many times these engagements do not include food or lodging, or they will have minimals such as camping and whatever is least expensive.

So for one sold out engagement he has between $62,500 for one week and $87,500 for the week.....not too shabby of a living me thinks.

Fire a few flares, make people believe there is an invisible ship they are walking through, feed them some crap food and make them pay for lodging. Not much overhead and he just made a very easy payday.

Don't believe me? Here....check out his payment page...quite the scam.

www.siriusdisclosure.com...

Plenty of suckers out there are paying for this crap.

Sorry, but unless you have an alien actually shaking my hand after landing their VERY visible craft right in front of me, you are FULL'O'CRAP.

I would love to call him out on his crap at a conference in person.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Oh.....and I love his disclaimer:

PLEASE READ PRIOR TO REGISTERING: Each participant is expected to have studied the CE-5 Protocols prior to attending the expedition. We suggest either studying the Contact Training App and/ or obtaining the CE-5 Training Program
Also any participant who is disruptive to the group cohesion or shows prejudice and/or negative attitudes toward these Interstellar visitors will be asked to leave . Ambassadors are willing to welcome all visitors who choose to meet with the group. If you are asked to leave your fees will not be refunded.

So if you challenge him, he kicks you out and there is no refund....LOL! YOU MUST OBEY!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
They could be satellites that are reflecting the sunlight off the solar panels, but I don't think the lights would have stayed aloft for as long as they did. satellites usually only take around 30 seconds or so to transit across the sky in the right place for the sun to glint off the solar panels. TO me these really do look like flares, I mean no disrespect, its just what i'm observing. Another troubling factor is that the lights dont seem to be held in place by anything very big, the second light that pops up, seems to somewhat move a little as if it really is being held up by a parachute.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
They could be satellites that are reflecting the sunlight off the solar panels, but I don't think the lights would have stayed aloft for as long as they did. satellites usually only take around 30 seconds or so to transit across the sky in the right place for the sun to glint off the solar panels. TO me these really do look like flares, I mean no disrespect, its just what i'm observing. Another troubling factor is that the lights dont seem to be held in place by anything very big, the second light that pops up, seems to somewhat move a little as if it really is being held up by a parachute.

The light is beneath the cloud/smoke layer, which is illuminated from below in the video, so that would rule out satellites.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
The earths rotation could easily account for that in that amount of time on the horizon.

Here is a video of a sunset....click play, look at position of sun, then click on the 36 second mark and see how far it has moved.....appears about the same distance as the OP video gif you made....if you make a gif of this one I would bet they are almost dead on for distance the both "appear" to move, though they are not really moving....the earth is rotating.

These are flare stacks that appear to move with earths rotation.

No, not a chance.

In the OP video, some stars are visible as well and can particularly be seen in the 1080p HD. If you mark all the visible stars all along the frames in the 36s section, you can clearly see that the stars did not moved at all the same way the flares moved. If there were flare stacks moving in relation to earth rotation, then the value of this move would be exactly the same for both. But this is not the case.

To demonstrate this, in the GIF below made of 7 frames extracted from the 36s sequence, I pinpointed all these stars with a red dot and the center of each flare with a bigger green dot. Some of the red dots are not visible in some frames, because of the clouds that hide the stars from place to place.

Going further, I have done another GIF with frame 1 and frame 6 to evaluate the amount of move of both a group of two stars that stay visible (1 and 2 in red) and of the flares (1 and 2 in green).

What we learn from this is that not only the move is far more important for the flare than for the stars (thus not flares stacks), but this move operates in different directions.

Moreover, if you look closely the way the clouds move, it's from the left to the right, exactly like the flares, then reinforce the parachute flare theory.
edit on 3-2-2015 by elevenaugust because: wrong gif :p

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: elevenaugust

Well I'm back to flares now.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Believe the person or incident or not I would suggest.

But the mocking of this person and his or her contribution IS TO ME UNACCEPTABLE.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

But the mocking of this person and his or her contribution IS TO ME UNACCEPTABLE.

Then accept it or not, I would suggest.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

That was a convincing way of pulling together the argument for flares, elevenaugust! I love that you made the effort to do that and I am learning from you!! (bows)

Given the horizon line, the lights on the clouds and the curvature of the earth factor, is it possible at all to determine how far out the lights are?

It sounds easy - hire a boat (or two depending on how fast the boat was...), coordinate the launch of flares based on a specific timetable...except... I dunno - these are, if anything, the "good stuff" as someone said - military grade. I don't think that's as easy to pull off as some think. That would, from what I've read, immediately trigger a response from the Coast Guard who are obligated to investigate. That is a risk, as it can't be legal for someone to have a launcher like that, or for regular citizens to be pumping those into the air...

Flares are a reasonable mundane answer, to a point. I still see the fall-back on "well, it's Greer, so it has to be fake." (I understand the concern there, but that isn't proof, only assumption of guilt."

In any case, I am an eager student and I'm really fascinated with this discussion. Thanks again!

- AB

edit on 3-2-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

That was a convincing way of pulling together the argument for flares, elevenaugust! I love that you made the effort to do that and I am learning from you!! (bows)

Given the horizon line, the lights on the clouds and the curvature of the earth factor, is it possible at all to determine how far out the lights are?

It sounds easy - hire a boat (or two depending on how fast the boat was...), coordinate the launch of flares based on a specific timetable...except... I dunno - these are, if anything, the "good stuff" as someone said - military grade. I don't think that's as easy to pull off as some think. That would, from what I've read, immediately trigger a response from the Coast Guard who are obligated to investigate. That is a risk, as it can't be legal for someone to have a launcher like that, or for regular citizens to be pumping those into the air...

Flares are a reasonable mundane answer, to a point. I still see the fall-back on "well, it's Greer, so it has to be fake."

In any case, I am an eager student and I'm really fascinated with this discussion. Thanks again!

- AB

If flares, it would be very easy to pull off. A small boat at that distance could not be seen by the naked eye. Ocean swell and all kinds of things could hide it very easily. They could have been sitting out there for hours prior to the meditation. They could also have called into the Coast Guard telling them they were going to fire 2 flares for testing purposes or whatever reason and to ignore the 2 back to back flares at whatever GPS coordinate/location they decided on.

Hell, I could do this myself. It is not hard at all to fake something like this with flares.

After seeing that post from elevenaugust, I am thinking it may be flares as well. Either way, it is NOT Alien contact as Greer says it is.....

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

originally posted by: Willtell

Then accept it or not, I would suggest.

One doesn’t always, like pavlov's dog, have to venture to believe one way or the other.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Flares are a reasonable mundane answer, to a point. I still see the fall-back on "well, it's Greer, so it has to be fake."

- AB

Greer is an habitual fake, and the video was not shot through the collective third eye.

But be that as it may, I would like to know the final explanation.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

After seeing that post from elevenaugust, I am thinking it may be flares as well. Either way, it is NOT Alien contact as Greer says it is.....

The thing that's pushing me even more towards the flare explanation is Greer's preemptive assurance that they are NOT flares.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

My point is, rather than just say "its fake" there needs to be some real proof and plausibility for the theory of how it was faked. I know I've learned a huge amount in this discussion and its only to the good.

I'm not going to argue with people regarding Greer and how they feel about him. That's not what I'm trying to do here at all. I'm more applying the same rigor to this as to anything, so I can learn something. It is an exercise in problem solving and investigation.

At some point, however, the only way to get an answer would be to do some serious legwork...

- AB

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Greer's lack of credibility has not seemed to impair our discussion of what is seen in the video.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

He says he is looking at them and doesn't see smoke, and that's his reason. I don't see smoke from any of the cameras either, and that was brought up earlier as a case against the lights being flares in this thread.

I'm sure he is also extremely biased towards them being not-flares, so that even if they were flares that happened coincidentally during a CSETI event, he might want to interpret them as UFOs.

*shrug*

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join