It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double UFO Sighting During CSETI Meditation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Ok - according to what I've been able to find out, the only flare (parachute) that would last 3-5 minutes is military grade and that they are not commercially available, and would require a launcher, like a chaff launcher.

The commercially available ones I have been able to find, only lasts a maximum of 40 seconds.

The two lights are aloft and lit up for 3 minutes each, respectively.

charlyv says above, from their experience, it does not look like flares due to the lack of smoke, and that they have experience with this.

Brightness in the films featured in the video, according to elevenaugust, is not really indicative either way as to flare or not-flare.

The video is taken at night, and no smoke is visible. elevenaugust and charlyv are not agreeing as to whether or not smoke would be seen.

They drift slightly to the viewers right, which indicates 1) they are moving, and 2) this is something that might happen with a flare.

Forget what you are hearing on the video, as I know that can be hard to swallow. Just look at what we are seeing.

My conclusion from all this is that IF they are flares, they are military flares. They are appearing during a CSETI event.
That is something to consider. Coincidence? Would we see a ship? Can we check that out? I don't know. Does anyone else know? It would be interesting to see if there was a military exercise or something on the same day in that location?

If they are not flares, we don't know what they are.

peace,
AB

edit on 3-2-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That was my first thought as well, Vasa, but when I started looking for flaring rigs at that location I stumbled across this.

I think deliberately released marine flares would be easier to "schedule" and corresponds well with the 3 minute burn time and gradual drift/descent apparent in the OP video.

I think they are too bright for marine flares, and just don't drift or drop fast enough for me. I have been on the ocean quite a bit and used flares myself while out there and, while they hang quite a bit, these appear to stay too stationary for me and they burn for a long time. Rigs tend to flare close to or at the same time.

I will look into rigs off the coast there.

Either way, this is just my opinion as it would be a major pain for someone to try to pull off firing flares without throwing up a huge warning/search, versus waiting for a timed burn on a rig. When flares go off they tend to attract coast guard attention, if it was a planned burn as the rigs do then the coast guard would know and not send anyone.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

The only flares able to stay up for 3 minutes require an artillery launcher and are military grade, which is what I was told by a resident expert here...

I mentioned that in a post above. Thanks for your information - I am a total newbie at flares and want to learn.

- AB

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

The only flares able to stay up for 3 minutes require an artillery launcher and are military grade, which is what I was told by a resident expert here...

I mentioned that in a post above. Thanks for your information - I am a total newbie at flares and want to learn.

- AB

I think they are flare stacks from a couple oil rigs off the coast, not actual flares. They appear to be oil rig burns to me, as they happen almost back to back, last for a bit of time and don't really appear to move at all to me. These could easily be explained if I knew what rigs they were and checked the burn dates. Anyone could figure out the timing and set up camp and start meditating then act really amazed when lights happen.....simple fooling of idiot believers.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
... don't really appear to move at all to me.

Well, they moved:

All of this in only 36 s.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

- AB

After going back and checking myself I have to agree. They are not likely to be commercial grade illumination flares and may well be offshore rig flares like VC suggested.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: elevenaugust

Well, they moved:

The earths rotation could easily account for that in that amount of time on the horizon.

Here is a video of a sunset....click play, look at position of sun, then click on the 36 second mark and see how far it has moved.....appears about the same distance as the OP video gif you made....if you make a gif of this one I would bet they are almost dead on for distance the both "appear" to move, though they are not really moving....the earth is rotating.

These are flare stacks that appear to move with earths rotation.
edit on 2/3/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2Chainz
Wow do they have anti-gravity parachutes now? I never would have known, thanks guys!

ITT: Skeptics in denial.

Did you know that along with ladders, jumping; parachutes are primitive anti-gravity devices? Perhaps not very efficient, but then parachutes, ladders, and jumping are rather old.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

But why would flare stacks appear to move with the earths rotation if they are a fixed distance offshore?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: elevenaugust

Well, they moved:

If you look from 1:14 ti 4:03 the left light remains visible and doesn't drop visibly. About 3 minutes.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

But why would flare stacks appear to move with the earths rotation if they are a fixed distance offshore?

DPS or dynamic positioning system. Drilling rigs almost exclusively use this. I am not talking about a stationary platform here. They have only recently begun to drill off that coast so DPS is how the rigs are able to stay in a certain position relative to their drill site.

Source

Dynamic positioning (DP) is a computer-controlled system to automatically maintain a vessel's position and heading by using its own propellers and thrusters. Position reference sensors, combined with wind sensors, motion sensors and gyrocompasses, provide information to the computer pertaining to the vessel's position and the magnitude and direction of environmental forces affecting its position. Examples of vessel types that employ DP include, but are not limited to, ships and semi-submersible mobile offshore drilling units (MODU), oceanographic research vessels and cruise ships.

The computer program contains a mathematical model of the vessel that includes information pertaining to the wind and current drag of the vessel and the location of the thrusters. This knowledge, combined with the sensor information, allows the computer to calculate the required steering angle and thruster output for each thruster. This allows operations at sea where mooring or anchoring is not feasible due to deep water, congestion on the sea bottom (pipelines, templates) or other problems.

Dynamic positioning may either be absolute in that the position is locked to a fixed point over the bottom, or relative to a moving object like another ship or an underwater vehicle. One may also position the ship at a favorable angle towards wind, waves and current, called weathervaning.

Dynamic positioning is used by much of the offshore oil industry, for example in the North Sea, Persian Gulf, Gulf of Mexico, West Africa, and off the coast of Brazil. There are currently more than 1800 DP ships.[1]

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

DPS or dynamic positioning system. Drilling rigs almost exclusively use this. I am not talking about a stationary platform here. They have only recently begun to drill off that coast so DPS is how the rigs are able to stay in a certain position relative to their drill site.

Source

Dynamic positioning (DP) is a computer-controlled system to automatically maintain a vessel's position and heading by using its own propellers and thrusters. Position reference sensors, combined with wind sensors, motion sensors and gyrocompasses, provide information to the computer pertaining to the vessel's position and the magnitude and direction of environmental forces affecting its position. Examples of vessel types that employ DP include, but are not limited to, ships and semi-submersible mobile offshore drilling units (MODU), oceanographic research vessels and cruise ships.

The computer program contains a mathematical model of the vessel that includes information pertaining to the wind and current drag of the vessel and the location of the thrusters. This knowledge, combined with the sensor information, allows the computer to calculate the required steering angle and thruster output for each thruster. This allows operations at sea where mooring or anchoring is not feasible due to deep water, congestion on the sea bottom (pipelines, templates) or other problems.

Dynamic positioning may either be absolute in that the position is locked to a fixed point over the bottom, or relative to a moving object like another ship or an underwater vehicle. One may also position the ship at a favorable angle towards wind, waves and current, called weathervaning.

Dynamic positioning is used by much of the offshore oil industry, for example in the North Sea, Persian Gulf, Gulf of Mexico, West Africa, and off the coast of Brazil. There are currently more than 1800 DP ships.[1]

Yeah, but wouldn't that be for fine positioning over a location, as opposed to the miles it would take to sink over the horizon?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I think deliberately released marine flares would be easier to "schedule" and corresponds well with the 3 minute burn time and gradual drift/descent apparent in the OP video.

Marine flares are military grade, require an artillery launcher and are not available commercially...

???

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Marine flares are military grade, require an artillery launcher and are not available commercially...

???

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Guessing it depends on how deep the water is and how long the cable is. It is to keep a rig over a certain GPS coordinate. Don't have time to figure out all the specifics of it right now, but I would bet money on those being flare stacks from rigs WAY off the coast.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Saw that, sorry!!!

What are you thinking the film might be showing at this point?

I'm still trying to find oil rigs off of Vero Beach...that is on the East Coast, which has only recently (as in mid 2014) been opened for oil/gas exploration. I can't find any rigs in that area on Oil Rig maps...

- AB

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I can't find any rigs on the Eastern coast off of FL on the oil rig maps I've found... There are tons of them in the Gulf, but that's the opposite side of FL.

Do you know where I would look for deep water rigs out that way? I'll keep digging. The lights looked somewhat far, but we have nothing to determine how far out they were.

I'm going to try and find oil rig flare videos for comparison...

Thanks!
- AB

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Saw that, sorry!!!

What are you thinking the film might be showing at this point?

I'm still trying to find oil rigs off of Vero Beach...that is on the East Coast, which has only recently (as in mid 2014) been opened for oil/gas exploration. I can't find any rigs in that area on Oil Rig maps...

- AB

They would likely not be listed on any maps yet. I will dig around with some of my drilling buddies to see if they have any info on rigs located in that area. These appear to be many miles off the coast by the look of it, and I believe there is some kind of moratorium off the east coast in the southern Atlantic in this area which would put those rigs at a very specific distance from the shore.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
As you can see from this map from Department of Interior Minerals Management, the Straights of Florida boundaries are easily within Vero Beach and distances would match up for how far they looked from the shoreline.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I can't find any rigs on the Eastern coast off of FL on the oil rig maps I've found... There are tons of them in the Gulf, but that's the opposite side of FL.

Do you know where I would look for deep water rigs out that way? I'll keep digging. The lights looked somewhat far, but we have nothing to determine how far out they were.

I'm going to try and find oil rig flare videos for comparison...

Thanks!
- AB

Like I mentioned earlier, my first instincts were towards oil rig gas flares, but after stumbling upon police reports of signal flares in the area I changed my mind. That, and the duration of the one light in the OP vid being almost precisely 3 minutes which I mistakenly thought was the duration of a type of commercially available parachute flare - turns out 3 minutes is standard for a hand held signal flare. Still odd that the times would be the same, so I'm still not ruling out flares in some configuration. Not ruling out rig flares either, but the movement is curious.
edit on 3-2-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join