It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Navy Flight Engineer Saw Silver Discs and Entrance to Alleged E.T and Human Collaboration ...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceWizard
Is this thread being monitored at all ?
It appears to; have lots off topic posts and be off topic.

It's the OP's topic, and the OP's thread drift.

originally posted by: Aquariusdude

We are not ready. There is a case where ufos showed up in Washington d.c on 1952 and has numerous photographs,radar contacts, witnesses and even a shoot-down order .Then president Harry Truman even asked the AF what they were..Even with this case people still don't believe in the possibility that alien life is currently visiting earth.(and there hundreds of other cases with solid evidence with credible witnesses)..But for a large segment of the population they will never be able to accept the possibility that we are not alone and are currently being visited...

Also you are assuming that if alien's exist that they are benevolent...

I would love for you to tell me what those saucers in Washington D.C were...Temperature inversions? lol

en.wikipedia.org...

The sightings of July 26–27 also made front-page headlines, and even led President Harry Truman to personally call Capt. Ruppelt to ask for an explanation of the sightings. Ruppelt, remembering the conversation he had with Capt. James, told the President that the sightings might have been caused by a temperature inversion, in which a layer of warm, moist air covers a layer of cool, dry air closer to the ground. This condition can cause radar signals to bend and give false returns. However, Ruppelt had not yet interviewed any of the witnesses or conducted a formal investigation.[17]

CIA historian Gerald Haines, in his 1997 history of the CIA's involvement with UFOs, also mentions Truman's concern. "A massive buildup of sightings over the United States in 1952, especially in July, alarmed the Truman administration. On 19 and 20 July, radar scopes at Washington National Airport and Andrews Air Force Base tracked mysterious blips. On 27 July, the blips reappeared."[18]

White House concern may possibly have resulted in an order to shoot down the UFOs, reported in various International News Service (INS) stories on July 29, 1952. E.g., one such story reported that "jet pilots have been placed on a 24-hour nationwide 'alert against the flying saucers' with orders to 'shoot them down' if they ignore orders to land." An Air Force public information officer, Lt. Col. Moncel Monte, confirmed the directive stating, "The jet pilots are, and have been, under orders to investigate unidentified objects and to shoot them down if they can't talk them down."

Pic of ufo's over White House
www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The objects were in fact on radar...

Which has nothing to do with the lens flare in that particular photo.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

What do you think of the other photographs I posted? You think they are lens flare as well? How about all the credible people that witnessed the event?
edit on amq000000amMon, 09 Feb 2015 11:11:09 -0600110000000909000000 by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

a reply to: draknoir2

What about the other photographs? What about the witnesses?

Don't know. What about them?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Aquariusdude

The DC UFOs in 1952 certainly kicked up a storm but were not mass sightings. The events were real however the photos and often seen video are not genuine footage.

Most of the 'objects' were detected on radar and only a few witnesses had visual sightings. The photos are almost all from the same source with the reflection from the street lights below causing the impression that there are real objects over the Capitol. See CardDown's blog.

www.blueblurrylines.com...

It is suspected that both weekends of UFO's in July 1952 were caused by a secret military exercise. Project Palladium comes to mind. But even if it was something else it is still a huge leap to believe it was aliens.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

The DC UFOs in 1952 certainly kicked up a storm but were not mass sightings. The events were real however the photos and often seen video are not genuine footage.

Most of the 'objects' were detected on radar and only a few witnesses had visual sightings. The photos are almost all from the same source with the reflection from the street lights below causing the impression that there are real objects over the Capitol. See CardDown's blog.

It is suspected that both weekends of UFO's in July 1952 were caused by a secret military exercise. Project Palladium comes to mind. But even if it was something else it is still a huge leap to believe it was aliens.

How could it be a secret military exercise when there was a shootdown order?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I'm not 100% certain it was an exercise/experiment. There are other threads to discuss that issue.

A number of newspapers printed stories of a possible "shootdown order" and also Lt. Col. Moncel Monte confirmed that jet pilots were to investigate unidentified objects and to shoot them down if they can't talk them down. However the Air Force also issued contradictory statements soon after stating the objects posed no threat.

If you read Ed Ruppelt's book (the link is below) there is a strange 'prediction' in it:

A few days prior to the incident [Washington DC July 1952], a scientist, from an agency that I can't name and I were talking about the build-up of reports along the east coast of the United States". At the end of the two hour conversation, the scientist made a prediction: ..... 'Within the next few days....they're going to blow up and you're going to have the granddaddy of all UFO sightings. The sighting will occur in Washington or New York,' he predicted, 'probably Washington.'"

Source : Captain Edward Ruppelt - ”The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects” - Chapter 12

So the events of July 1952 were definitely very real incidents. But the cause of them was not necessarily aliens.

edit on 10/2/15 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Wasn't the shoot down order for the whole of the US? Are we certain that one is responsible for the other? Is it not possible that some other undisclosed event may have triggered the shootdown order?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

I believe the shootdown order was for the Washington Dc area as that's where the airpspace was violated.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I believe the shootdown order was for the Washington Dc area as that's where the airpspace was violated.

You can believe that if you want and you can believe the story in your OP. But according to the media the 1952 "shoot down" order was a nationwide alert.

Although the Air Force played the threat down not long after the press reports and claimed it as 'temperature inversions.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

See, if the shootdown order was related to the DC event, why was it not mentioned in the article?

They may be related events, but at the same time they may not be related at all. At this point, I have seen insufficient proof tying them together...

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The Washington '52 incident is one of the more bizarre and unexplained. There were radar contacts and visual sightings by fighter pilots attempting to intercept, air traffic control and civilians on the ground. Flight performance and acceleration of the objects was reported to be 'radical'.

senior air-traffic controller at the airport, watched the objects on Nugent's radarscope. He later wrote:
We knew immediately that a very strange situation existed . . . their movements were completely radical compared to those of ordinary aircraft.

en.wikipedia.org...

Aircraft with flight performance and characteristics like this did not exist in 1952 and even today do not exist in my opinion. Not made by us anyway...
edit on 12-2-2015 by JimTSpock because: link

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

You can believe that if you want and you can believe the story in your OP. But according to the media the 1952 "shoot down" order was a nationwide alert.

Although the Air Force played the threat down not long after the press reports and claimed it as 'temperature inversions.

Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

People will make all sorts of excuses to not include the possibility that they "are not ours" ..I guess they can't change there paradigm of the world they live in.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

One cannot, rationally, come to any logical conclusion as to whether they are "ours" or not. I am pretty much referring to all UFO sightings. By definition they are UFOs...Unidentified. There is no proof of aliens, although in many cases the alien scenario seems to fit the best.

Who is to say with any certainty that the UFOs are not visitors from our future? In a vacuum of hard information it is not logical to jump to conclusions. One may speculate, but to say with certainty is just rationalization.

I want to believe. I have my own list of "best evidence" but looking at my own list if I am honest, there is no proof of aliens per se. There is only speculation. Unfortunately, it is likely that until TPTB tell us there has been contact, we will not know. Or perhaps when an alien craft crash lands in a populated area or something of that magnitude.

I just hope to know the truth before I die.....

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Weren't the lights above the Capitol proven to be some light reflections of the lights of the captiol where in certain angles they would look like lights flying and surrounding the capitol?

Also is there any good connection of this whole case with Operation high Jump from 1947? It was in 1947 where they claimed they had some kind of attack by some unknown objects - a story that remains just a story with no evidence

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

One cannot, rationally, come to any logical conclusion as to whether they are "ours" or not. I am pretty much referring to all UFO sightings. By definition they are UFOs...Unidentified. There is no proof of aliens, although in many cases the alien scenario seems to fit the best.

Who is to say with any certainty that the UFOs are not visitors from our future? In a vacuum of hard information it is not logical to jump to conclusions. One may speculate, but to say with certainty is just rationalization.

I want to believe. I have my own list of "best evidence" but looking at my own list if I am honest, there is no proof of aliens per se. There is only speculation. Unfortunately, it is likely that until TPTB tell us there has been contact, we will not know. Or perhaps when an alien craft crash lands in a populated area or something of that magnitude.

I just hope to know the truth before I die.....

Totally agree with you.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join