It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Rochelle Police Officer Points Gun at Kids Having Snowball Fight… Not The Onion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyTreason
New York will ban snowball fights next. i can see it coming eventually.

good ol un-free NY.

Only ones over 32 oz

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Thank you for digging deeper. I constantly see SO posting stupid unreputable sensational BS. And he's one that helps with the NLBS. I am actually thinking about leaving this site for good because of this crap right here, its like he has his own agenda

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Snowballs can be deadly, I remember dropping my mates big brother with a snowball to the nuts. Awesome!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: scghst1
I am actually thinking about leaving this site for good because of this crap right here, its like he has his own agenda
...or he doesn't share yours. One of the things I like about this site is that it's generally not a bunch of dittoheads clapping on command like trained seals. But hey, that's just me.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Prime example of a common trait amongst police today, escalating a situation unnecessarily.

I look forward to seeing what, if any, actions are taken against this cop.

Seems this isn't the first time the New Rochelle police pulled a gun on teens having a snowball fight.

(skip past the first 30 seconds for the past story)

Settlement for $60K each reached in snowball cop suit

My tax dollars help pay those kids because, apparently, the New Rochelle police are wanna be cowboys.
edit on 1-2-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: scghst1
It is HIS sandbox and he lets us play in it. In fairness to SO, I have never been reprimanded, fined points, had posts removed or in any way sanctioned or punished for questioning and/or disagreeing with him.

I often disagree with the higher ups here (except Springer, he's the man) and NEVER want to leave ATS.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I am actually thinking about leaving this site for good because of this crap right here, its like he has his own agenda
...or he doesn't share yours. One of the things I like about this site is that it's generally not a bunch of dittoheads clapping on command like trained seals. But hey, that's just me.

One of the things I like about this site, is they have what I like to call, Differing Opinions.

Most sites, as you said, dang Seals on command. Very annoying. So hard to have grown up discussions with the Aliens from Sesame Street. "Yup, yup, yup, yup, yup, yup, yup!"

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

we are discussing what we know about the story. Because this is, you know....a discussion board.

It could be that this is the beginning of the story, at least to these kids. Of course the police have their version. When they issue it, we can add that to the discussion. In the meantime....its pretty hard to fathom justification for what we saw.

I guess we can further say: we aren't on a jury here. Opinions are part of what is done on a discussion board.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Thank you for digging deeper. I constantly see SO posting stupid unreputable sensational BS. And he's one that helps with the NLBS. I am actually thinking about leaving this site for good because of this crap right here, its like he has his own agenda

I am thinking you need to go back to the original link, for a re-read. The police say the video was clever mischief and that there was no snowball fight, damage limitation? Apart from that, and in the last part of the video the kids clearly get up and walk, while only a short time before were being threatened, or an implied threat of deadly force, "Don't #ing move" while the gun suspect was supposed to be one of those on the ground, and while some other officer was supposed to be already chasing that supposed gunman into a block of flats or houses and they lost him...............
Mr, "Don't #ing move" policeman is supposed to be a senior officer and not Constable plod.

www.talkofthesound.com...

The thing is, now more than ever, drawn guns are becoming more and more the norm, in just about any situation..that is a huge problem.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

UPDATE 2/1/15 3:30 PM;

After listening to almost the entire day on Wednesday, we learned the incident was Friday after school. We picked up the audio at about 3:42 PM. It runs until about 4:04 PM. The audio includes the initial dispatch of a woman having called in a report on a Male/Black with a black handgun.

The call comes in at about 3:42 p.m, a report that a Male/Black in a blue jacket brandished a handgun. That he was part of a group of 6 Male/Blacks walking on Lee Archer Drive (Heritage Homes) towards 51 or 81 Winthrop, towards the construction site where the next phase of Heritage Homes is under construction. Police respond and one of the youths in the group runs. There is some confusion as to the description of the person reported to have brandished a weapon (the complainant later refuses to be identified or contacted), Several minutes an officer with an open microphone can be heard saying "Don't F****** Move" which matches up the bystander video and places that video within the context of what turned into a police chase on foot of a suspect matching the description of the people ordered to kneel on the ground. The people kneeling are described as "complaint" and released. Police lose track of the suspects at put out a BOLO for a Male/Black 5' 7" Dark Skin, Beige Pants, blue denim jacket with beige trim, black hoodie, last seen making a right on Horton Avenue from DeWiitt Place.

Source

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Well... You have a catch 22 going on though really.

Going Home At The End Of The Shift(r) is kind of expected this day and age, it's why people take so long to do so little these days due to the bazillion forms of paper work and safety hoops to jump through (whilst wearing helmets obviously).

The cops behaviour in the USA is sickening - no doubt about it.
But the problem began with 'The Right To Bear Arms(r)' which flooded guns of increasing power into the public. When you have to police gangs armed with who knows what, or fear that every teen has a glock or something - it would take some hefty downstairs nuggets to be a real policeman (ie an officer of keeping the peace) without drawing a weapon.

It's sick. It's crazy. But GHATEOTD should be a thing for everyone. It's miserable that the cops are like this, but I bet a wife of a cop wants her hubby to pull out a gun just in case. I bet his kids want him to get home to play football.

What can be done to fix it? Not a god damn thing. Do I support the cops for these actions, hell no. But I can understand the mindset, especially when they spend 95% of the time dealing with the 5% of drug-taking trouble making thugs.
edit on 1-2-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
It's sick. It's crazy. But GHATEOTD should be a thing for everyone.

Of course it should...BUT...what's nuts is that they're informed that this excuses every action, no matter how basically insane that action seems. So they instantly pop it out of the bag.

The fact that we'd like to go home at the end of our encounter with them with the kids and dogs still breathing is secondary, it seems. Alas.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyTreason
New York will ban snowball fights next. i can see it coming eventually.

good ol un-free NY.

Yep the progressive scum will want to keep us all safe and sound. Stories like this are really starting to get into the minds and souls of the common man. Many people I talk to in the upper middle class have stories of being harassed over very stupid things. This is not just a Black youth issue it is much wider and deeper. We truly live in a police state I am sad to say.

24/7 cameras.........Ticket revenue does not offset budgets........Non military grade weapons.........SWAT is only used in extreme case ordered by a judge.......Stopping no knock raids.

The ideas listed above would help solve this problem but the cure is societal in nature.
edit on 1-2-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
When I was a kid and we threw snowballs at the cop cars, they'd stop, get out and throw them back at us!!!
It used to be us (neighborhood kids) vs the cops, and this was on Long Island NY back in the 80's
Sad how things are going today...

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Here ya go :

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
For a site who's motto is DENY IGNORANCE this thread is full of it.

No one here knows what happened because there is NOT ENOUGH INFORMATION, that is THE VERY DEFINITION OF IGNORANCE !!!

Everyone here should hang their head in shame.

Also learn to RESERVE JUDGEMENT until the facts are in.

Why take that option when people can instead promote their vehement anti-cop hatred and race-baiting tendencies without needing to think first?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
a reply to: Anyafaj

Here ya go :

YES! And they are almost everywhere now!

(If you really want to mess with them, disagree with something. It makes their heads explode! LOL Sometimes it's almost fun to watch!)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Why should we believe the witness with the camera?

She could have said those guys were breakdancing on the sidewalk and it wouldn't make any difference!

Just because someone who isn't the MSM points a camera and makes a statement doesn't make it any less BS in it's own right.

The camera operator could say anything they want, we have no prior evidence - nor do they - of the events occurring before hand.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

the dynamic you should refer to is the one where police have become ever present, tasked with raising the funds needed to shore up local budgets while enforcing the largest set of laws in the world on the most imprisoned populace on the world.

Don't blame the victims of tyranny. Blame the tyrants.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
WTF are they recruiting people fresh out of the funny farm in to law enforcement these days ?

Expect more "we invested ourselves and found no wrong doing"

Got pulled over for no license plate light recently and the cop was very polite yet I was in fear for my life errrr , it is sad it has come to this. Usually they are all jacked up from past experience. I cant tell the cops from the robbers these days. It feels like a foreign military has occupied my country and taken over. Maybe it is just me ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join