It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You See What This Police Officer Saw? Her Superiors Didn’t — So Now Police Are Apologizing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: rustydog
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

My interpretation of this is that she is saying the man swung the club at her at a different intersection, if you listen to her saying something about swinging the club at her at 11th and polk maybe??? seemed a bit of overkill to me, but when two hard heads get together there's bound to be something going down.

Apparently we are the only two that actually listened to the vid. What's with the lynch mob mentality? If you listen, she talks about the man swinging the club at her at 11th & Pike. This is obviously NOT 11th & Pike or the footage of that intersection. Who knows what he actually did without seeing that video, if in fact there is a video of his alleged swinging of the club.

Typical Of the Blaze to spin a story.

So you actually believe that this guy swung at a cop from somewhere else and wasn't arrested or shot on the spot for it? Later he's walking around blocks further away and she has to follow in her cop car? Come on now.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Said to have pointed the club at her as she drove by. Real lethal threat there. Police lady, get over it and look for a real crime.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: sean

originally posted by: rustydog
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

My interpretation of this is that she is saying the man swung the club at her at a different intersection, if you listen to her saying something about swinging the club at her at 11th and polk maybe??? seemed a bit of overkill to me, but when two hard heads get together there's bound to be something going down.

Apparently we are the only two that actually listened to the vid. What's with the lynch mob mentality? If you listen, she talks about the man swinging the club at her at 11th & Pike. This is obviously NOT 11th & Pike or the footage of that intersection. Who knows what he actually did without seeing that video, if in fact there is a video of his alleged swinging of the club.

Typical Of the Blaze to spin a story.

So you actually believe that this guy swung at a cop from somewhere else and wasn't arrested or shot on the spot for it? Later he's walking around blocks further away and she has to follow in her cop car? Come on now.

What I'm saying is that nobody knows what happened without either being there or seeing the footage of the alleged club swing. No one that has posted on this thread was there or has seen the footage of supposed crime. You're seriously going to condemn her on speculation and assumption of how you think it went down? That doesn't make you any better than how you're trying to paint her. It's a BS story the way it's being presented to you. You don't have all the facts to make a decision one way or the other. That's what I believe.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
[Edit: Double Post]
edit on 1-2-2015 by Oneiros247 because: Double Post

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

What I'm saying is that nobody knows what happened without either being there or seeing the footage of the alleged club swing. No one that has posted on this thread was there or has seen the footage of supposed crime. You're seriously going to condemn her on speculation and assumption of how you think it went down? That doesn't make you any better than how you're trying to paint her. It's a BS story the way it's being presented to you. You don't have all the facts to make a decision one way or the other. That's what I believe.

We know plenty of what happened:
1) She failed to show any evidence, whatsoever, of the claim she made about the man swinging a golf club at her.
2) Her department had her apologize, because there was no reason, whatsoever, shown that justified her encounter with the man.
3) She accused a 70-year VETERAN, with no history of a problem with the police, of assaulting her, and then LIED about having it on tape.
4) She drove calmly and leisurely through the city, stopping at every light and failing to do anything that showed she was making her way toward a dangerous person.
5) She completely dropped all mention of arresting him for assault (which was her main, alleged, reason for stopping him, in the first place, and then moved right to obstruction, because the man wouldn't obey her demand.

And to all of this, people say she still must have had some legitimate reason to stop him? They question why she 'went directly to him'? Obviously someone must have 'made a call on him', right? Or she saw the man with the golf club, circled the block and went back to, without anyone having called him in. Of course, that couldn't have been an option, right?

Let's take a look at the massive elephant in the room:

Police Cheif Orders Review of Officer's Conduct after troubling facebook comments

Former cop and once-girlfriend of Officer in question states that she is known for making racist comments and has stolen marijuana from evidence

Now, am I saying, unequivocally, that Whitlatch is a racist? No. Is it something that could have come into play, in this encounter? Absolutely. We have evidence of one thing (her disdain for 'black people saying poor me...') We don't have evidence of another (the man swinging a golf club at her). And yet, people want to come to her defense, even though All Sides of the Story have concluded that she was in the wrong.

That makes absolutely no sense to me, and completely downplays the wrongdoing in this issue.

The 70-year-old Veteran had No Reason to put the golf club down. It was his cane. He also had no reason to believe she would have helped him pick it back up. The other cop wouldn't even help him into the van. Just kicked a stool over for the elderly vet to 'help himself', while in handcuffs.

For those who say 'just do what the cop says', you can't, at any point, turn around and say that you're saying people should be sheep and just do whatever they are told. That's exactly what you are saying. That's exactly what out of control cops believe (which doesn't mean All Cops. Let's be clear), and that's exactly why the go about doing stuff like this.

And like this: Which was also in Seattle, no less

What this is was a man unproven to have done anything wrong being harassed on the street by a completely irrational officer (caught lying on tape, by the way), and had to spend a night in jail, because of it. It's a good thing that this man wasn't any younger, or he probably would have been shot, and people would still be here defending her honor, even though there was no evidence that he should have even been approached in the first place.
edit on 1-2-2015 by Oneiros247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It is the mentality that is trained into police over the years. They are systematically swapping out the serve and protect with the suspect and interrogate methods. It is obvious that there were plenty of options she could have employed when approaching this man if she perceived him to be of interest. The officer could have politely requested the man to give her a moment of his time. Then the officer could have requested that he set the club on the ground momentarily while they spoke. If he asked why, she could have explained that she doesn't know him and would feel better if the golf club wasn't in his hands while they spoke. These would have been reasonable requests from one person to another but the problem is, the police have begun to view people as objects with a responsibility to obey every given command issued by police. And because of this attitude we see some people harassed and even killed over minor things that could have been avoided by just treating them like a human being.

I just want to add that I have been stopped by police many times and have always noticed that if I respond to them as if they are human beings, MOST times their demeanor will be of the like. Not always, but mostly. However, I am not black and I can't pretend to know what blacks go through whenever they see a cop car pull up in front of them.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

As usual, a cop with an Authority Trip.

"You swung the golf club at me", so full of crap.

This is like when the cops beat someone in handcuffs who is unconscious while continuously yelling "stop resisting".

Most of us have caught on to the "STOP RESISTING" Trick. I assume they train these asses to yell that anytime they want to bash someone.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItalianDressing

Why could he not just listen and put it down? Why is it so hard to just LISTEN to what the police tell you. Then people feel sorry for certain types when they are gunned down when they just could have listened. I am not saying be a sheep and obey everything they tell you in that way. But at the moment, just comply, then get let go. Everyone goes home safe.

I have been carrying a swiss army knife for 10 years. Less than his 25 years, but does that allow me to not have to put it down if asked by a cop?
Also... when she rolls up, you cant even see the golf club. I am guessing she got a call on this guy. What was he accused of doing in the first place?
ID
I just want to know both sides of the story that is all.

Well said.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Oneiros247

Now, am I saying, unequivocally, that Whitlatch is a racist? No. Is it something that could have come into play, in this encounter? Absolutely. We have evidence of one thing (her disdain for 'black people saying poor me...') We don't have evidence of another (the man swinging a golf club at her). And yet, people want to come to her defense, even though All Sides of the Story have concluded that she was in the wrong.

All of those things might be true - or not. Exactly as you've carefully pointed out. But we don't really need to go to that much trouble - her own tape tripped her up

She's dishonest and she abused her authority - or - she's just stupid

Either way - she shouldn't be a cop
edit on 2/1/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Another lying piece of # cop....seriously there must be a real lack of crime t be picking on an old man like that and then making up stuff to get an arrest

and that was a woman ? she really needs to lay off the testosterone

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS
The obvious solution is to avoid places where the cops are going to be...like the cities.

I agree 100%! That is why I live in the country 18 miles from the nearest rural community in a predominately rural county, in a predominately rural state. I get to town once a week to shop and the only cops I generally see is a county sheriff deputy once in a blue moon. Wouldn't live in a major city for the love of money!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder
if you watch the video , she had to travel quite some distance before reaching the scene , if he had waved his golf club at her as she said he did at another street corner .

then he must be an olympic runner , maybe he was Roger Bannister in disguise .

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Elisa24

And it could have been nothing more than some paranoid busybody knucklehead calling in a man with a weapon, a club, a golf club no less. The stupidity isn't limited to just the cop and old man. He probably passed 3 or 4 dozen stupid people before the confrontation.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

Great point, I am pretty sure she made that up.

Either the PD doesn't trust her as far as they can throw her or she flat out lied.

If the PD comes out and publicly apologizes, you know you dun goofed.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I hope he takes the city for about a million dollars! And---I hope every cop on that force has to take a pay cut because of her stupidity and lying about this fellow. That may be the only way to get the bad apples sorted out---hit them all with reductions in pay when someone in the department does bad things to people. Maybe then the "good apples" will do something to get rid of the bad guys.
Did you defenders ever consider that had the department had one iota of evidence that this was a justified interaction, they would have presented it---like a call about a fellow randomly swinging a golf club? But they didn't have anything with which to defend her so they had to admit their mistake. Now I hope a jury punishes them for allowing a bully to continue to carry a badge and gun.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Good thing it wasn't a magic hobbit ring like the kid in Texas had that got him suspended.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
She lied...that's it.

Even the PD know she lied otherwise they would never offer an apology. They offered it to try and thwart further repercussions, admission of guilt.

Her VID is magically working when she stops him but somehow not working previously thus unable to support HIS claim, not hers because cops never need to support their claim. It's their "honest word" against ours.

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Deputy K.D. Lang seems highly unqualified for this particular job. As long im being homophobic, might as well do sexist as well. I've never seen a female officer handle the job as effectively as a man. Oh and for the trifecta, I'll go racist too. Black gentlemen are generally not going to take commands from a white woman.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

As usual, a cop with an Authority Trip.

"You swung the golf club at me", so full of crap.

This is like when the cops beat someone in handcuffs who is unconscious while continuously yelling "stop resisting".

Most of us have caught on to the "STOP RESISTING" Trick. I assume they train these asses to yell that anytime they want to bash someone.

Yeah, and they're so polite and respectful. "Please SIR put the golf club down." Just before they blow your brains out.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I'm not trying to defend this cop nor am I saying the man with the club is guilty or not guilty, matter of fact it's obvious she's on a power trip. The point I was trying to make is, many that were posting seemed to assume the alleged offense occurred on the OP's video, it didn't and it may have never happened, which is much more probable knowing SPD's history of rouge cops, lack of video of alleged offense and the fact the SPD issued a public apology. Granted that if he did swing at her or her car, she most likely would have stopped immediately. When she pulls up to the gentleman I don't see how she would have known he had a club because it is out of view at his side. So I think it would be safe to say that she saw him prior to where he was standing, went around the block and intercepted at the intersection. Maybe he made a gesture with the club as she drove by IDK? Going by the video and the video alone, there was nothing in the video that was conclusive beyond a shadow of doubt to say she was making it up. How do any of us know that he did or didn't swing the club at her when the supposed incident happened at another locale that we don't have video of?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join