It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hockey Fans Pour Beer On Native Kids, Tell Them To 'Go Back To The Rez'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CptFreedom

Mods/admins notified.

Thanks for the notification.

Wouldn't have noticed your multiple accounts otherwise.

Banned.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yes it's common everywhere, but I tend to have this feeling that in the past...
While it may not have been utopian...

There was a degree of seperation between the civilised and the dregs...

Somewhere along the line some rabidly sexually frustrated humans decided to mate & integrate with the knuckle draggers out of ancient left wing pity...

And that led to the rise in the uncivilised becoming more prevalent in the community...

It's just a theory...

But we built Pyramids for crying out loud...
We invented calculus & began to study astrophysics...
The walls were lined with amazing carvings depicting a time gone by...

And now we have reality T.V, religious extremists & buffoonery like the OP...

It's my belief that this is due to infiltration rather than something that always existed in society.
edit on 1-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

Awesome, I found it very funny that that poster said he was gonna notify the mods.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I think folks who are first world descent run into these conflicts all the time, just that people are more sympathetic to thse kids because they are rural, but take those same kids move them into an urban environment lets say L.A, slap a Spanish sounding first or last name on them and sympathies would be halved.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It's my belief that this is due to infiltration rather than something that always existed in society.

I think it has to do with everyone now having a platform. A long time ago you wouldn't have heard from people like this because they wouldn't be able to get online and spew. Two edged sword really, gives everyone a voice, including jackasses and idiots.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

That's true.

I guess it's just one of the many ancient mysteries.

Defunct Genes perhaps...
Spiritually inclined behaviour...
Conditioning...

Maybe all three.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Y'know, I've heard worse theories...

This behaviour has always been there. We'd like to think it's somewhat recent, then we can blame an outside, to use your word, infiltrator.

Look back on the treatment of the Irish. Blacks. Chinese. Jews. ...any ethnic/religious grouping you can name has, at one time or another, or many times, been the target of hate.

Is it as bad as it once was? Not even close. Doesn't mean it's close to gone, though. There will always be idiots like these most unfortunately.

But it is better. If it weren't, the Klan would still march in its thousands down Pennsylvania Ave. like they did in the late twenties. If it weren't better, the Voters Rights Act would never have become law... ...and many another change in society that has occurred in my lifetime, and yours (depending upon how old you are, of course.).

But change like this is slow, and may never be completely finished. But any progress is a good thing.
edit on 2/1/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I think you're right. It's a number of different things.

I suppose at the end of the day I'd rather sift through garbage then never find a jewel though.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I just read an article that my post Super Bowl addled brain can't remember at the moment about this.

Essentially we are living in the best of times the world has seen for human rights, acceptance, low crime etc. It seems awful because these awful things are... awful, but when I see people saying things are worse now or getting worse I have a hard time taking it seriously.

One example I would give is police brutality. How quickly we forget.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I agree, I may not have explained myself well enough.

I see a past where those who were a discredit to society were kept in an "apartheid state" until the tables were turned at some point and it began to happen to people who didn't actually deserve it...

I know it sounds harsh and could be argued that nobody deserves it...
But I'd consider the closest to a utopia we'd ever get is with the rapists, child abusers, racists & whoever else fits the bill of truly uncivilised should be kept in some sort of open air prison...
Maybe throw the bankers in there as well just for kicks

As it stands, & it's funny you should ask, 27 by the way, in my lifetime I've definitely seen progress in some areas...
But I've also noticed a decline in others...

Maybe it just seems that way in both senses because we are more exposed to the World with all the available outlets compared to growing up with 4 television channels when I was a kid...
Or maybe it really is getting better/worse depending on the topic we discuss.

You're right as well, change can be slow and arduous...
I guess patience really is a virtue!
edit on 1-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

When you are perceived to be poor you are perceived to be powerless, and what happens you are perceived to be powerless??...the bullies come out, but if you square off against a bully the bullies slunked away.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I disagree.....dumping beer on kids is abuse. Drunken OR sober rants about their race is abusive. Doesn't matter if they are Mexican, European, or purple for that matter. Can you imagine how scared & confused some of them had to be, after being invited to this event???

The topic is very much worth being brought to our attention, whether the OP shows back up again or not.

@ Elton.....thank you for being willing to ask your friend some questions!! I didn't mean to come off as harsh or accusatory in my response to you. I just get frustrated that as blatant as the very vocal discrimination is against Native Peoples is, everyone always seem to be oblivious to it.

I also get irritated that when you mention a Native issue the first comment are ALWAYS what a "noble race" ect....ad nauseaum......this romanticizing is equally offensive. Stop flip flopping between demonizing & anglicizing!!!!
PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE!!!

The romanticizing of the Native Cultures is also a stereotype that is offensive, altho outsiders see it as "respect".
It's NOT. Quit the damn fawning and find a way to tangibly get involved!
Mini-rant over......sigh...

This is about physical abuse of children with the added horror of the kids being verbally abused with racial epithets screamed at them in a public venue. How would you feel if it was YOUR CHILD on a field trip subjected to this?

This isn't just a incident that happened to someone else where you get to piss & moan at each other and dilute the subject matter with your petty BS. Some of you need to get your cookies together, and stop disrespecting the ISSUE!!
FFS!!!

BTW....this is why Native issues don't get resolved, the conversation devolves into everything under the sun EXCEPT the original issue at hand. AIM doesn't have anything to do with what happened to these children, The Keystone pipeline doesn't have anything to do with these children, Hunting doesn't have anything to do with what happened to these children....

JMO but there is a sore lack of maturity in this thread, I couldn't be more disappointed in ATSers right now.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
If you want to talk about mistreatment start with the fed..

That reservation near rapid city is insanely poor and I seem to remember something about the fed is looking to snatched more land from them.

The people that poured the beet are idiots and deserve whatever public ridicule comes there way.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Thanks for that Irish.....I'll look into that & be back this evening with some sources!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

It mostly, IMHO, has to do with the instantaneous nature of communications now. Now an event can go global in an instant with the click of a button. While it can get things out there so people know of it, and can, perhaps, fix it... It can also lead to the perception that things are horrible all over. Which leads to over reaction.

Now before anyone jumps down my throat...

This is a horrid event, and there should be consequences for the perpetrators. But for anyone to use this as an example that things are as bad as they've ever been is an over reaction.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
What is so shocking about hockey fans acting like this. It's sad but it sounds normal.
edit on 2/2/2015 by roadgravel because: sp

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: APT1Yksnidnak
Ya wanna be surprised, but that kind of attitude still goes on a fair bit...though this is pretty extreme. Sounds like the goofs responsible will be held accountable. Good. Public shaming is one tool to create change in society.

edit on 2-2-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes.

(post by Eunuchorn removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: APT1Yksnidnak

* You would be ashamed to know what kind of things Natives go through while being hassled by the 'white community'. Hell, the Affordable Care Act is mirrored from the Native Health Care System. Crazy! but don't tell anyone, sssshhh!

Guess what? This happens to people of all colors, all the time. Folks like you just want to use this kind of thing to demonize white Americans. No doubt if these were Muslims, the thread would be full of "you cant blame all Muslims for the actions of a few". For some reason that standard goes out the window when demonizing white people.
edit on 2-2-2015 by Dr0neT3k because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Im getting more pissed at the word "Uhmerican" more than anything.

And where are all the white folk that ALWAYS say they are part Cherokee?

Stand up for your people.
edit on 2-2-2015 by BerenstEiner because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join