It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Implications of Iran's Fajr satellite launch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
According to Al Jazeera, the Jerusalem Post and Yahoo News Iran has launched a Fajr satellite . It has a 110 # payload and will be orbiting at approximately 280 miles.

The real questions ......

1. Does this make Iran capable of delivering a nuclear payload , especially an EMP payload ?

2. How will Israel react to this ?

3. If in fact they are capable of a nuclear payload , could this indicate they are ready to deploy a nuclear device ?

I know there are other considerations.....what do you think ??

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I read an article in Popular Mechanics back in the 90's about building an EMP device. They actually showed how it could be put together and how one works. All it basically was is banks of capacitors powered by a battery, with a copper coil wired to it and a copper tube in the coil with a small explosive device just strong enough to make the copper tube expand. What it does it this: the device detonates, the copper tube expands and shorts out the coil. This in turn sends out a huge pulse that basically fries anything electronic that's not in a Faraday cage. The article said you can make one for less than $300 and can be dropped from a plane. Who knows what they can do now.
edit on 2-2-2015 by Skid Mark because: spelling

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
1) I'd feel certain that they could.

2) I'd feel certain by crying about it and making up fantasy threats.

3) I'd feel certain that's a no, they're not stupid, they just don't want to be defenceless to other Nuclear States in the region, such as Israel allegedly, & Pakistan most definitely.

And considering this is their region of Earth...
They have every right to have a defence to the two states mentioned for various reasons.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The altitude is fine for a spy satellite and a few other things, but the 110 pound payload is very limiting. Nukes of any size are really heavy.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Iran has only recently ventured into the satellite industry after the new millennium so I think its safe to say they are just trying to advance their tech sector. They have a couple up there now believe for climate patterns as well as watching the world. So do most of the G20 though. I dont think its fair to say Iran is planning on launching a nuclear weapon from space just because they launched a satellite.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Ah them filthy iranis and them vicious ISIS, them sneaky Saudis and those crazy Pakis....theyre all out to get youse....

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
The altitude is fine for a spy satellite and a few other things, but the 110 pound payload is very limiting. Nukes of any size are really heavy.

Except those fired out of the American army nuclear cannon, and the little john rocket, and the Soviet 'suitcase' bombs, although there is some doubt about those existing.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Forgot the American navy nuclear tipped torpedoes, but that might just be a rumour, never did much research on those, anyone know?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DYepes
Thanks for your reply. I asked a question about Iran's possible intentions, since a 280 mile orbit is conducive for an EMP strike....never said Iran is planning an EMP strike .

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Wow !! All that out of three questions?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

Except those fired out of the American army nuclear cannon, and the little john rocket, and the Soviet 'suitcase' bombs, although there is some doubt about those existing.

The m65 atomic cannon fired a 600 pound shell.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM
According to Al Jazeera, the Jerusalem Post and Yahoo News Iran has launched a Fajr satellite . It has a 110 # payload and will be orbiting at approximately 280 miles.

The real questions ......

1. Does this make Iran capable of delivering a nuclear payload , especially an EMP payload ?

2. How will Israel react to this ?

3. If in fact they are capable of a nuclear payload , could this indicate they are ready to deploy a nuclear device ?

I know there are other considerations.....what do you think ??

Iran satellite circling the globe?

What could possibly go worng?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The evil Muslims are now bringing Sharia law to the atmosphere.

new topics

top topics

join