It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe there is something to (a part) of the chemtrail theory.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mrthumpy

I used that graphic to point out H2O, the metals are trace metals, and like I posted above...

The differing species in jet exhaust include: unspent fuel, aluminum, sulfur, manganese, chromium, and barium. In Australian research that cites studies performed by government agencies from the United States, Australia, and France, a virtual cornucopia of metals and other inorganic species have been found in and around major airports. These inorganic elements are considered toxic in many instances, and we normally avoid them – but they’re a normal part of jet operations. The metallic species (i.e., manganese or chromium) result from the corrosion of sulfuric acid upon the jet engines, and the sulfuric acid results from sulfur-containing jet fuel.

Riddled with metal.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: iDope
a reply to: mrthumpy

I used that graphic to point out H2O, the metals are trace metals, and like I posted above...

The differing species in jet exhaust include: unspent fuel, aluminum, sulfur, manganese, chromium, and barium. In Australian research that cites studies performed by government agencies from the United States, Australia, and France, a virtual cornucopia of metals and other inorganic species have been found in and around major airports. These inorganic elements are considered toxic in many instances, and we normally avoid them – but they’re a normal part of jet operations. The metallic species (i.e., manganese or chromium) result from the corrosion of sulfuric acid upon the jet engines, and the sulfuric acid results from sulfur-containing jet fuel.

Riddled with metal.

Trace isn't 'riddled' and they're from wear and tear on the engine, not part of the jet exhaust which is why they're not included in that graphic.

So we've moved away from contrails and what you're actually worried about is traces of metals in exhaust.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

I think this may help you.

To answer this question, lets first identify what a contrail is. A contrail is the condensation trail that is left behind by a passing jet plane. Contrails form when hot humid air from jet exhaust mixes with environmental air of low vapor pressure and low temperature. Vapor pressure is just a fancy term for the amount of pressure that is exerted by water vapor itself (as opposed to atmospheric, or barometric, pressure which is due to the weight of the entire atmosphere above you). The mixing occurs directly behind the plane due to the turbulence generated by the engine. If condensation (conversion from a gas to a liquid) occurs, then a contrail becomes visible. Since air temperatures at these high atmospheric levels are very cold (generally colder than -40 F), only a small amount of liquid is necessary for condensation to occur. Water is a normal byproduct of combustion in engines.

www.wrh.noaa.gov...

Air traffic does create C02 which is said to be the cause of AGW. So Al Gore and all the other folks battling against the AGW monster would prefer that no planes flew. (except the one he flies all over speaking about how bad AGW is) But those elements mentioned in the OP aren't anywhere to be found in airplane exhaust. There are claims that the planes have separate sprayers and tanks of some chemicals with all those metals in them, but that is unproven and given the math, quite impossible. What is possible is that all those elements that are present in the dirt, become airborne by wind and disturbing the dirt through manufacturing and mining and they concentrate in the areas they are most prevalent. (my point)

But in the end, contrails are man made clouds and what you see is ice crystals. The exhaust does have other elements from the combustion process, but you cannot see it with your eyes, and it's very minute.

<< 1  2   >>

join