It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Inspirational speech from Jim Carey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

Thx for posting that...Jim Carrey just went up a notch in my book

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I personally did not find it inspiring. I tried to, but it's some nice to believe nonsense because unfortunately, you are not the only person who is important in this world, you have to consider everyone.

Nice try, but not inspiring to me. Stick to comedy Jim, not inspirational speaking!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I liked that thanks. He has always been one of my favorite actors, so goofy and funny yet can also play a serious role. Talented man and a very powerful message.

ID

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Awesome! Here's another good one!
Jim Carrey Spiritual Awakening

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hmmm...

Nope, not inspired! Nice try, though, Jim.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I never expected this side of Jim Carrey, cool video. I was inspired. S&F

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Humor is born of intelligence so this is no surprise that he should speak so profoundly. I happen to agree with what he says in that we are either acting out of fear or love as our major motivators. The tricky part is dealing with the boredom, where does it come from? When we think there is no more to learn, to experience or do we begin thinking in smaller and smaller circles that always come back to ourselves. This is why humility is so important that we continue living each day instead of feeling we are repeating it. Habits are something else we should take care with lest they cease to serve us and begin to serve themselves.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Powerful words,

I do like a good speech,

this is by far my favourite though

gives me goosebumps!
edit on 1/2/15 by Phatdamage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Jim c.... Is a shill just like Chris rock...

Why do people have so much faith in the rich and stupid?

Sad sad sad

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

He was fed that crap.... that would never come from the mind of himself after his poorly worded so called interviews last year..

it's amazing how gullible you guys are please look into it you'll get a good laugh.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Very easy for a celebrity who is financially SET FOR LIFE to say to suggest to others about simply letting go of fear. This character doesnt EVER have to FEAR things that the rest of us FEAR like ever becoming homeless, going hungry, being stressed out as a regular working stiff your entire life while watching life pass you by, while missing important family events, and millions of other things us lowly average peasents must FEAR everyday.

Easy for this character to say. Must be nice to simply wave an invisible wand and eliminate fear in ones life. Only if you are set for life like characters such as he can that realistically be done.

You just have to love when people so disconnected from reality give "inspirational" advice to us without having a damn clue how life really is for the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
He speaks the truth.

Jim Carrey started off poor and homeless. He lived out of his vehicle to make ends meet. He worked very hard in the unforgiving entertainment industry to get where he is at. It wasn't easy, especially with haters such as some of you constantly kicking him down. He has had a lot of time during his career to do some soul searching, and find peace, and obtain wisdom. He is just sharing that wisdom with us in this video.

How some of you can sit there behind your computers and insult him is beyond me. I think maybe your words and actions are driven by fear. Exactly what Jim suggests.
edit on 1-2-2015 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: More1ThanAny1 The haters live by fear.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: More1ThanAny1

Personally, I don't see how anyone could worship these controlled puppets.

You have been taught to listen to these marionettes like they are somehow enlightened.

Enjoy the show.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

There you are so free and enlightened yet you fail to say something i'd consider to be worth my time, no matter what you're commenting on. Do you have an original thought somewhere in your head? Or do you really just rise by putting others down?
Controlled puppets? What? Sounds like jealousy...

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Even though I think Jim Carrey is involved in some rituals involving elite circles, I was able to analyse this speech seperatly from that and have to say I am quite impressed. The things he said is EXACTLY how I feel. I understood perfectly what he ment with the difference between hope and faith and the inner silence.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Jim Who, Isint that the girl that was mocking gun owners a few months ago?
Sadly, i could care less what he has to say, he proved by his rant, and his retraction that he is only in hollywood for his money. Nothing else matters, this is probably a attempt to gain some fans back.

Its one thing to act a A$% and mock legal gun owners, but if you feel that way, stick to it, dont cow down when your stock falls flat and try to suck them back.

Nope, he lost me for good, will never see a movie or show he is in again.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I think you are mistaking me for someone else. I don't worship anyone. Nor have I been taught to 'listen to marionettes'. I am not some mindless robot that lets others control how I think and feel, and whom I should or shouldn't listen to.

I am just a man listening to what another man has to say. With ears to hear, and eyes to see.

Maybe you should try and put aside all hatred, fear, indifference, prejudice, and forget about so called conspiracies, and see Jim as just another man too. Maybe you should try that for everyone in this world, not just Jim... you might learn something. In fact, you should try seeing others as if they were your self with different experiences and opinions, living a different life. That will get you even further in life.

It seems you have let your fears divide you from others. Your fears have caused you to cower down into a 'me versus them' mindset. You have created unnecessary opposition for yourself.

Here you are in a position which fears "controlled marionettes" deceiving people, and yet you don't even realize that you are the marionette dangling from strings controlled by fear.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: severdsoul

I'm a big 2nd Amendment supporter and I was aware of Carey's recent anti-gun commercials but ya know what? Even those who disagree with us on some issues may have real wisdom to share. All too often we allow these types of prejudices to color our perception of others.

edit on 1-2-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join