It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland puts last ever McDonald's burger and chips in national MUSEUM.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Iceland looks more appealing all the time.

They speak Old Norse, the language of the Vikings... what a cool place. I'd love to visit it sometime.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Well to be fair, they just shut the US brand name out.
You go into their former restaurants and it is EXACTLY the same, just Iceland owned and named.

Now, now....don't let inconvenient facts interfere with the "ATS Hates McDonald's" meme that we seem to have going.

too bad i am on my ketogenic intake cycle....or i would go buy 2 big macs just to stick it to the man.

One thing is for sure: if as many people hated McDonald's as it would seem here, there wouldn't be any restaurants able to pay their bills.

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
You guys realise that the only reason the food doesn't decay is the preservatives in them right? There is nothing disgusting (other than the preservatives I guess) in McDonald's food. It's just preservatives and sugar that keeps it from rotting.

That said. I don't really eat it.

I found an almond that fell behind my desk years ago. It wasn't rotten. It must be a McAlmond
edit on 2/2/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
When that museum falls apart, that burger can be transferred to a new museum. When a volcano buries Iceland in twenty five feet of ash, people two thousand years in the future will be digging for ancient artifacts and eat this burger.

That was funny right there. I call closing McRancid down an intelligent choice. It shows they care just a wee bit about their people. I know the choice is ours but you can't fix stupid. The only problem I have is Iceland giving it a part in a national museum. I would bury that in the deepest bowls of hell or send it to ISIS.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

When that museum falls apart, that burger can be transferred to a new museum. When a volcano buries Iceland in twenty five feet of ash, people two thousand years in the future will be digging for ancient artifacts and eat this burger.

That was funny right there. I call closing McRancid down an intelligent choice. It shows they care just a wee bit about their people. I know the choice is ours but you can't fix stupid. The only problem I have is Iceland giving it a part in a national museum. I would bury that in the deepest bowls of hell or send it to ISIS.

But you need to do stuff like recording history so people in the future can learn from our mistakes.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

But you need to do stuff like recording history so people in the future can learn from our mistakes.

I see your point. Learn from your mistakes. I would be embarrassed.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

All I can tell you is that the world would be a far better place if every McDonald's and it's equivalent burnt to the ground.

Disgusting food brought to you by companies that just don't give a # about your health!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleGreenAlien

All I can tell you is that the world would be a far better place if every McDonald's and it's equivalent burnt to the ground.

Disgusting food brought to you by companies that just don't give a # about your health!

Profit > health

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I found an almond that fell behind my desk years ago. It wasn't rotten. It must be a McAlmond

Seeds occur naturally, longevity is 'designed' in. I'd like to see a side by side of the Icelandic new burger sold in the old restaurant.

Maybe they use whale meat instead of beef?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
They serve whale quite a bit, and errr horse.
Their food is terrific! Not the whale and horse though.
I can suggest some AWESOME restaurants there, besides METRO (which is the Icelandic Macdonalds)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I would probably visit, but kind of stuck for means. Like hearing about the place though.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

LOL....it would seem longevity is designed into the McDonalds menu, too.

It not a big secret that preservatives and whatnot aren't good for you. But all things in moderation isn't something that humans naturally tend to.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleGreenAlien

I'm sorry, but why should a company care about your health THAT much? It offers food (and fairly ethical and healthy food considering the size of McD's)...then its up to YOU if you eat it.

You guys are funny. One minute you moan about gun control and the big government getting involved in your lives..that it's up to YOU to decide how to live.

Then you say a company like mcdonalds which already does a LOT to stay on the better side of fast food has to look after your health.

Pretty pathetic in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
That was a good belly laugh after reading the OP and the subsequent comments
from now on i will be looking for the "forever burger" in every museum i visit

I stopped eating that garbage a couple of years ago and i do not miss it even a little bit
edit on 24-2-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
When i was in primary school it was the fat kids that copped all the flack . Honestly there were 2.5 fat kids in my class of over 30 . Now it would be the skinny kids that get picked on . One survey i saw said that 85% of kids had never climbed a tree . WTF How in hell are you ever going to get the broken arm badge of honour if you dont climb a tree . Its not just mcdonalds , insert fast food chain here .....................

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join