It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C'mon That was a really good game Pats win 28-24

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I know we're supposed to be distracted by this that and the other, and I barely watched football this year. But Unknown players stepped up in that game and I believe we should admire lower teir players in the NFL that step into that arena and perform on a high level. Yes their our present day Gladiators, and we cheer the hits knock helmets off. But what guy can just sit there when Marshawn Lynch runs into a gang off 350 pounders and keeps going. And Tom Brady, ever so clear and calculating. and his little friend Julian Edelman.. man cmon... this is yes a huge distraction and all that you guys say entertainment like the NFL is, but c'mon thats a battle and hereos stand up in battle . Excellent hard fought game I loved every minute of it, I would say the real mind games is to watch Blacklist

edit on 1-2-2015 by Speckle because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2015 by Speckle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yeah but just about, no, check that, the dumbest play call EVER>>

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

its funny though because the hawks 3rd TD used a 65+ year old ref to pick. They knew he's be there. Lets be real

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Ya, I couldn't believe it.
And carrolls explanation was crap too.
Pretty much said they called that to waste a play cause they didn't like the formation they got and then planned on running it in in the next couple downs.

It was a good game tho.
The blueprint on how to beat that hawks d is out, both green bay and pats moved the ball on them when they needed to.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Pete Carroll is an outstanding coach. He has been outstanding for years, before he was in Seattle. Was it a bad play? Maybe. But Russell could have called an audible, too.

Me? I am surprised they didn't try some kind of naked bootleg. Lynch wasn't going in easy. And Russel is like having a second half back in there. If the wishbone were still a thing, he would be the perfect wishbone QB. And he can throw.

It was the outgoing and incoming elite QB of the NFL battling it out tonight. Each fighting for their own little piece of legacy.

Good on the pats and Brady. And good on NFL fans for getting to see a good Superbowl. Finally.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Yes it was OK. The kid for the hawks ( Mathews ) whom was working at a Footlocker of all places. The Hawks used him.
A third string player ( whom the Pat's had no film on ) made his first career touchdown in the Super Bowl of all things.

But as a Representative native Pittsburgher! I'm seriously P O'd that the Pat's won!
Booooooo!

But yes the game was alright.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You are right, carroll is a great coach. That is what got me about the call.
I mean of all the things you could have done, that is what they came up with.

It was a great game in the end, that is how they should be.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

were i officiating the game, i would have flagged pass interference. He came through the recievers back and knocked him out of the way before the ball got there.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well they were letting them play but I don't see that at all.
The DB has every right to the ball that the WR does, he got there first.

edit on stSun, 01 Feb 2015 22:39:17 -0600America/Chicago220151780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
That last charge by Seattle really really deflated me:-)

On a serious note I was shocked speechless that they did not run that ball......yeah it was a good game alright just the right amount of tension.

One thing that I did notice was a major lack of flags, no conspiracy intended just an observation on my part.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

It was an awesome game!

Have to admit I'm being a bit of a sore loser about this one though. That play was incredibly dumb. Awesome athleticism from the rookie, but still feel like we got robbed by a very stupid mistake and a rather lucky catch.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
So what did you win? Higher taxes to pay for their stadium? Business building for billionaires that should fund their crap themselves. How much did it cost the citizens there to hold this event? All the security ect... The rich get richer as the poor get poorer because the state takes from them to fund these rich people, and they love it. Sad, people are so blind.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Well after getting an incredibly lucky catch too, I mean kerase was about to surpass the gum on the helmet catch to set up the win.

I think sherman's reaction from that play really summed it up though.

edit on stSun, 01 Feb 2015 22:55:52 -0600America/Chicago220155280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
So what did you win? Higher taxes to pay for their stadium? Business building for billionaires that should fund their crap themselves. How much did it cost the citizens there to hold this event? All the security ect... The rich get richer as the poor get poorer because the state takes from them to fund these rich people, and they love it. Sad, people are so blind.

In all fairness, blind people don't really make good football players.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Don't you try to soothe my butthurt!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
To the spectator--the consumer--of sporting events as entertainment, they serve no other purpose than for mass distraction.

However. Something can be said for the athletic and cognitive skills acquired through the participation in the event itself (i.e., playing in the game). Not to mention learning and refining cooperative achievement (teamwork).

I dunno. Playing the games (and practices) is beneficial to the participant's personal development. Except when they're carted off the field with a torn ACL and replaced by a practice squad hack. But I digress. Sports get somewhat of a raw deal among some of our ilk here, a little undeserved I think.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Hey, I am a niners fan, I know all to well about losing at the goal line!
And to a turnover to boot!

I feel the hurt, but won't lie and say I don't enjoy seeing the hawks go thru it

edit on stSun, 01 Feb 2015 23:23:41 -0600America/Chicago220154180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It was the most exciting Super Bowl I've seen in a long time. My heart sunk when that Seahawks receiver made that unbelievable catch at the end. I don't want to take credit for that interception but... on that second down after the miracle catch, I was chanting interception so...

My heart rate is about back to normal.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I don't want to take credit for that interception but... on that second down after the miracle catch, I was chanting interception so...

I fart in your general direction!

That catch was insane. I had my head buried in my hands and a second or two later my girlfriends Dad is going "HE CAUGHT IT!". It was a good game, and really that's the point. We lost fair and square, and the Seahawks aren't exactly strangers to weird comebacks.

Congrats.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I actually love the Niners. I would have been sad for you guys.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join