It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Just ONE video, photo, anecdote, piece of evidence...were TRUE!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
So I started thinking about all the supposed evidence in the UFO field after binge watching a load of UFO related vids. I started thinking about the mounds of evidence that we have. Most that I've seen is questionable. A LOT are downright hoaxes with CGI, photoshop, etc.

But there are a good percentage of videos out there that I would say pose a valid concern. There are stories from professionals who are SANE who have experienced "UFO" activity, up to Close Encounters...many.

My assertion is that if ONE of these stories is true. If ONE UFO experience is not of Earth origin. If ONE Alien contact is real...then we have something to be concerned about and it should be investigated and taken seriously for it's connotations.

All it takes out of the thousands of files is ONE.

Is that enough to be concerned? Is my theory valid? I ask ATS.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I think almost everyone here takes UFOs seriously for this reason. That is why we are all here.
This is an argument you should take to the MSM, who have nothing for the UFO subject other than ridicule and X-Files references.

But the fact remains... Nearly 70 years since Kenneth Arnold's sighting and that one single case you speak of has never been proven.
edit on 2802America/Chicago44America/ChicagoamMon, 02 Feb 2015 02:16:44 -06002015-02-02T02:16:44-06:0002f by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Check out the older books ....like The Flying Saucers are Real .......
The early to late fifties have some pretty convincing people testifying to sightings.....

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I feel this fits here too.

And just because there is an agency collecting and jealously watching over the proof doesn't mean it is not-existing.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
To be honest, i have always been a skeptic.
and sure, if there was a single photo or video that could be proven real beyond doubt, i would be all for it, but when you look at the ufo phenomena, you really have nothing concrete.
I would love for it to be true, to finally know that we are not alone in the universe. Statistically speaking we can be almost certain there is life on other planets, but to finally meet one, that would be groundbreaking to say the least.
But whatever proof we have at this point, is for the most part nonsense. blurry things that we are not really sure what they are, and just because of that, we scream "ufo!!"
One fun little experiment would be to take a few of the cases that you "know" are true, those few cases that you feel REALLY have some validity and post them here.
And within 1 hour people will debunk them and tell you you are wrong.
So my question to you and the community is, how can you say that something constitutes proof, if you can't even agree on what that proof would look like in the first place?
Heck, maybe i will elaborate and make a post out of that very question

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Contacts and abductions seem to be a selective experience. No intention in the other side to make this for all.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I tend to take Keyhoe at his word...Ruppelt too.....

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

A huge amount of hoaxes alright. I can't think for one second though that all are hoaxes.
And if every one of them are hoaxes then that's almost as fascinating.

I think Rendelsham Forest is as strong a case as you'll get for contact. Multiple trained witnesses, evidence and excellent testimonies.

I also would be very surprised if Travis Walton's case wasn't factual. Again multiple witnesses and lie detector tests passed.

Some of the older photos are great as another poster alluded to, I particularly like the photo of Vancouver Island, a real classic saucer pic.

The case of the UFO landing near a school in Zimbabwe always struck me as a very strong case also.

Why there isn't more evidence is something that has always baffled me.
Is it that Earths governments will do all it can in its power to delete any good evidence? Are the extra terrestrials so advanced that they can wipe images from phones, wipe peoples memories. And if so why are they so determined to keep it secret?

For me it's a question of logic. One the plus side we have evidence that life can exist in the universe, us. We have an endless universe with endless stars and planets. We have thousands and thousands of reports of strange things in the sky. All we need is one to be true.

On the negative side, the proof is sketchy at best and witnesses can be unreliable or prone to fantasy.

Even saying that though I find it hard to think that every reported case is false. Logically for me some of them have to be right considering the many many thousands claims of sightings and reported contact.

I think what is even more of a mystery is how they (either the e.ts or our governments) are keeping this secret.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
To think out of the trillions of possibilities of life in the vast universe. We can't even explore our solar system not to mention map our whole galaxy. Not to mention that there are countless galaxies. You would be naive to think we are the only life when there are countless examples of life here on one planet - > Earth. Only a blind belief in what the christian type religions ( Christianity, Islam , Judaism, ) all stem from same origin. taught early on would be an excuse.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
There's every chance that a video you've seen of a ufo or alien has been the real deal but it gets simply dismissed due to all the crap and fakes currently circling the net. The problem nowadays is that its too easy to make the fake video's and create elaborate puppets to use in them.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AreYouSirius

A huge amount of hoaxes alright. I can't think for one second though that all are hoaxes.
And if every one of them are hoaxes then that's almost as fascinating.

I think Rendelsham Forest is as strong a case as you'll get for contact. Multiple trained witnesses, evidence and excellent testimonies.

To me, all those facts point more to it being disinformation. Rendlesham seems to be the pinicale because retired government officials have come forward. It's like everyone forgets WHO they worked for!? Just because they say it's true does not make it so. And I tend to distrust anyone from the 'gov that is deliberately on ufo documentaries or shows.

So if they're all hoaxes that basically means human love to lie, big shocker.

But I do believe there is something out there and I feel we have not evolved enough or perhaps will not ever be able to fully understand. Try teaching a turtle how to play poker, just not going to happen. We could be the same when it comes to higher life forms to us.

edit on 2/2/2015 by mcx1942 because: fix

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I agree with your prospective and it is the same approach I use. But I extended it a bit further to other areas as well. You can say that about every supernatural thing. we have a lot of testimonies and images for all kinds of different and weird stuff. And from my POW it is unimaginable that all of it is false.
For instance the african school fiasco where you have many children witness and I do not believe that they are little liars.

www.youtube.com...

And from my experience I can say the same for spirituality NOT religion. There are many accounts of various saints, yogis and gurus in different eras. Who have achieved something and lived it. Even the buddha supposedly said: Do not believe me, try it for yourself!
So I did just that and in doing that with an open mind I discovered that I do not know nothing about myself and who am I. And I managed to get a few experiences and feelings which just deepened the rabbit hole
And so my journey inwards began haha but this is a totally different matter...

What I want to project is that with an open mind there are a lot of mysteries in this world. And if you decide that all of it is false, than this is the way you will see it. And you will never be satisfied even when there is a definite prove knocking on your door.

We all see what we want to see

edit on 1422878985209February092092815 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Guys don't focus on these things! Do you have any idea how much disinfo the NWO sends to us?! Aliens could be in the universe, the elite could be aliens, aliens could be in the Earth etc etc. Focus on what is important, defeating them now. Raise your consciousness, train yourself for war and spread the word!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: longy9999
There's every chance that a video you've seen of a ufo or alien has been the real deal but it gets simply dismissed due to all the crap and fakes currently circling the net. The problem nowadays is that its too easy to make the fake video's and create elaborate puppets to use in them.

Which is why you need to have cross referenced evidence. It is much much harder to fake evidence that requires multiple views of the same object unless the whole scene is rendered as a 3D model. However a 3D model only looks "real" when it excludes everyday normal things, people!, rubbish, non uniform grass, weather beaten trees etc.

I am one of those who would like to see the irrefutable evidence. A single photo can be faked, 3 white pixels at night can be absolutely anything, the recollections of a single individual are unreliable for a multitude of reasons. Those 3 just about kills off everything I have ever seen here on ATS and everything I ever saw as teenager who bought all the books and magazines !!!!

If ever we have a scene like that from Star Trek First Contact it would be amazing. Yes , I know it has already happened, apparently. It's all a secret so as not to scare us......but how come the aliens landed in the US? How convenient for all the English speaking UFO believers !!!!! How come the aliens are still buzzing around the skies if it's all supposed to be an agreed secret ? If it's not an agreed secret then why don't the aliens land somewhere after all they have travelled a freaking long way to simply "have a peek at our grass from 10000 feet!". ? Sorry but this doesn't make any sense.

I firmly believe that there are worlds out there occupied by intelligent species. I would hope that the our incomplete knowledge of physics means we can travel to other worlds one day BUT I have seen absolutely no irrefutable evidence ever in 40 years following this stuff that any of them are visiting us.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

it should be investigated and taken seriously for it's connotations.

Have you never listened to a Stan Friedman lecture?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

Check out the older books ....like The Flying Saucers are Real .......
The early to late fifties have some pretty convincing people testifying to sightings.....

Yeah but back then the military would have been experimenting with new plane technology and nobody would have known really....It wasn't like on one of the 5 tv stations they had a new technology channel for people to see what NASA and the government were up to....Most, if not all, of the 60's and back "UFO" sightings were more than likely just aerial technology from NASA/government, IMHO of course....But they didn't have the information readily available to them like we do now.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

First you need to produce the evidence that a UFO sighting equals alien sighting. All a UFO is an unidentified object that is defying gravity. So even credible evidence that a UFO exists, != credible evidence that an alien spaceship exists.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Silly little earthlings, yes it's all true - we're here in this huge universe all alone. Your God made you and only you and the earth that you live upon. //sarcasm
If you want proof look around, do you really need to replace common sense with a video or photo? Every possible clue and proof is right in front of your eyes, yet no one can see the forest for the trees! Unreal...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
Silly little earthlings, yes it's all true - we're here in this huge universe all alone. Your God made you and only you and the earth that you live upon. //sarcasm

It would be sheer arrogance...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
...But there are a good percentage of videos out there that I would say pose a valid concern. There are stories from professionals who are SANE who have experienced "UFO" activity, up to Close Encounters...many.

My assertion is that if ONE of these stories is true. If ONE UFO experience is not of Earth origin. If ONE Alien contact is real...

I get what you're saying, but to expand on what krazysh0t said above, just because "professionals who are sane" may have seen something that can be proven to be odd, strange, and not explainable as any known natural phenomenon or any known terrestrial object, that does not automatically make it alien.

I think there would need to be some proof that something is alien beyond "I can't explain what that was".

"I can't explain what that was" should lead to a person saying "Therefore, I don't know what that was" rather than leading to "Therefore, that's definite proof of Aliens".

edit on 2/2/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2 >>

join