It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Plans to Usher In World's First 'Cashless Society'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The end of yard sales, swap meets, lending your brother twenty bucks, selling your smartphone to your mate, money for birthdays and christmas, this list could be a long one !
This would change the way many millions of people live their lives, and for what ? saving twenty seconds in a queue at the cash register ? Oh come on. This serves NOBODY but the rich and powerful. If this happens in YOUR country you should prepare to throw out your government !!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The only way a cashless society would work is if the banks and the governments could be trusted, since they have proven that they can`t be trusted it won`t work because there is too much potential for abuse and exploitation.

I don`t normally use cash but it`s nice to know that the option is there if I ever need it.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Though if the world does go cashless, I forsee a high probability that people will find a way to mask thier illegal activities through various proxies. For example: setting up an "auto parts" store on paper but really selling drugs so that thier transactions are masked. It wouldn't be difficult, and will most definitely happen if we go "cashless".
a reply to: AutOmatIc

Good point but People involved with organized crime already use front operations to launder money, so nothing new there. A cashless society would only have an an effect on low level type crime, those that don't even have bank accounts etc...

I am convinced that many countries will be going cashless as it benefits the big corps and their puppet governments.
What I predict will happen is another global economic collapse, the "Bond bubble" that will usher in some new electronic currency because cash will have become worthless by then anyway.
I would elaborate but it will take to long and a little research will reveal more than I can write here.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: PGTWEED
The signs are pointing to the rise of The Anti-Christ. No one will be able to buy or sell without the Name or Number of The Beast. If you don't have either. It would be an automatic death sentence.

This is my number one pet peeve. The barcodes been around for a long time now. And people then said the same thing. oh noes the beast is coming!! run for the hills!! give your money to the church!!

According to these people we should had alredy been through armageddon. Funny i dont recall people gettin marked and swearing a oaths to the anti christ. Can anyone else remember that?

ALso the number and mark do not come about until well into tribulation. bout 3 yrs in from what ive been told. If its done before his appeareance its not applicable.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If they actually think they can cut back on illegal activity they really are silly. Have they never heard of hackers? If they try that crap here I know quite a few people that will be majorly POed, myself included as I don't have a bank account and actually like to see how much money I have physically, instead of having to rely on a machine to see how much. Also, the grid could go down and then what? Stupid.

On a side note: Didn't they have a society like this on Bladerunner? I seem to recall a part where Harrison Ford's character was in a taxi and had his hand or something scanned by a reader to pay the fare. Instead of dollars they used credits; though. Does anyone else remember this?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM
a reply to: rokkuman

I'm afraid anyone that is for a cashless society has lost any understanding of privacy and or personal freedom.

You're quite correct. It's a puzzling development. I almost get the impression that, (and I'm assuming the backers of the cashless society in the US are youthful Millennials), they're near hostile to the privacy concept; its as though they're suspicious of people who attempt to keep personal information private. I've noted, for example, that they're quite disdainful of anyone who doesn't have a Facebook account.

What I don't understand is ....where did that attitude come from?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I remember the credits that you're talking about. It's the same with MANY movies set in the future. It's Hollywoods 'predictive programming'. Just about all of hollywoods movies that are set in the not too distant future have a tyrannical dictatorship, police state and some type of credit/chip system in a cashless society.
They have constantly been working hand in hand with the 'elites' (puke) to condition the masses for acceptance of what is to come.
Oh, but how DARE you watch their propaganda for free, bitches.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

why not just facial recognition technology?

implants are too mark of the beast and carrying something's soooooo last year
lol
edit on 2-2-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

On a side note: Didn't they have a society like this on Bladerunner? I seem to recall a part where Harrison Ford's character was in a taxi and had his hand or something scanned by a reader to pay the fare. Instead of dollars they used credits; though. Does anyone else remember this?

I believe you are right, though I would have to watch it yet again to be certain. There are so many gems in that film.
Alas all these moments lost in time, like tears, in the rain.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

What I don't understand is ....where did that attitude come from?
a reply to: TonyS

Its called indoctrination I believe. Its amazing what we all can be made to believe if there's enough people around us to make us think it so...

edit on 2-2-2015 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
lol more propaganda from you?

Why would FORCING people to use electronic payment be better? They can use it now if they wish, thats their choice. One power outage ruins the country - terrorists better not take note!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You seem to think a cashless society is a good thing. Well, what happens when the government begins to marginalize you and decides to lock you out. How do you buy or sell? Why does Israel want to be the first cashless society? Are they trying to shoot for the Mark of the Beast?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ihsaan
And then one day.... when you oppose the government..

Your'e no longer on the system at a press of a button.. You can no longer work or have access to your funding, commuting will become difficult, no visits to the hospital, paying rent or loans becomes impossible. You know how it ends.
12 monkeys underground hacking the grid.

Looking at the way bureaucracy works, I find it hard to believe that your identity could be erased with the simple press of a button.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Instead of false flags and propaganda wars, you could have the banking cartels flick the switch to essentially send a nation into free fall. leaving the Country in a stiff position to agree to any certain demands or foreign policy or else.

No way would Russia, Asia, Iran & the Middle East ever go down that path. Sanctions are bad enough now for some country, imagine running a country without trade dollars. It would all be barter.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

You seem to think a cashless society is a good thing. Well, what happens when the government begins to marginalize you and decides to lock you out. How do you buy or sell? Why does Israel want to be the first cashless society? Are they trying to shoot for the Mark of the Beast?

" Mark of the Beast"?

Look, I am not religious and this is not a religious discussion.

You are just arbitrarily reading things into this because your 2000 year old book said something about beasts and dragons.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I only made the comment because it dove-tailed with the subject, but in your arrogant crusade against prophecy, you failed to address my more objective points:

What happens when the government becomes aparthied and begins to marginalize certain people?
How will people buy or sell if the government decides to lock you out?
Do you think governments are immune to corruption?

It seems that you have allowed naivete to blind you, if you support the 'cashless option'. The only thing a government has to gain from a cashless society is unwarranted control of the people, but by doing so, they will be shooting themselves in the foot (economically speaking).

Lighten up man. And dont take the mark.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: PGTWEED
The signs are pointing to the rise of The Anti-Christ. No one will be able to buy or sell without the Name or Number of The Beast. If you don't have either. It would be an automatic death sentence.

This is my number one pet peeve. The barcodes been around for a long time now. And people then said the same thing. oh noes the beast is coming!! run for the hills!! give your money to the church!!

According to these people we should had alredy been through armageddon. Funny i dont recall people gettin marked and swearing a oaths to the anti christ. Can anyone else remember that?

ALso the number and mark do not come about until well into tribulation. bout 3 yrs in from what ive been told. If its done before his appeareance its not applicable.
Because the events are still YET TO HAPPEN! We are still in the preliminary stage. A cashless society would be child's play for a despot to control. How do we know The person yet to be revealed as The Anti-Christ doesn't gain control of the cashless economy before he is revealed? Then once He has Full Power then he will establish The Mark of the Beast to keep track of every person on Earth. The Nazis exploited the idea of the Autobahn, which is from the Weimar Republic. The Anti-Christ will exploit the earlier technological advances to his own ends the same as Adolf Hitler and the Nazis did in Europe.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The only problem is that every transaction will be taxed. "under the table" will no longer exist.

Then again, Bitcoin ensures that no state currency will ever be absolute.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PGTWEED

OK. You still didnt answer me. If the mark dont come about until the AC is in power correct? OK. Following that logic the "barcode" aka "UPC" is not the mark of the beast.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
While a fully fledged cashless society may never happen, they could control certain aspects of society through it.

KEY services in the future that will ONLY accept electronic payments or the use of a government I.D chipped card.
In effect it's the same thing but just giving people the illusion of choice in the matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join