It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Rochelle Police Officer Points Gun at Kids Having Snowball Fight… Not The Onion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

It is absolutely disingenuous to report a story started in the middle, based on two seconds long video clips stitched together.

It is also a misleading title, a more objective title would be, COPS RESPOND TO SCENE OF SNOWBALL FIGHT AFTER CALLED TO INVESTIGATE GUN REPORT.

You see the cops weren't there to bust up an innocent snowball fight, 2 cruisers were responding to reports of a gun, but that doesn't seem to fit the current agenda.

link

Yeah, they "responded" by pointing a gun at kids playing with snowballs.

Your orwellian CNN attempt at editing what happened is failed. Nothing, as in ZERO ("0"), justifies this cop's conduct.

And also... the Second Amendment. Cops responding to calls by SNITCHES who completely disregard Constitutional rights of fellow Americans.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
You Americans need to sort out...

1. Your gun violence problems that gives the police the excuse
2. Your police who think the excuse removes common sense and humanity in the way they act

Regards

The problem is not guns , it never was. The problem is crazy people with guns. Mental illness goes widely ignored here. Mental illness goes untreated because people cant afford treatment dont want it or are in denial that they are sick.

Cant blame it on movie's and video games or rap music either. Because people in the UK Canada ect enjoy these things too. Not sure how you treat mental illness where you are but here it is taboo to speak of it. What is making people crazy here ? Something in the water the food the air we breathe id guess.
edit on 1-2-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
Yeah, I lived in WP for a while, cops are total scumbags there.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Gotta love the justification they are making. "Got a call of a black dude with a gun, saw some black dudes having some fun, had to make sure it wasn't one of them." Of course some will defend that pisspoor reason as perfectly valid.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
New Rochelle's Deputy Commissioner's response to the Daily News.

A video that appears to catch a New Rochelle police officer pointing a gun at a group of teenagers who were having a snowball fight — and went viral on the Internet — is not what it appears to be, cops said.

“There was no snowball fight,” New Rochelle Deputy Police Commissioner Anthony Murphy told the Daily News, calling the video a piece of “clever mischief.”

He said police were responding to a 911 call around 4 p.m. Friday that a teenager standing in a group of six near the Heritage Houses had pulled a gun from his waistband and pointed it at another person.

“We dispatched several cars to the area. Police officers got out of their cars and one of the individuals bent down, adjusted something in his waistband and ran,” Murphy said.

As one officer took off after the suspect, another remained with the five teens who did not run, Murphy said.

“The video looks terrible, but it’s completely out of context,” the source said. “It’s a completely different incident than it appears from that snippet. There's clearly a lot of misunderstanding. The record of the 911 call will by itself illustrate what was going on.”

Officials said they will not release a recording of the 911 call, but may release a transcript of the call.

I honestly just don't know anymore. I don't trust the cops, but I don't NOT trust the cops either. At this point I don't know what, or who, to believe, so I say release the transcript and let us make up our mind, as you claim you will. As of now, the video doesn't look good for the cops, or sound good, but it doesn't show a snowball fight either. It shows a cop frisking kids and swearing. If it showed the snowball fight, it would be easier for me to say, "Yeah, they're jerks." But I think I'll stay safe on my fence with this one until I get more info.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Here is the police scanner recording for the event:
newrochelletalk.talkofthesound.netdna-cdn.com...

The original call was for a hand gun. Not a snowball fight!

This topic is a hoax.

Here is better journalism for you:
www.talkofthesound.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne
So what? A report of a gun gives cops the OK to run up on everyone like they are smoking bath salts and shooting the place up?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

What do you freaking expect?? These cops are getting shot at every day. When they get calls from citizens that guys are running around with a gun, what do you want the cops to do? You want them to show up with their thumbs up their asses?

Lets see you find a suspect whom may or may not have a gun in a crowded neighborhood, where almost everyone fits the vague description provided. I bet you'd do the same damn thing the cops are doing just so you can get home to your family safely at the end of your shift.

Yes they do have a right. They are cops, that's what we pay them for.

I honestly don't see a damn thing wrong in the video. They did everything by the book.
edit on 2-2-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not blaming the victims. I'm blaming the entire nation technically. I just feel that the right to bare arms was a major misstep that has caused all this brutality.
Who would have thought when writing the constitution though that apathy would turn out to be a far stronger force than taking over a government with guns?
Probably the last chance for a major shift would have been the late eighties early nineties. But now I think it's an arms race fueling a never ending battle of one-upmanship between the law and the people. When you should all be the one populus.

As I said in my first post, the police brutality disgusts me. But the only way I can get my head around how these cops keep doing these things is to put myself in their shoes. Alternatively, I fully understand why the population needs guns against a wild police force! I see both sides. I think peace between the force and it's people such as places like the Netherlands etc, is impossible now because of a constitutional blunder which didn't foresee a plague of apathy.

It makes me miserable everyday thinking about it. I hope my country never ends up like the US, which is so sad because as a kid I thought you guys were the coolest

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Meanwhile in Britain:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Something is very wrong with the training or the quality of people they are recruiting, people respond differently when a gun is pointed at them, some will do exactly as told, others will panic and run, that in turn may have cause the cop to discharge his weapon and as is well known there is no such thing as a warning shot or anything but a torso hit, this could have ended badly.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

Meanwhile in Britain:

I am amazed not only were guns not pointed they remained holstered.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Meanwhile in Britain:

I am amazed not only were guns not pointed they remained holstered.

Might have something to do with the fact our normal Police do not carry guns.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Echtelion

My first thought at seeing this was outrage as well. Then as read comments I started to think. I have been in trouble a time or two and have had to think quick when I spotted an officer approaching while I was in the midst of some form of "law breaking". And it occurred to me if I had a gun and didnt want to be shot I might quickly bury the weapon in the snow and to play it off and to confuse the cop start throwing snowballs so it looked as if that was all I was doing all along. Not saying that was the case but most people who are doing wrong try to deceive first rather than come clean. How many of you have been caught speeding and rather than just take the ticket, try on an excuse first. You know what really confuses a cop? Telling the truth right away. "yes sir I was speeding, But the cruise control was set at only nine miles over instead of ten cuzz that ticket is much cheaper than the ten over.". They usually smile and just let me go. Just giving the criminal perspective. Trust me, I know a thing or two about it. Anyhow most cops know that no one want to get tossed in jail and it colors their judgement. That being said, if a cop ever pulled a gun on my kid for a snowball fight he better head for the hills cuzz I will be coming for his badge and failing at that his legs.
edit on 2-2-2015 by regor77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2015 by regor77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2015 by regor77 because: puncuation

edit on 2-2-2015 by regor77 because: more puncuation

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer

originally posted by: paraphi
You Americans need to sort out...

1. Your gun violence problems that gives the police the excuse
2. Your police who think the excuse removes common sense and humanity in the way they act

Regards

The problem is not guns , it never was. The problem is crazy people with guns. Mental illness goes widely ignored here. Mental illness goes untreated because people cant afford treatment dont want it or are in denial that they are sick.

Cant blame it on movie's and video games or rap music either. Because people in the UK Canada ect enjoy these things too. Not sure how you treat mental illness where you are but here it is taboo to speak of it. What is making people crazy here ? Something in the water the food the air we breathe id guess.
Just to play devil's advocate here, If you cant afford medical treatment, how can they afford guns and ammunition? Most crazies dont think they're crazy and wont seek any medical treatment. Also how do we define mentall illness and who gets to decide. I sometimes wonder about my sanity,but the fact that I do makes me sane. IMO
edit on 2-2-2015 by regor77 because: spelling

edit on 2-2-2015 by regor77 because: question mark

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Meanwhile in Britain:

Yep!!! You can point a gun or a pencil at a cop it equals the same amount of bullet holes in your center mass.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Since I know you are a proponent of Skepticism

The New Rochelle police department claims
(A) They responded to a 9-11 call that a woman saw one teen point a gun at another..
(B) That a Teen reached for his waistband and then fled and escaped when the officer arrived..
(C) That there was no snowball-fight going on when the officer arrived..

So after chasing the fleeing teen the officer returned and frisked the remaining teens with gun drawn.

Either story may be true...the comments from the brief cell phone clip or the officers story...
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not blaming the victims. I'm blaming the entire nation technically. I just feel that the right to bare arms was a major misstep that has caused all this brutality.
Who would have thought when writing the constitution though that apathy would turn out to be a far stronger force than taking over a government with guns?
Probably the last chance for a major shift would have been the late eighties early nineties. But now I think it's an arms race fueling a never ending battle of one-upmanship between the law and the people. When you should all be the one populus.

As I said in my first post, the police brutality disgusts me. But the only way I can get my head around how these cops keep doing these things is to put myself in their shoes. Alternatively, I fully understand why the population needs guns against a wild police force! I see both sides. I think peace between the force and it's people such as places like the Netherlands etc, is impossible now because of a constitutional blunder which didn't foresee a plague of apathy.

It makes me miserable everyday thinking about it. I hope my country never ends up like the US, which is so sad because as a kid I thought you guys were the coolest
I agree wholeheartedly/grudgingly. Really is a chicken or the egg conundrum at this point. Wouldnt want to be on either side of this whole mess. Glad I left all my shenanigan pulling days behind me. Hope that is enuff to stay safe from both sides.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The story is false. The police got a call of a guy with a gun pointing at people. Guy ran and they never caught him. The girl on the video was baiting and lying.

ID

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Is that a banana in your tailpipe?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join