It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Would Allow Texas Teachers to Use Deadly Force Against Students

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Explain to me how and why teachers didn't have the right to use force to protect themselves before this bill was passed. Then explain why this bill is necessary to fill that void. Naturally, I'll be wanting actual laws/court rulings that show these things are the case.
edit on 2-2-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Well, don't steal from people. Pretty easy to avoid being killed in that manner then.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It will take me some time to review such things.

It does sound redundant, in the arena of self defense for teachers. I agree with that.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

The bill, and the Texas penal code regarding use of deadly force is linked in the OP. read it. I'm not making this up. In Texas you can kill someone for theft...

You can in indiana to, so whats your point?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Issues like this are exactly why the Constitution dictates that all matters not addressed by federal law are left up to the states to decide.

If you don't like what's being proposed, stay the hell out of Texas. How about you don't try to tell us how to run our state and we won't tell you how to run yours?

If I have a problem with a particular state's laws, I don't lose my mind over it... I just make a note to never live in that state.

Whatever happened to people minding their own business?
edit on 2/2/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: Kali74

Well, don't steal from people. Pretty easy to avoid being killed in that manner then.

So what happened to this?

Destroying of property is not a deadly force scenario. Unless, it is something like destruction of property that will lead to the harm of others. Like....setting a building on fire.

Now that you know that I'm not making it up... it's don't steal?

link   

Destroying of property is not a deadly force scenario. Unless, it is something like destruction of property that will lead to the harm of others. Like....setting a building on fire.

Aside from that, removing the whole "shoot them when drawing on the desk" BS, there is no issue. Again, so long as killing any person is not justified for damaging property where no person has the possibility to get injured.

So you agree that destruction of school property that has nothing to do causing physical injury should not justify the use of deadly force?

Then you agree with the OP and disagree with current Texas law and the proposed legislation. Again, it is clearly stated within the legislation:

Sec. 38A.003. EDUCATOR'S DEFENSE OF SCHOOL PROPERTY. (a)
An educator is justified in using force or deadly force on school
property, on a school bus, or at a school-sponsored event in defense
of property of the school
that employs the educator if, under the
circumstances as the educator reasonably believes them to be, the
educator would be justified under Section 9.43, Penal Code, in
using force or deadly force, as applicable, in defense of property
of the school
that employs the educator.

This is the part of the proposed legislation that is the subject of the thread and to a larger extent, the current Texas law which already allows somebody to use deadly force IN DEFENSE OF PROPERTY (with or without the threat of imminent physical harm).

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

It's disgusting is what... now the application is being enshrined for teachers to use against students.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If this topic title isn't sensationalized propaganda I don't know what is. This is along the lines of "Obama has the authority to drone strike you and your family!" Is it true? Yes, How likely is it? Unless you are a terrorist, it is nigh on nil. This law was designed to allow teachers to defend their students and workplace against extreme violence, not to allow them to kill students who are talking in class. Quit the fear mongering and Liberal propaganda BS.
edit on 2-2-2015 by chuck258 because: typo

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I think I will comment on anything I please.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

And pencils... won't someone think of the poor tax-payer funded pencils?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Well that's absolutely untrue. Don't let that get in the way though.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Issues like this are exactly why the Constitution dictates that all matters not addressed by federal law are left up to the states to decide.

If you don't like what's being proposed, stay the hell out of Texas. How about you don't try to tell us how to run our state and we won't tell you how to run yours?

If I have a problem with a particular state's laws, I don't lose my mind over it... I just make a note to never live in that state.

Maybe thats just it! Maybe we should get a federal law that covers this type of thing so that states don't have the power to decide it for themselves!!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

In many states, trespassing is still an offense where one can react with using higher levels of force.

That sure is the case of Area 51, and other government facilities.

Guess they are the only ones with that right.

link   
I imagine the teachers at Columbine had wished for this kind of legislation. Yes, it's horrible that kids are the ones possibly getting killed but it's also horrible that some of them bring weapons into class for the sole purpose of killing as many as they can find. Also, before anyone starts blaming the weapons, it's more the individual that uses it than the weapon. I have a rifle sitting not ten feet from me in the corner and it hasn't shot anyone. People will kill each other with whatever they get their hands on, even their bare hands. The blame goes to the crazy people that don't value life.

link   

a reply to: Answer

I think I will comment on anything I please.

Oh feel free. Just know that we Texans couldn't care less about your opinion so at the end of the day, all of the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the anti-gun crowd is a literal waste of time and effort.
edit on 2/2/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Answer

Maybe thats just it! Maybe we should get a federal law that covers this type of thing so that states don't have the power to decide it for themselves!!

I really hope that's sarcasm...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I'm sorry that you don't approve of the 5th Amendment.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You're good with use of deadly force to protect property?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I'm sorry that you don't approve of the 5th Amendment.

LOL seriously ?

You have all but judged, and jurored , executed Texas in this thread.

That comment was totally priceless!.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join