It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Fact: The CIA and drugs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I personally think that it is true that the CIA and MI6 are behind the global drug trade. I also think the recent growth of so called 'legal highs' is the Chinese government trying to get in on the act.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The reason the drug trade is allowed is, like most illegal activities, down to the money it generates.
During the 2008 financial collapse, in some places it is thought that it was the drug money that kept some banks afloat.

It also explains why, when big banks are found to have been laundering tens / hundreds of $Billions in drug money, they get slapped with a "Deferred Prosecution Agreement", a slap on the wrist fine and nobody sees a jail cell. Conversely, to show how serious they are about clamping down on drug crime, the feds and local police will send in a multi-agency task force with enough firepower take down a small country to arrest some small time dealer selling a couple of joints.

A lot of the drug money is also used to finance both illegal and legitimate projects, including a lot of political campaigns by our western leaders, not just those in banana republics.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Jchristopher5

You forgot to mention any of the banks that were caught laundering all of that drug money. They made millions off of the drug trade.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

No, I think taxpayers pay for wars.

Well they didnt for that one, thats the whole point, Reagen used funds from CIA drug trafficking to fund contra rebels and fight a war Congress denied him funding for. Google Iran Contra.

And just so you know, the CIA (and other intel operatives) make a lot more money off of weapons deals than they do drugs, the world illegal weapons trade is about 8 to 12 times larger than the world drug trade

You would think so but that seems very much doubtful, as difficult as it is to truly gauge the value of such a trade, global trafficking of narcotics even with conservative estimates eclipses almost all other commodities including weapons. Narcotics are easily one of the most commonly traded commodities on the planet compared to food, clothes and building materials.

The financial value of the global arms trade

Spending on illegal drugs this year

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
GOVERNMENT = ORGANIZED CRIME

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: biggilo
I personally think that it is true that the CIA and MI6 are behind the global drug trade. I also think the recent growth of so called 'legal highs' is the Chinese government trying to get in on the act.

Legal highs are the natural response to outlawing common drugs. There has always been a widespread desire among humans to alter consciousness. Actually, this behavior is even found among animals. The drive is similar, though certainly not as powerful or fundamental, as our sex drive. So, you outlaw substances, and we try to find new ones, which may be more dangerous than the illegal drugs they are being used as a replacement for. The war on drugs will never succeed, like a war on sex would never succeed...these are natural impulses...and many unnecessary dangers come into play as a result of our 'attempt,' which the OP proves how disingenuous the supposed attempt is anyways.
edit on 1-2-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This is a drop in the bucket. The entire history of the CIA has been abominable. How anybody could sit by and watch the toppling of foreign governments for commercial purposes is beyond me. When everybody was screaming about Hillary calling stand-down on forces that could have protected state department personnel in Benghazi, nobody even flinched at the idea that the US CIA and state department had toppled the Libyan government and was funneling arms stolen from the Libyans into Syria to do the same thing to Assad. If you don't get this, you just don't get it.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The more time goes on, the more disillusioned I am that US foreign policy has any focus on human rights, freedom, democracy, you know, what CNN and Fox tells us.

Especially the CIA has engaged in everything opposite to these values, and everything contrary to what we see as pure and ethical behavior.

Running drugs and selling weapons to rebels to try to overthrow a popular government (Sandinistas) that was not liked by our government is one example among legions. Who are these people? it's like the definition of scrupulous evil imperialists.

Nobody that knows all of this should ever question the leftists across the world and in the US who criticize the government and "imperialistic western policy."

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: lynxpilot
This is a drop in the bucket. The entire history of the CIA has been abominable. How anybody could sit by and watch the toppling of foreign governments for commercial purposes is beyond me. When everybody was screaming about Hillary calling stand-down on forces that could have protected state department personnel in Benghazi, nobody even flinched at the idea that the US CIA and state department had toppled the Libyan government and was funneling arms stolen from the Libyans into Syria to do the same thing to Assad. If you don't get this, you just don't get it.

Boom, this is it ^. The Iran-Contra Scandal is but one chapter or even page in a long history of such dealings.

To this day we are doing the same stuff in Libya and Syria.

The same MO, fund "freedom fighters" to overthrow non-compliant regimes, such that we can install compliant ones. That simple. Goal: global hegemony and power.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Call me ignorant, but this very subject but is obvious, documented, proven fact can be used to tear apart any argument that anyone poses in favor of the governments position; wars all over the world, vaccines, media, anything.

And this is one of the key reasons why our inner city black neighborhoods are in shambles. I don't believe the assertion that drug trafficking was used specifically to fund illegal covert ops around the world; they can just get the money anyway they feel like, i am sure. Trafficking drugs into this country's poor inner city neighborhoods, which makes up a minority of the geographic mass in this country, and seizing the profits from the participants, seems like a very drawn and roundabout way to finance these murder operations.

These drugs were trafficked specifically for the purpose of weakening and subjugating the popualtion. Especially blacks. They could have trafficked this stuff all over the country i they wanted, but poor black neighborhoods was the pick. Also the government was running drugs way before the 80's crack explosion. They have been running heroin into poor areas since the 60's.

lsd was a government invention, which somehow found it's way into the hands of distributors and dealers.
edit on 1-2-2015 by bigman88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Drugs are merely one aspect of CIA

These people are guilty of every sin under the sun

Abduction
Torture
Murder
Financial plunder
Political subterfuge
False flags
Genetic manipulation
Mind control

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If they wanted to stop coca supply all they would have to do is buy the raw leafs from the natives of S.A. it would be less then a Billion $. It grows at a high elevation and a only limited amount can be produced.

edit on 1-2-2015 by Michaelfunction because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Here's a great expose on the subject. In my opinion it's one of the better put together stories and would have been all over the news in a society with free media. This website is one of the best on the subject in general in terms of sourcing and actual investigative journalism.

More and more people are awake to the fact every day; right now the vibe from most is still complacency, mostly as a result of disbelief, but it is slowly turning to outrage among the circles I know. People from both sides of the isle are wising up it seems.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Wow lol you think the American people care about the illegal activities of thier government think again. Its only bad if citizens get caught with the drugs that get pumped into the country, so we can fill the privitized prisons. Classic do as I say not as I do scenario.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Alternative Views:Iran Contra Here's an ep of a show called Alternative Views at the height of the scandal.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Great posts everyone! Now, with the help of everyone on ATS this is now a very informative thread! I am going to watch these videos and read these accounts that you have provided.

What is amazing is that the following seemingly incredible point seems to have near unanimous agreement on here: THE CIA IS INVOLVED DEEPLY IN THE ILLEGAL DRUG TRADE.

It is a huge statement and people are now coming to grips with it. It will only change if we demand it, and if we care. If we don't care, or pretend not to notice, then this abuse of global citizens will continue indefinitely.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

Lol that movie is called "Blow" with Johnny Depp. It isn't a documentary but is based on a real events. Great movie.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jchristopher5

Finally, since this is not a theory and is fact, why are people not more outraged by this? Our government is locking up users with one hand (infamous "war on drugs") while supplying it with the other. We should be up in arms, but meanwhile it's okay, as long as we have a Super Bowl to watch.

Most of my fellow U.S. citizens are in no uncertain terms, dummies. If you eat fast food you are a dummy. If you smoke cigarettes, you are a dummy. If you watch the State of the Union address and think the president cares about your future, you are a dummy. If you think voting for one of two scumbags will bring about positive change, you are a dummy. If you think your god is better than their god, you are a dummy. Conclusion? The U.S. citizenry is a horde of zombies.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: centhwevir1979

originally posted by: Jchristopher5

Finally, since this is not a theory and is fact, why are people not more outraged by this? Our government is locking up users with one hand (infamous "war on drugs") while supplying it with the other. We should be up in arms, but meanwhile it's okay, as long as we have a Super Bowl to watch.

Most of my fellow U.S. citizens are in no uncertain terms, dummies. If you eat fast food you are a dummy. If you smoke cigarettes, you are a dummy. If you watch the State of the Union address and think the president cares about your future, you are a dummy. If you think voting for one of two scumbags will bring about positive change, you are a dummy. If you think your god is better than their god, you are a dummy. Conclusion? The U.S. citizenry is a horde of zombies.

We need a worldwide change in consciousness toward a humanity totally cooperative with each other. We need to rid the world of the current parasitic and sociopathic pyramidal power structure. PEACE.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Good evening, first post from a very long term forum follower.

The thing that opened my eyes to this was the Montel interview, I was sent a copy of this when it first aired years ago now on Youtube thankfully..

direct link, video is having issues uploading to site
www.youtube.com...

Well worth a watch..

RA.

edit on 2-2-2015 by slider1982 because: youtube video had a bad link

edit on 2-2-2015 by slider1982 because: video not working

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join